May 24, 2018, 06:00 AM
We Help You Fly :)))
Thread OP
New Product

FXT VIPER 5.8GHz Diversity HD FPV Goggles

FXT just released their new FPV goggles .. this is their first goggles i guess.

you can check the goggles here : http://bit.ly/2tG6zwS

Specification:
Brand name: FXT
Screen size 5.0 inch
Screen type TFT LCD screen/long life
Screen resolution 800*480 pixels
Ratio 16:9
Screen brightness 800cd/m2
Video format AUTO/PAL/NTSC
Input signal AV/HDMI
Work status OSD display Yes
HDMI IN (mini HDMI) version 1.1 digital
Output signal AV
Input voltage 7-28v
Power consumption [email protected]
Built-in DVR Yes
Recording format AVI
Support TF card Max 32GB Micro SD card
Antenna connector SMA
Dimension 129*89*11mm
5.8GHz receiver Sensitivity -90dBm
Channel 37 channels
Autoscan channels Yes
Audio 6.5MHz
Frequency range 5.658GHz~5.917GHz
Goggles housing Object distance 43mm
IPD 63mm
FOV 45 Degree
Reflectivity ≥85%
Features:
Intergrated refractor
Ergonomic design
Allow using with glasses
High quality image
Integrated DVR
Diversity RX
Autoscan channels
Support HD IN

Package included:
1 x FXT VIPER 5.8GHz Diversity HD FPV Goggles
1 x Monitor
2 x Antennas
3 x Cables
1 x Manual
1 x Storage package
Last edited by rotorsupport; Feb 26, 2019 at 09:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2018, 06:02 AM
We Help You Fly :)))
Thread OP
reserved for review
May 25, 2018, 07:11 AM
Registered User Friendly
this is the only video on I've seen on this. I hope someone else can share their experience

BOX GOGGLE GAMECHANGER!! FINALLY!! FXT VIPER GOGGLE REVIEW tech tuesday (26 min 28 sec)
May 25, 2018, 12:15 PM
Is it the same screen component as their Marvel Vision? It's similar, but the monitor's casing is slightly different.

https://www.getfpv.com/skyzone-fpv-g...diversity.html

FXT Marvel Vision II 40CH DVR 5.8GHz Diversity Goggles Review (15 min 23 sec)
May 25, 2018, 02:16 PM
FYI. One can also order them direct:

http://www.szfxt.com/fxt-viper-58ghz...dvr_p0032.html
May 26, 2018, 01:23 AM
Registered User Friendly
[QUOTE=phelme;39707162]Is it the same screen component as their Marvel Vision? It's similar, but the monitor's casing is slightly different.

The specs are different. The vision has a built-in rechargeable battery while the Viper need an external battery. Vision's screen resolution is only 480x272 while the Viper is 800x480 pixels
May 26, 2018, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValHeli
The specs are different. The vision has a built-in rechargeable battery while the Viper need an external battery. Vision's screen resolution is only 480x272 while the Viper is 800x480 pixels
That's the Marvel Vision I, the Marvel Vision II has an 800x480 screen as well. Could be the only difference is the frame & prisms.
May 29, 2018, 02:26 PM
John Kodolemos
Quote:
this is the only video on I've seen on this. I hope someone else can share their experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJIdQkYAZ_s
well what a surprise,another shock to the system...
May 29, 2018, 02:44 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
the price of these is crazy!

For box goggles, the 45 degree FOV is terrible, its got a tiny 5" screen and its only 800x480 resolution too!

for just a fiver more you can get a 72 degree FOV from a 7" screen with a resolution of 1280x800.
https://www.banggood.com/Skyzone-SJ-...48507252016052

These viper goggles are just not worth the money banggood is asking!
May 29, 2018, 08:15 PM
Uksteve did you get a pair to review?
May 31, 2018, 05:34 PM
Just got mine in the mail today. For someone who wears glasses and hearing about some box goggles having issues with fitment and focal point.....these things rock. I decided to try them after hearing about them on UAV Futures and seeing how comfortable they were with glasses and I am not dissappointed. Very nice set-up.
May 31, 2018, 07:41 PM
Good to hear you like the goggles, hopefully they work out long term for you.
Jun 01, 2018, 12:29 AM
Registered User Friendly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekibiogami
Just got mine in the mail today. For someone who wears glasses and hearing about some box goggles having issues with fitment and focal point.....these things rock. I decided to try them after hearing about them on UAV Futures and seeing how comfortable they were with glasses and I am not dissappointed. Very nice set-up.
Glad to hear you like them! I also ordered one after seeing the review. I should be getting mine in a couple of weeks. What sold me was grumpy trev's approval. My last box goggles was the VR D2 I really liked the huge immersive view but I had to wear contacts to focus properly. What other diversity goggles do you have and how do they compare?
Jun 01, 2018, 02:14 PM
None, I have been watching reviews for a long time and usually boil down to a few flaws.
Uncomfortable
Not true diversity
Focal length
Bad design
Crappy firmware

Took a chance on these. Ive been using a 5in monitor on my controller from Specktrum since the UM F-79 FPV was released and wanted box goggles with the Opterra 1.2m S+ coming. Everything that review had is dead on including the light leakage at the bottom but so far it hasnt bothered me one bit.

Quote:
Glad to hear you like them! I also ordered one after seeing the review. I should be getting mine in a couple of weeks. What sold me was grumpy trev's approval. My last box goggles was the VR D2 I really liked the huge immersive view but I had to wear contacts to focus properly. What other diversity goggles do you have and how do they compare?
Jun 01, 2018, 02:15 PM
already got mine. (arrived in less than a week to California via DHL )

first thing I'll say is, for me anyways, there is a definite problem of "Caucasian-fit."

I've got a big head and the top strap doesn't quite go back far enough to catch my occipital bone as I'd like. the weight of a battery in the handy pocket on the back of strap for it, helps keep it in place though. Light leakage at the nose is an issue too. If the strap fit was better and could pull the goggle tighter to the face. that problem could be mitigated. What I do love though is that one can take the eye-cup section off, so you can see around you too if you want.

(a few photos: one of the whole kit of the FXT Viper, a size comparison with the Skyzone GS500, a view through to the screen, eye-cup separated from the goggle)

Quick Reply