Horizon RC Fest - June 1st - 3rd!! - RC Groups

Horizon RC Fest - June 1st - 3rd!!

Are you ready for the Horizon RC Fest? This great event is even larger this year! Click to learn more and see our photos from last year's event!!

Splash

The Horizon RC Fest is a Blast!

I was at last years event and really had a great time. I got to see all the latest Horizon planes and just as cool was being able to talk to all the Horizon staff that helped create some of my favorite RC products! They are a great bunch of people and this event is more than your average RC fly-in. RCGroups and FlyingGiants will be covering the event and we hope to see you there!

From Horizon

The Horizon RC Fest is a hands-on, fun-focused RC celebration for the entire family. Brought to you by Horizon Hobby, it is scheduled in beautiful Monticello, Illinois at Eli Field. This three-day event will feature an RC airshow, drone racing, RC product demonstrations, giveaways and more! Youíll also be able to get hands-on with all kinds of RC vehicles and aircraft. This will be an AMA Sanctioned event so there will be open flying for pilots with an AMA membership. Refreshment vendors and a hobby retailer will be on site. Donít miss it! Spectator tickets are FREE!

All-Day RC Action Centered On You!

• First Person View Inductrix Drone Experience
  • Pilot a HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ Plane
  • FPV Racing Ride-a-long
  • Take the Rock Crawler Challenge
  • Race Off-Road with the ECX AMP Buggy
  • Kids Activities for All Ages
  • Watch or Compete in Races and Contests
  • Giveaways and Prizes
  • Fireworks Display
  • Meet RC Enthusiasts from Across the Country
  • RC Multi-Event Bash Fest
  • RV and Tent Camping (Primitive, limited spaces)
  • Bring your own RC products and take advantage of driving and flying time!
  • Open flying for AMA Members
  • TLR Cup 1/8 Scale Race
  • Scaler Time Trial Competitions
  • MultiGP FPV Drone Race
  • Basher's Boulevard competitions featuring Freestyle, Vegas Style Racing, Tug of War, Sumo, Long Jump, Figure 8 Trailer Race, and much more!

Professional RC Demonstrations

See high-tech, one-of-a-kind aircraft and surface vehicles of all shapes and sizes demonstrated by experts. Horizon RC Fest goes till dark, weather permitting. Watch the RC Airshow with 200+ MPH Jets, MultiGP FPV Drone Races, a TLR Cup 1/8 Scale Race and much more!

Directions

Location link from RCGroups Places.

Eli Field is located at -88.south,-east0.059821 N. To drive to the field, use I-72 exit 166. On the south east side of the interchange is a Mobil station on Iron Horse Lane. Follow the road back toward the train museum. When you get to the train museum entrance, rather than turning left at the RR crossing, proceed straight, just to the right of a private drive. After passing through the club gate, turn left and proceed northeast until you come to the parking area.

Photos From Last Year

Learn More

For daily event schedules, hotels and more head to the event page.

RCGroups Event Coverage From 2017

For more photo coverage of last year go to my event coverage thread.

Old May 22, 2018, 02:28 PM
lental
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while lental edits it.
May 23, 2018, 08:04 AM
going
Jun 02, 2018, 08:57 PM
I went Friday and had a good but hot time. Make sure you the enter the hobby raffle. It supports local boys and girls club and you get goodies up front for buying tickets. I did $20 and got a hat, lanyard, and a foam gliders (which I gave to deserving kids...nice to see the smiles)
Sunday is gonna be a bit windy but the cars don't care. I even drove around an FPV rock crawler and had a blast. The new Jaw Hammer crawler is pretty cool.
Last edited by speed2004; Jun 02, 2018 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Jun 03, 2018, 08:03 AM

2018 RC Fest

Great Saturday out there! Didn't get to hot till late afternoon. Raffle was great, I too gave kids my won hat & shirt. Love the flying, though not sure I understand those spinning, high "G" helicopters and airplanes! Aerobatic's are fun to watch but that's too much in my opinion.
Kudo's Horizon.
Last edited by heartlandaccents; Jun 03, 2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply