RCG Place of the Month - Hangar 18 Hobbies - RC Groups

RCG Place of the Month - Hangar 18 Hobbies

This month's featured Place is Hangar 18 Hobbies located in Cary, North Carolina. It's a great hobby shop with something for everyone!

Splash

RCGroups May Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Hangar 18 Hobbies located in Cary, North Carolina. With hobby shops closing down all the time due to internet sales, we have to support our local hobby shops if we want them to stick around. It is so great to be able to walk in and see all the hobby supplies, get hands on support from an expert and pick up parts and equipment right when you need it. Hangar 18 Hobbies is a full service hobby shop that you can visit to see RC cars, trucks, airplanes, helis, drones and boats. They also carry board games, model kits, rockets and more. They do repairs and aim to serve the community with education packages, hosting racing events and training. Keep it up guys!

Check out the Hangar 18 Hobbies Places Page

May 22, 2018, 03:03 PM
Parkstormer!
Hangar 18's awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've been in and seen them patiently explaining things to a beginner, giving realistic advice about the pros and cons of one plane versus another to someone more experienced, suggesting "tweaks" to existing planes and the like. My wife's also a fan--they walked her through picking some lipos for me as a present, based on what I flew, and patiently soldered new connectors while she waited. When someone stops, watches me fly and asks how to get started, the answer's pretty easy . . . I'm happy to see them featured here and can't recommend them highly enough.
May 24, 2018, 05:46 AM
Maggie is in charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
Hangar 18's awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've been in and seen them patiently explaining things to a beginner, giving realistic advice about the pros and cons of one plane versus another to someone more experienced, suggesting "tweaks" to existing planes and the like. My wife's also a fan--they walked her through picking some lipos for me as a present, based on what I flew, and patiently soldered new connectors while she waited. When someone stops, watches me fly and asks how to get started, the answer's pretty easy . . . I'm happy to see them featured here and can't recommend them highly enough.
Ditto to all above. It is a great shop and staff.
May 26, 2018, 07:49 AM
Been shopping there for years, great place!
May 28, 2018, 03:57 PM

Thanks!

Hey guys! Bryan here from Hangar 18 Hobbies. It is an honor to be listed as a Place of the Month and we just wanted to say thanks for pointing us out!

Quick Reply