Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 21, 2018, 11:44 PM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Mini-Review

Xiaomi MiTu 720P HD WiFi Infrared Battle Mini RC Drone


Xiaomi MiTu 720P Wifi Battle Drone Full Review,Setup And Indoor Flight (18 min 19 sec)



You can buy the quad here Xiaomi MITU

11% off coupon code:Toysho

Pros:
Durable
App controls are the best i have used to fly a quad
Voice indicater when the battery is low
Bluetooth controller support
IR flying battle mode if you have 2 quads
360 flips are great
Hovers very stable
Hand lauch is ok
Optical flow
Ultrasonic sensor
To use the gravity sensor on your phone,press the icon on the app,after you have centred the dots hold in the right stick and move your phone to control the quad.
Hight restriction
720P HD camera
Built in 4GB of memory,easy to download pics and videos to your phone or PC



Cons:
Light does not go of when charged
Chinese manual
Proprietary battery
From what i have seen so far the camera is not that good indoors.yet to test the quad outside
5G wifi so you must have a up to date phone to fly the quad

Will update this list when i get to fly it outside if the wind ever goes away
Last edited by Merch; Jun 01, 2018 at 12:42 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2018, 05:26 AM
Registered User
Get a BT Controller connected to the MITU (not the mobile device as Tello) for better control instead.
I would suggest GameSir T1s for better connection than the other Controllers. You may also need a second MITU for actual Infra Red Gun Shooting against each other.
May 22, 2018, 10:08 PM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
Get a BT Controller connected to the MITU (not the mobile device as Tello) for better control instead.
I would suggest GameSir T1s for better connection than the other Controllers. You may also need a second MITU for actual Infra Red Gun Shooting against each other.
Just now for me it is fun enough just using the App to fly, It's not worth buying another one when i know it won't get used much because i review so many quads.
May 22, 2018, 11:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Just now for me it is fun enough just using the App to fly, It's not worth buying another one when i know it won't get used much because i review so many quads.
I would say only the 5G Wifi control and the Infra Red Gun Shooting among MITU's are the only selling point of this quad. All those shaking videos, 2MP photos, BT range, and inaccurate ultrasonic sensor flying are far behind Tello standard.
Last edited by Alan Chan; May 23, 2018 at 12:00 AM.
May 23, 2018, 01:41 AM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
I would say only the 5G Wifi control and the Infra Red Gun Shooting among MITU's are the only selling point of this quad. All those shaking videos, 2MP photos, BT range, and inaccurate ultrasonic sensor flying are far behind Tello standard.
Ahhh well i will still go out and test it today maybe they might do a firmware update?,here are some closer pictures of the quad.






















May 23, 2018, 06:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Ahhh well i will still go out and test it today maybe they might do a firmware update?,here are some closer pictures of the quad.
Merch, just show us the 720P Video captured from MITU especially from outdoor and everyone will be happy.

Alan
May 23, 2018, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
Merch, just show us the 720P Video captured from MITU especially from outdoor and everyone will be happy.

Alan
Will do
May 24, 2018, 02:05 AM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Still can't get to fly outside too windy

Xiaomi MiTu Battle Drone Some Onboard Footage (6 min 36 sec)
May 24, 2018, 10:13 PM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Updated with some pros and cons.
May 24, 2018, 10:49 PM
Registered User
Dino54's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Still can't get to fly outside too windy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuwL7t8CF8Q
Thanks for the video, nice living room hopefully your outdoor session will concentrate on some full screen, onboard footage
May 25, 2018, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino54
Thanks for the video, nice living room hopefully your outdoor session will concentrate on some full screen, onboard footage
Thanks......but still crazy windy here just busted the shark shell of the Eachine E010S Pro trying to fly in it lol.
Jun 01, 2018, 01:05 AM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Still not had a break to fly outside yet but i did have a problem tonight.

The quad has never been crashed and when i turned it on tonight it said there was a problem with the accelerometer please restart the quad plus the App said it was not on a flat surface but it was.
I turned the quad off and on countless times,even tried to calibrate the accelerometer but it would not let me because it said the quad was not on a flat surface yet it was

So i thought to myself let me give it a shake in the air while i was on the calibration page of the App and Viola lol it said place on a flat surface to calibrate it, I have no idea what went on my guess is there might be something loose inside the quad,all is good now.
Sharing this just incase others stuble onto this strange problem
Jun 12, 2018, 04:03 AM
Registered User
I have the same problem. have you solved it ????
Jun 12, 2018, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Merch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro1983
I have the same problem. have you solved it ????
After i gave it a shake in the air while i was on the calibration page of the App and it said place on a flat surface to calibrate the quad,I have not had this problem again, like i said before,no idea what was wrong but it worked.
Jun 12, 2018, 01:43 PM
Registered User
Solved ok


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Xiaomi MiTu - A Drone with Multi-machine Infrared Battle BGKevin Mini Multirotor Drones 5 May 30, 2018 05:52 AM
Discussion New Arrival & Xiaomi MITU WiFi FPV 720P HD Camera Mini RC Drone Gearbest Gearbest.com 1 Apr 26, 2018 08:49 AM
New Product Xiaomi MITU WIFI FPV RC Drone GeekBuying Geekbuying.com 0 Apr 25, 2018 06:50 AM
Mini-Review Flytec T18D Wifi FPV 720P Wide Angle HD Mini Camera Altitude Hold RC Racing Drone RTF LTECNIC Multirotor Drone Talk 1 Sep 23, 2017 10:55 AM