Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 21, 2018, 10:32 PM
Once in a lifetime
Discussion

current seems to be limited from powerlab 8

Hello,

I have a powerlab 8 hooked up to two HP power supplies (in series, with floating ground) They are capable of 47A at 12Vdc, its the common HP server PS.

I am unable to get the total output current over 12.1 Amps. I tried to charge three 4s 1500maH at 3C--4.5A each so the total current during the charge will be 3x4.5 or 13.5A. If my math or calculation is wrong feel free to correct--

When I was going through these threads, I saw that the parallel boards require the wiring setting to be set to xh/ instead of the FMA where it was set at.

I changed the wiring setting and set up the batteries for charge and the top current it got to was 10.7A

I have my max current set up at 46A in the settings. i am measuring 24.7 volts from the power supplies that are feeding the pl8.

Apparently for quite a while I was charging using the parallel boards with the setting in FMA mode. Could that have damaged the charger?

Any help you can suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2018, 04:03 PM
Hey Dan
What charger preset are you using?
I believer you have to use the presets labeled 'High Power', or else you will be limited in amps as you described.
May 27, 2018, 04:24 PM
Once in a lifetime
I'm using the charge setting lipo over 10 amps, will have to see about the preset setting if that's something else.

Thanks,

Dan
May 28, 2018, 03:30 PM
Once in a lifetime
I went into the presets and changed the current for charging up to 38 amps from 10.

Have to try it later today or tomorrow. Went to a nice Memorial day service today, my son commanded the color guard as they presented the colors at the beginning of the service.

He's going into the USMC later this fall, remember the fallen today.

Quick Reply