View Poll Results: Do you want 3 days of catered lunches at the TS event?
YES 16 76.19%
NO 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

May 20, 2018, 12:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

US F5J Team Selection

Registration is now open at https://www.f3xevents.com !

I will update this thread with more information about the event as it occurs.

The event will be held Sat-Mon Sept 1-3, 2018 at Sunny Slope Sod Farm
8910 N 119th St
Longmont CO 80504

The exact location on the farm will not be known until the week before the event due to farming operations.
The farm will be open starting Friday AM for practice on Friday. Please do not arrive before then. You may park and/or practice at our club field on 120th Ave 1 mile east of Tower Rd if you want to before then:
Scienturfic Sod Farm
20355 E 120th Ave,
Commerce City, CO 80022

Since this is a US TS event, you MUST also register with the AMA NO LATER THAN AUG 2, 2018. There are 2 registrations you must complete with them:
  • Program Entry - to join the team program
  • Finals Entry - to enter the finals

On the F3xevents registration page I have included links to the necessary entry forms.
All registrations must be received by the AMA no later than Aug 2, 2018!

A few logistics items:

LODGING and DINING
The closest hotels are in Longmont, CO. Three are a number of choices but they are not the cheapest rooms. Those hotels are about 4 miles from the flying site. There are lots of amenities and eating places close to those hotels. Prices range from $142 to $199. A bit further to the east at the intersection of 119 and I25 are another group of the lower priced hotels. These will range from $86 to $166. They are about 7 miles from the field. There are only fast food options there. You could easily eat in Longmont before going back out there however.

Dry camping and RV parking will be available at the field. You may not camp on the sod as the sprinklers will run nightly.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have.
See you there!
Jim
Last edited by jimsoars; Jul 24, 2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Venue Update
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2018, 12:18 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
dates??
May 20, 2018, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
DOH - dates added to the first post...
May 20, 2018, 08:37 PM
Thread OP
Bobby Burson brought to my attention that there may be an issue with the AMA forms.

I will contact them tomorrow and get it fixed.

Until then I have disabled the links to the AMA forms.
Jim
May 20, 2018, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsoars
DOH - dates added to the first post...
Jim,
There is no teams to fly with in this comp, right?
May 20, 2018, 11:40 PM
Thread OP
Correct.. No teams...
May 22, 2018, 09:03 AM

I'm confused...

Jim,

It sounds like I need a total of three registrations - two to the AMA plus register at f3xevents.com? Is that correct?

David
May 22, 2018, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Yes - but please hold off on the AMA registrations.

They misinterpreted the bid somehow and reduced the entry fee to the AMA from the normal $75 to $45. That is not correct. I have sent an email to the AMA about the error but they have not yet responded. I will call them today to get this fixed. I think they have to resend the paperwork to the email distribution of past participants again.

You can continue to register for the event on f3xevents.com.

Sorry for the confusion.
Jim
May 22, 2018, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsoars
Yes - but please hold off on the AMA registrations.
Opps. Too late for that - the AMA forms were sent last week and I see a $70 charge on my credit card. Once things with AMA have been straightened out just post here and I'll give them a call. Please let me know who I should talk to.

David
Last edited by dbeach; May 22, 2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: clarified
May 22, 2018, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Sorry - trying to get this fixed as soon as possible.
Jim
May 23, 2018, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
It appears that the AMA person that handles this is out until May 29. Please hold off on AMA registrations until this is cleared up.
You can continue to register on f3xevents.com
Thanks - Jim
May 25, 2018, 01:24 PM
Hey,

There’s a hotel near the field (15 Miles) for 87.00 per night for normal people. 69.00 per night for airline people. Lots of Southwest pilots based at DIA that don’t live in the Denver area use this place. Not fancy. Impersonate an airline pilot at your own peril for the lower rate. Use small words, grunt, use caveman gestures. “Mongo forget airline ID”, etc.

www.thedenverairporthotel.com

I’m actually hearing pretty good things about this place; breakfast, some restaurants nearby.
Jun 12, 2018, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
OK folks - the AMA registration issues have been resolved - you are now cleared to register. If you did not receive an email with instructions - here you go...

You must register with the AMA - there is a $25 Program Fee and a $75 Finals Fee. The forms for this are on f3xevents.com for the team selection event.

In addition you must register at f3xevents.com and pay the $45 event Fee.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks - Jim
Jul 01, 2018, 10:25 PM
Thread OP

Team Selection Food

I am considering having catered food similar to what was done for F5J in the Rockies. I need to know how many pilots would like to take a lunch break and have a catered lunch. Right now this would be Pulled pork and Chicken on Sat, Ribs and Brisket on Sunday and Subway sandwiches on Monday.

All 3 days would be included, no splitting days. The cost is to be determined but somewhere between $40-$50.

Please take the poll and I will make a decision as we get closer to the event.

Thanks - Jim
Jul 16, 2018, 06:23 PM
Thread OP

Deadline Reminder

REMINDER: You must be registered by AUG 2, 2018. See F3XEvents.com to register for the location and the forms you MUST submit by the deadline for the AMA.

Jim

Quick Reply