Dec 01, 2020, 08:13 PM
I like twins!
Mine did the same thing when I installed the receiver. I was at a loss, so I did the following:

Bind to your receiver with a different setup- a receiver pack or plugged into a loose esc and battery. Then, ONLY plug the BEC into the bind port, the throttle cable into the throttle port. That way, you have eliminated the Rx problem, and are only testing the BEC and throttle. Check that your Rx lights up properly when you power it on. If you don't get four beeps, something else is wrong.

Double check that you don't have the throttle reversed.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2020, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajukenbo
Mine did the same thing when I installed the receiver. I was at a loss, so I did the following:

Bind to your receiver with a different setup- a receiver pack or plugged into a loose esc and battery. Then, ONLY plug the BEC into the bind port, the throttle cable into the throttle port. That way, you have eliminated the Rx problem, and are only testing the BEC and throttle. Check that your Rx lights up properly when you power it on. If you don't get four beeps, something else is wrong.

YEA!!, I followed your instructions above and I have motors and throttle with just the BEC in the bind port and the throttle in the throttle slot. Now what is my next step to figure out what I have configured wrong in the radio. I have deleted the model and started over twice.
Dec 02, 2020, 03:36 PM
AKA JPriami
What the happened to Hobby King? I've ordered from them for years now. Every time the items I order are shipped the next day during business days. I ordered this plane Sunday & expected it here by this following weekend.
Its now Wednesday & the stuff hasn't even been shipped yet.

I contacted the online chat & they tell me stuff ships in 2 to 3 days. I told them thats never been the case for me before. Is this some new policy they have? They tried to say its always been like that. But I'm living proof that this isn't true. I know from all my other orders over the years.

Im impatient yes. But I'm also one of those that feels if someone pays you for something you have. That you should be respectful & thankful for this purchase & ship items out promptly. I have done the same myself when people buy things from me. I stop shopping at places that don't give you that respect as a customer honestly.
Dec 02, 2020, 04:23 PM
Covid 19?
Dec 02, 2020, 04:40 PM
AKA JPriami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy101
Covid 19?
Idk. Didnt stop them from shipping the hundreds of dollars of things i ordered in just 2020 so far.
Dec 02, 2020, 04:41 PM

Price Jump

I just went to order one. They have been $304 for the last week. They jumped to $357??
Dec 02, 2020, 04:45 PM
AKA JPriami
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamm
I just went to order one. They have been $304 for the last week. They jumped to $357??
Thats the normal price at 357. Earlier in the year they were selling for 257 for the blue angels one. But it was out of stock in USA. Shipping was going to cost more than the plane from international warehouse. So I held off & bought some other planes from Horizon & motion rc.

I seen the sale for black Friday & cyber Monday of 304. So I figured I'd go ahead and get one now.
Dec 02, 2020, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4FOX
What the happened to Hobby King? I've ordered from them for years now. Every time the items I order are shipped the next day during business days. I ordered this plane Sunday & expected it here by this following weekend.
Its now Wednesday & the stuff hasn't even been shipped yet.

I contacted the online chat & they tell me stuff ships in 2 to 3 days. I told them thats never been the case for me before. Is this some new policy they have? They tried to say its always been like that. But I'm living proof that this isn't true. I know from all my other orders over the years.

Im impatient yes. But I'm also one of those that feels if someone pays you for something you have. That you should be respectful & thankful for this purchase & ship items out promptly. I have done the same myself when people buy things from me. I stop shopping at places that don't give you that respect as a customer honestly.
This has been discussed numerous times in numerous other threads but here's the deal: We moved the warehouse which caused lots of backlogs and issues with inventory. Due to some COVID related restrictions we've had to limit staff. There are other factors as well so things may be delayed a bit but we're catching up and things should be back to normal soon.

Rob
HK NY
Dec 02, 2020, 05:44 PM
HK has been doing a pretty good job in light of the pandemic and moving the warehouse. I had an order from US warehouse shipped in 2 days last month, then a new order last week that was shipped in 3 days. That's darn good!! (sure glad they have that free shipping straightened out now).
Last edited by jimq26; Dec 03, 2020 at 08:18 AM.
Dec 02, 2020, 08:59 PM
AKA JPriami
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimq26
HK has been doing a pretty good job in light of the pandemic and moving the warehouse. I had an order from US warehouse shipped in 2 days last month, then a new order shipped in 3 days. That's pretty darn good!! (sure glad they have that free shipping straightened out now).
Thats great.
Too bad mines been 3 days now & still hasn't shipped.
Dec 02, 2020, 09:28 PM
I think mine is on the way. ordered on turkey day and shipped yesterday Tues.) They shipped Fedex. Does anyone know if they require a signature. Suppose to get here Monday and I won't be home. I didn't think it would take 11 days to get here.
Dec 02, 2020, 09:36 PM
Quote:

Thank you very much for the assistance so far. Can you help me with the next step in figuring out what is wrong with my radio setup....thanks, Bill
Dec 02, 2020, 10:20 PM
I like twins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneedles
YEA!!, I followed your instructions above and I have motors and throttle with just the BEC in the bind port and the throttle in the throttle slot. Now what is my next step to figure out what I have configured wrong in the radio. I have deleted the model and started over twice.
If it worked, then you should be able to now plug in your other servo leads and set up the travel, rates, and reverse the ones that need it. I didn't have an issue after mine worked the first time. I never figured out why the esc's wouldn't arm initially. Just curious, what radio are you using?
Dec 02, 2020, 10:59 PM
Quote:
If it worked, then you should be able to now plug in your other servo leads and set up the travel, rates, and reverse the ones that need it. I didn't have an issue after mine worked the first time. I never figured out why the esc's wouldn't arm initially. Just curious, what radio are you using?
Spectrum DX8 Gen2
Dec 03, 2020, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Nice flight. It sounded windy, was it? Just curious as you mentioned no stabilizer in it, and yet it was still smooth in the air.
It had the occasional gust puffs but was light between them. Sounded worse in the mic. than it was.

Quick Reply