This thread is privately moderated by blitzen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2018, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

The Little Urban Drone

About a month ago I wrote about a micro size drone kit. The drone's frame isn’t so small (90mm) but the whole thing only weighs a few grams more than a “Tiny Whoop”. I don’t have a yard or a field nearby. But, I’ve got a bench outside my building and that is where I’ve been. I was astonished by the drones outstanding performance outdoors. The FPV signal carries for just over a block (100m). It’s great fun flying around the neighborhood. Over the past few weeks the configuration has been tweaked to the point of perfection. The combination F3 flight controller and 4 in 1 ESC is working flawlessly. The 0703 15000KV brushless motors are very quiet and after the flight they're still cold. I believe this is due to the DShot 600 ESC protocol and Dynamic Filtering in Betaflight. The motors and 3 blade props produce an abundant amount of thrust and the drone could afford to gain a little weight. So today, I’m building another Happymodel Trainer90 and I will continue to experiment.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply