Apr 09, 2020, 02:13 AM
Get this https://hobbyking.com/en_us/usb-prog...html?wrh_pdp=3 I know that it doesn't say that it works with the 60A Platinum V4, but it does using the PC software. Not as convenient as a plug-in box, but a lot cheaper...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2020, 02:46 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
bugger, no stock..........
Apr 09, 2020, 02:58 AM
That's a nuisance
Apr 10, 2020, 02:41 AM
two hover and gentle flying tests today. all good.

however the Gens Ace batteries are I think total rubbish. I can only get 1000 mah back into these on recharge, down to 3.75 volts in 5 minutes and at 4.2v thats teh max I can see going into them. one cell in each is also at least 10% off and I have to post balance charging them, partially run them down on a balancer and then recharge to try and get the even.

I smell a knock off BS china rat here......... going for an aliexpress refund..........

Mike - remind me what batteries you're using again please.
Apr 10, 2020, 03:01 AM
Sorry to here that Craig - these are what I use https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us
Apr 10, 2020, 04:47 AM
what flying time you seeing ?? Initially I had two HRB 1800 3S back to back, tight fit and was seeing around 6 1/2 minutes which seemed great.
Apr 10, 2020, 08:11 AM
I think that I have 5 minutes on the timer and there is capacity to spare still
Apr 10, 2020, 07:03 PM
damn, did it again, actually three times, low level hover at the park and about 50m out, the esc cuts off, thats telling me the Lemon diversity Say unit is loosing signal and the fail safe onto esc is kicking in right ?? Pick it up, walk back, 4 plus volts on the battery. spools straight up , state chover 10m away until the battery is done. repeat three times, close in good, 40 - 50 m loses power.

time to fit up a full size diversity receiver unit........ luckily I have a couple in the spares, ideally would like a sat then hanging off that as well.

no damage this time but could have been a disaster if it was up high at the time.......
Apr 11, 2020, 02:56 AM
Have you got any other batteries that you can try? And another Sat? At least you could eliminate them from your list then
Apr 11, 2020, 05:32 AM
I'm going to fit a full size diversity receiver, and a sat into that. I don't have any other diversity aerial sats but two spare dsmx units. I tried three batteries, I piggy backed two 1800 3S first up, thats what i originally flew it on. I'm figuring the sat has a problem. Flew my 450's and smaller stuff all over the park with the same radio no problems.

was wondering if the motor is drawing excessive current but nothing is hot, just warm.
Apr 11, 2020, 05:37 AM
link to a vid form my park fly this morning with the 250CFX - stretch. fun flier.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5622
Apr 11, 2020, 06:07 AM
That was flying nicely right up until it wasn't . I have a 300CFX and completely agree about the landing gear - it's awful and VERY expensive
Last edited by MikeHRC; Apr 11, 2020 at 04:11 PM.
Apr 11, 2020, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
I'm going to fit a full size diversity receiver, and a sat into that. I don't have any other diversity aerial sats but two spare dsmx units. I tried three batteries, I piggy backed two 1800 3S first up, thats what i originally flew it on. I'm figuring the sat has a problem. Flew my 450's and smaller stuff all over the park with the same radio no problems.

was wondering if the motor is drawing excessive current but nothing is hot, just warm.

What flybarless system do you have on it? Is there anything in the logs that shows signal drop?
Apr 11, 2020, 03:57 PM
BeastX plus. no logs in that systems that i'm aware of.
Apr 11, 2020, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
BeastX plus. no logs in that systems that i'm aware of.
Bummer.

Quick Reply