Oct 22, 2018, 07:52 PM
I am in my build, and the setscrew used to retain the tail shaft pin is an odd size. Although the manual implies that the piece comes assembled, it isn't. I can't get any of my metric or sae hex drivers to fit the set screw in the kit. And a "real" 2mm setscrew from my spare odds and ends parts box will not fit into the shaft.

Kind of in a bind here, for those that built this kit, how did you get past this? Bearing retainer or red locktite on the pin and hope for the best? Or did you find a hex driver to fit?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2018, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob
I am in my build, and the setscrew used to retain the tail shaft pin is an odd size. Although the manual implies that the piece comes assembled, it isn't. I can't get any of my metric or sae hex drivers to fit the set screw in the kit. And a "real" 2mm setscrew from my spare odds and ends parts box will not fit into the shaft.

Kind of in a bind here, for those that built this kit, how did you get past this? Bearing retainer or red locktite on the pin and hope for the best? Or did you find a hex driver to fit?
Could be a 1.3mm hex driver. Or 1.5.
My oxy 2 uses 1.3 all over.
Oct 23, 2018, 06:21 AM

Hex Driver - Update

First let me say I am impressed with ALZRC tech support. I messaged them on FB and got a response within an hour.

They infored me that the needed hex driver is included in the bag with the zip ties, etc. And it is a small sucker. You definately don't want to lose this one.

Mystery solved.

A few comments on the build. I like the kit. The instruction manual is good. Everything fit well. Now for my least favorite part of the build - routing electronics...
Oct 30, 2018, 08:27 PM
I got my X360 flying today. This is my first setup with a Spirit Pro. I had a few head scratching moments with channel mapping, but I eventually lucked into a configuration that worked! I especially like the Frsky integration with my Horus. It is nice to change fbl settings on the radio.

Maiden had a stiff 15-20 mph breeze. Anyway, the first flight went well. Mostly tuning the tail and governor speeds. I only flew for 3 1/2 minutes to make sure I didn't over discharge my lipo, so never got the chance to test the rescue mode. I was saving that for the second flight.

Second flight was checking tail on pitch pumps, when the heli lost power. My auto rotation skills are not very good and the bird dropped like a rock for the last 20 feet or so. Landing gear snapped. No other damage! Tail and main rotor mechanics solid, tail boom solid. This thing is built like a tank - cheapest repair I've ever had for such a poor "landing."

Cause of the power loss was a loose motor pinion. Time to get out the dremel and grind a flat on the motor shaft.

I still need to pretty up the wiring. The canopy mounting holes don't match up with the canopy mounting posts with a battery in the belly, I'll need to drill new holes in the canopy. I still need to tweak fbl settings, but I have a feeling my Franken450 is going to be a hangar queen because this going to be my cheap no fear heli.
Nov 04, 2018, 08:29 AM
Yeah, those short fat shafts really pay dividends in a crash! My Forza is the same, tho it uses a 4mm spindle.

That's a great feature, being able to adjust FBL parameters from the radio - I thought it was only over priced stuff like Mikado that would allow you to do that.

It's funny, tho - when the X3 came out, TT was all the rage and it had an awful bevel drive, with the boom angled up, which was really noisy. The belt conversion was an option. Glad to see ALZRC didn't copy the TT version!

I like "cheap, no fear" helis, and two of my currently active fleet of three fall into that category!
Nov 04, 2018, 11:22 AM
I can't believe that I am one of the few that have built and are flying this heli. I really like it. I did not need to grind a flat on the motor shaft, I did not see the flat that was on the motor shaft. I just about have the Spirit Pro dialed in. No tail wags on pitch pumps and tic tocs. I am working on getting crisper tail stops, and I still have lots of margin in the fbl settings to get there. Piros are flat, so much so that I need to see why my other helis tend to have the disc wobble during stationary piros. So far I am using about 750mah of my 1400mah 6s pack over 4:15 minute flights, I will probably end up with my timer at 5 minutes. I need to see what my rpms are in the telemetry logs to figure out what my headspeeds are.

Compared to my sloppy franken450, this heli is tight with no slop, and the layout makes working on this heli easy. My Devil 380 feels very heavy in the air next to this spry heli.

Did I say how much I liked this heli? Unlike down thread, I had absolutely no issues with the build, fit and finish are good, and parts are available. I just wish I did not have to drill another hole in the canopy.

End of report.
Nov 04, 2018, 01:45 PM
Spirit Pro is a bit posh for a cheap no fear heli, tho!

Have you read of Jetplaneflyer's swash tilt issues with one of his Spirits?
Nov 04, 2018, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I responded in the other thread. No idea. I think it may be FUBAR.
Nov 04, 2018, 04:06 PM
I had a kbar do that swash tilt thing... I gave it a "tap test" with a 2lb ball been hammer. that fixed it, then I bought a new one and it magically worked! (the new one, I picked up the pieces of the smashed one and threw them away)
Nov 09, 2018, 09:59 PM
rc user
the super combo is on sale again, $269

https://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-X360-...r_warehouse=CN
Nov 10, 2018, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
the super combo is on sale again, $269

https://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-X360-...r_warehouse=CN
Stop tempting me

I just purchased a new radio, but with a deal like that on

Jake
Nov 10, 2018, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
Stop tempting me

I just purchased a new radio, but with a deal like that on

Jake
Go on Jake, a new heli would compliment the DX9 perfectly ..... and it is very nearly Christmas, anyway
Nov 10, 2018, 07:55 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The specs are 34mmx34mm for the battery do you think a 34mm x 37mm can fit ?
Nov 11, 2018, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
Go on Jake, a new heli would compliment the DX9 perfectly ..... and it is very nearly Christmas, anyway
I think you are right. Let's see hoping to get a buyer on my 180cfx soon. Will be able to use the funds for the 360x... Been keen on one right from the beginning.

Jake

P. S Donations are welcome!
Nov 11, 2018, 08:33 AM
Hi Jake, just post your bank details and password....

Quick Reply