Oct 04, 2018, 10:24 AM
Ldm, Did you get your model? If so, who did you order it from?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2018, 01:59 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Hobby Gulf , great servace all the way from Dubai, no damage , and great tracking.
I waiting 90 days from day of order because it was new and pre order
Oct 04, 2018, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your reply. That was smart thinking going with HG. Here, I was waiting for our US distributors to get it in. SkyShark says they are "no longer importing any additional Seagull models". Sig said they could have Seagull throw it on their next container, but the price is actually $40 more than it would be to have HG ship it to the US.
It's a cool looking plane. I have seen the Maxford one fly and like it. Maybe I should look at theirs more. They always seem to have a Black Friday sale too.
Nov 18, 2018, 01:47 PM
LDM, not sure if you have flown your N28 or not.. I have been flying an 1/4 scale N28 and Camel, and N11 electric for awhile But here is how I have been installing batteries in my 1/4 scale to get the weight up front. I have added a bungie besides the pins and magnets.. It just needed a little more hold down force. I got tired of loosing my Cowl in cornfields !

Balsa USA Camel battery install flying close call (2 min 53 sec)

Proctor Nieuport 28 july 23 2018 (7 min 28 sec)
Jan 22, 2019, 05:41 AM
The pin-vice has run off again
How did you get the motor hidden in the cowl of the n11 - on side views the prop nearly seems to come out the bottom. Noted that on smaller models the non central geared motors were used so that worked OK, but wondered how easy it was to fit a standard outrunner.
Jan 24, 2019, 07:04 PM
Fairweather flier I think you were asking me about under the N11 hood. This video shows it under the cowl. The motor is not as big as you might think. Also of note I had at first used two 6 cell 5000 batteries.. Which gave me two flights..but I eventually mounted the batteries further forward over the motor, and went to a pair of 6 cell 3300's or an almost equal sized packs of 3600's.
Also I have messed with both the Stab angle, and the top wing angle.. but for some reason I have much more down thrust in this plane than expected. of all my 1/4 WW1 planes this is the only one that has given me this issue. I must have a flying surface that needs moved a bit more.. I don't have any power down tail heavy issues. But the higher downthrust just seems to work for me.

N11 movie final (6 min 2 sec)
Jan 25, 2019, 10:01 AM
That all fits in there rather well. Lovely model. I like the transportation adaptation.
You might like to see this on wiki if you haven't already about the pilot of the ww1 machine modelled -
sounds quite inspirational - and not held back by being a foot amputee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tarascon
Jan 25, 2019, 01:52 PM
Hi, went to revisit your little flight video and got the message shown in the pic.
anyway my previous post should have referred to esc n62 as it may not have been that specific plane as I think his plane had the name written on too.
Mar 12, 2019, 01:22 PM
The Seagull Nieuport 28 can now be preordered in the US by VQ Warbirds:
https://vqwarbirds.com/product/seagu...eplica-sea303/
Yay! Looks awesome.

Quick Reply