Aug 17, 2019, 10:15 AM
Hello Andy,
if you update your piCAMTracker to the lastest github version you don't have to change anything.

The piCAMTracker will send UPD messages as broadcasts. You only have to power on the piCAMTracker in the right sequence.
See my short explanation here.

regards
Gerhard
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2019, 07:41 AM
Hi all

Wondering if anyone else has had success with Pierre's wifi system?

I'm connecting it all up but I just cant get a buzzer activation. I know its wired right cause if I swap the lead for the buzzer to a 3.3v pin it activates, it just wont activate using GPIO 17.

Apart from checking the Wifi connection to make sure the bases are linked to the hotspot, there is no other way to tell if a signal is getting through over wifi.

It would be nice to have some sort of display on the base to show a signal has been sent over wifi and a display on the centre base/wifi hotspot to say if it has received a signal from a base over wifi.

Anyone got any ideas?

Brett
Aug 29, 2019, 07:02 AM
All sorted. I made an assumption that lead to a rookie mistake.

When Barney said he had imported the changes I thought the downloaded image would include the updates, didn't think it would still need to be updated.

It all seems to be working now and I even tried the app and that seems to work too. Only done indoor testing though, need to get to a slope for proper testing.
Aug 29, 2019, 06:23 PM
slats move, slots don't
We finally got our simple system out for a test yesterday (F3F-Timer app).

We use a pocket router to connect the two base stations with a phone running the app.

The piCAMTrackers need a little setting tweaking for the cameras, but so far so good.

Name: DB picCAm 1.jpeg
Views: 46
Size: 36.5 KB
Description:
Aug 30, 2019, 03:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy852
We finally got our simple system out for a test yesterday (F3F-Timer app).

We use a pocket router to connect the two base stations with a phone running the app.

The piCAMTrackers need a little setting tweaking for the cameras, but so far so good.

Attachment 12490625
noice!
Sep 11, 2019, 05:56 AM

PiCam

Hi guys, Andy and I gave his PiCam setup itís first real workout under race conditions today. And Iím happy to say it went really well, especially in the afternoon with the Sun behind us. Still some tweaking of the settings to do to try to reduce the occasional missed detection, and optimise the positioning and camera angle, but overall great progress!
It still blows my mind that itís possible to get the technology working at home for so little money! Thanks very much to the guys who have put in the hours to develop it!
Sep 18, 2019, 04:47 AM

Safe shut down....

Hi guys.

Do you know whether I can use GPIO21 for a safe shut down using a push down switch/button (as attached) of the Raspberry Pi? Is this implemented in Barney's distribution or do I need to add a script?

Would anyone be able to share such a script?

Thanks a lot!
Georg
Sep 18, 2019, 02:37 PM
Hello Georg,
connect GPIO4 (pin 7) with a simple switch (as you mentioned it above) with GND (pin 9) for 1-2s and the shut down will be done.

regards
Gerhard

BTW: I updated the App (see github)
Last edited by gerhardf; Sep 18, 2019 at 03:06 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhardf
Hello Georg,
connect GPIO4 (pin 7) with a simple switch (as you mentioned it above) with GND (pin 9) for 1-2s and the shut down will be done.

regards
Gerhard

BTW: I updated the App (see github)

Danke - thank you!!

I'm about to finish the centre box....
Sep 25, 2019, 08:51 AM
Does anybody know how to change the turn signal to a different gpio pin, I managed to fry pin 17 (luckily everything else seems to be okay)?
Sep 25, 2019, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffertrain
Does anybody know how to change the turn signal to a different gpio pin, I managed to fry pin 17 (luckily everything else seems to be okay)?
Hi,

just change the "greenLEDPort": <your_desired_gpio_pin_number> entry in the config.json file.

Cheers

Barney

PS: you need to be able to log into the Raspberry and open an editor.
Sep 25, 2019, 11:54 AM
Thanks very much Barney. I wasn’t sure which file it would be on.

Cheers
Sep 25, 2019, 02:36 PM
Just changed it on the config.json file and it works perfectly.
Once again a huge thank you Barney!!!
Oct 02, 2019, 02:57 PM
I am going to try and get involved and see if I can run it on Pi 4. I believe CV is working now on Pi 4. I also have started to review the code and honestly it's a little over my head but I can clearly see what's going on. Barney, you still have some Todo/Bugs posted in GitHub, to make the tracking more reliable is it in the detectCrossing method or in the MotionAnalyser class. Based on the video you showed on youtube the objects are identified through MotionAnalyser but not detecting a crossing correctly. Is this correct?

I want to get involved since it will both advance my understanding of python and rasberry Pi development
Oct 05, 2019, 07:12 AM
I had a chance to try piCAMTracker for F3B speed today. Using a Standard V2 camera and sited at Base B. The testing was very short as it was between rounds in a contest, but the results were promising. In the first flight it picked up all turns at Base B correctly. The second flight it was not so good.

So has anyone worked out good picam settings for F3B? What sort of results have you had?

Simon

Quick Reply