Sep 17, 2019, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
If you mean that it has a springs on either end of the battery holder , that is normal.
(Or at least it is the same as mine)
No, positive and negative are backwards if you look closer. Look on the door and in the compartment. I can tell by looking inside how the correct polarity went but I can see someone new not noticing this (as you didn't notice either)and putting in the batteries the wrong way. Maybe it has a mosfet to prevent damage but still.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 08:27 AM
Happy FPV flyer
The - close to the spring is the negative of the left cell, the + in the middle left is the + of the left cell, etc... it shows you where all 4 ends should be, can't be more comprehensive...
Sep 17, 2019, 08:31 AM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
The - close to the spring is the negative of the left cell, the + in the middle left is the + of the left cell, etc... it shows you where all 4 ends should be, can't be more comprehensive...
I knew that the moment I looked at the layout in person. Apparently it isn't comprehensive enough. Come on kilrah even "simple" opentx stuff like holding down the power button escapes people despite it being "comprehensive" in that it is documented in many places. But in this day and age the user is "never at fault" lol.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:01 AM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
I'm taking AnimalMother's side on this one. Putting half of the polarity markings in the battery bay and the other half on the door is asking for trouble. They should put them on one surface or the other, or both, but not split them in half like that.

It's not unusual for something to seem obvious when it tells you what you already knew.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
[Look on the door and in the compartment. I can tell by looking inside how the correct polarity went but I can see someone new not noticing this (as you didn't notice either)and putting in the batteries the wrong way. Maybe it has a mosfet to prevent damage but still.
I did not have any confusion about the battery holder or door marking, but the sharp edges of the holder are a problem and I covered the solution in my review here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2074 Second paragraph from the bottom with an image at the bottom of the page.

Also a tip on battery removal here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2242

Mike
Sep 17, 2019, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
I knew that the moment I looked at the layout in person. Apparently it isn't comprehensive enough. Come on kilrah even "simple" opentx stuff like holding down the power button escapes people despite it being "comprehensive" in that it is documented in many places. But in this day and age the user is "never at fault" lol.
I have no issues knowing where the negative and positive are as you can tell very easily. No need to rub this in my face. I just found it strange it actually needs twice the label so i thought it might of been inserted backwards or could confuse new people. I didn't read anywhere anyone having problems with the power buttons though although mine, for some reason, has to be pushed unevenly to turn on and very firmly.

Regarding your "user is never at fault comment" I want to share something here about that comment unrelated to the topic because i had two issues with reputable people on here. Something that happened to me farily recently.

I sold this user my first X-Lite in sometime April/May this year. It was new and in new condition. He had heard/read/watched that the xlite could be powered on a single 18650 with a simple mod and took apart the xlite and attempted the mod from some instructions somewhere. It was bizarre but little did I know, not my last time dealing with this. The gentleman then got very offended and spewed out how he was a multiGP pilot with credentials experience etc. I apologized to him for offending him by asking if he knew what he was doing in the most polite way that I could. I told him what was he was doing was ridiculous. I kept the emails, texts, and even pictures... everything...

He opened a paypal claim against me while admitting in text that he confused my xlite with the nirvana so he took it apart to dome some mod he explored online. He literally bricked the xlite and complained about everything else to me after.

"It wont turn on" (You bricked it)
"The gimbal was shot" (did not want to tighten gimbals, easy on xlite)
"The battery wont fit the 18650 caps" (he was using button tops)
"The TX is bricked" After he tried to wire it for a single 18650.

The claim was literally dropped few days later as he knew he wouldn't win.

Here is what gets me.

This user is still on the forums today. This user has been in the hobby since 2014. And this user is a heavy poster and frequently sells on the classifieds forum and seems to be fairly respectable and reputable this forum. The user a week ago PMed for a quad I am selling. I said No Thank You.

Earlier in the year, I sold Diatone R349(very fun quad btw)! The user was having constant VTX issues. I thought it was due to the fact he was flying far and the VTX was locked at 25mw(TBS version). I told him how to unlock the VTX. His issues persist and he sends me a video that is AWFUL. I get a picture of the quad in excellent condition that looks perfect accept he had swapped the UFL connector to a UFL to MMCX or SMA i cannot remember. I asked him when he did that and he replied when he received it. That is when I informed his the quad cannot be powered on without a VTX... he admitted to frying and flying after and thought I would be kind of enough to send him a new one... after he threatened a paypal claim and I presented him with my evidence.

Sorry for the TLDR. If I made these mistakes i would own up, I do not want to be considered someone like.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:45 AM
I kill batteries!
My comment was not directed at any individual. In fact, my comment was a "broad sweep observation" because regardless who anyone is, history has shown us that people today will blame everyone and anything but themselves for the fault. I personally will own up to my mistakes. But the majority of people today, and not any particular individual, would rather quickly dismiss blame elsewhere than themselves.

As for the battery markings, me personally (I only try to speak from my pov) I looked at the markings on the bay where the cells go and that was it for me. I will be honest, until today I never noticed markings on the bay door because frankly there was no need for me to look there.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:48 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
I never really noticed them either, but somehow I have always managed to put them in the right way
Sep 18, 2019, 03:16 PM
In 2.2.4 there was a file called SxR_Calibrate.lua for calibrating the accelerometers in the stability receivers (Six-Way-Flip)
Now in 2.3.0 that file has disappeared but is replaced with another, with the exact same name, but containing the SxR settings configuration,
Although that is self explanatory, there is now no way to perform the six way flip.

I am more confused than normal!

Clive
Sep 18, 2019, 05:17 PM
Happy FPV flyer
SXR Calibrate\SxR_Calibrate.lua in sdcard-taranis-x7-2.3V0021.zip is the calibration script as expected.
Last edited by Kilrah; Sep 19, 2019 at 02:30 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:32 PM
Kilrah
The current SD card contents for RC4 is
Index of /2.3/rc/sdcard/opentx-x7/
sdcard-128x64-2.3V0021.zip 11-Sep-2019 14:21 118806083
and only has
FrSky Sxy.lua in the SCRIPTS\TOOLS folder.

but has Folders SxR and SxR Calibrate that have luas in SD root.

Now I'm confused too.

It was after a sync. run, My fault
Last edited by Dean Church; Sep 19, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
Sep 19, 2019, 12:21 AM
This is not the case. I just checked the sd pack and there is :

SxR Calibrate folder with at root of SD : this should be used one time only , and is not plane specific. Thats the basic gyro accelerator calibration

Then in tools, you have the regular SxR utilities that allow you to setup and adjust gains and offset to your planefor your gyro. Access to tools does not require you to navigate the SD, and are directly available from tools menu (next page to SD browser)

There is no "SxR" folder in that sd card pack
Sep 19, 2019, 09:06 AM
OK, I recall I did a sync to bring over my sounds and scripts and I did it at the root level.
I apologize, my bad.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:36 PM
Hey guys, where do I need to go to get RC1? Haven't followed along much lately and definitely haven't updated to any recent nightly since N32 or so.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:40 PM
Here you can choose from RC 01 to RC 04 (so far):
http://www.open-tx.org/

Quick Reply