Thread Tools
May 16, 2019, 11:00 PM
masterless samurai
the.ronin's Avatar
Oh word.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 12:10 AM
Registered User
3djc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
For other branded receivers, there is a verification process for the 3rd-party external module manufactures to make the multi-protocol module to work with FrSky radios:https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...lease/#lastfaq And now we have already got some contacts from some manufacturers and the discussion is underway.
Andrea

Could you clarify what it means for all the DIY projects, head trackers, antenna trackers, wirelss trainer, DIY modules,.. that use the external bay ?

3djc
May 17, 2019, 01:43 AM
Registered User
Hello Andrea, can you please summarize how the Frsky receiver will be addressed with X-Lite PRO? My own understanding about what you wrote is the following:
- ACCESS capable receivers will use internal RF part of course in ACCESS mode
- original X serie receivers that will not have ACCESS RF update (X4R, X8R ?) will use internal RF part in D16 mode.
- legacy D series (VD5M, D4R, D6R, D8R) will use the upcoming MPM-Lite to get D8 mode
- original V mode is no longer supported or through MPM-Lite perhaps?
Am I right?

If so, I will jump in. Please consider that the external RF module can keep an external antenna free look. Just to keep one of the advantage of X-Lite: it is compact and should stay ...
Of course, if the RF firmware developer is able to put, by mistake, a hidden menu controlled way to set D8 mode inside the internal RF module nobody will complain :-).
May 17, 2019, 01:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Hello sir,

Could you please let me know what receivers are you using?

You actually do not need a multi-protocol module if you have the FrSky original receivers at hand. The new ACCESS radios will support binding D16 mode receivers with its internal module (ETA in May), and upcoming XJT Lite external module will support binding D8 mode receivers (ETA in June ).

For other branded receivers, there is a verification process for the 3rd-party external module manufactures to make the multi-protocol module to work with FrSky radios:https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...lease/#lastfaq And now we have already got some contacts from some manufacturers and the discussion is underway.
Hi Andrea,

I'm using the r-xsr receiver on all my big quads but I have many AIO boards with integrated receiver like Betafpv and Crazybee AIO FCs so I need ACCST D8 protocol for these integrated receivers.

WOW! That's a great announcement! If the new ACCESS internal module works with ACCST D16 is great! Still not perfect for the people flying Tiny Whoop style quads with the Crazybee AIO FC that needs D8 but better than nothing.

Thank you very much for the information.
May 17, 2019, 01:53 AM
masterless samurai
the.ronin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
Hi Andrea,

I'm using the r-xsr receiver on all my big quads but I have many AIO boards with integrated receiver like Betafpv and Crazybee AIO FCs so I need ACCST D8 protocol for these integrated receivers.

WOW! That's a great announcement! If the new ACCESS internal module works with ACCST D16 is great! Still not perfect for the people flying Tiny Whoop style quads with the Crazybee AIO FC that needs D8 but better than nothing.

Thank you very much for the information.
I was thinking about this as well.

However dont some use D16 like these?

BetaFPV F4 brushed FC: https://betafpv.com/collections/flig...r-frsky-rx-osd

Crazybee F4 Pro V2 FC: https://www.airbladeuav.com/products...-v2-0-fc-1s-3s
May 17, 2019, 02:01 AM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
Andrea

Could you clarify what it means for all the DIY projects, head trackers, antenna trackers, wirelss trainer, DIY modules,.. that use the external bay ?

3djc
Hi 3djc,

If the developer meets the requirements we listed, yes. Otherwise no.
May 17, 2019, 02:16 AM
Registered User
3djc's Avatar
So as an exemple, if I want to use a small cppm receiver in extension bay to make a wireless trainer for example, I'll need to get approval from FrSky and go thought a certification process ? Do I understand well ????

3djc
May 17, 2019, 02:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
I was thinking about this as well.

However dont some use D16 like these?

BetaFPV F4 brushed FC: https://betafpv.com/collections/flig...r-frsky-rx-osd

Crazybee F4 Pro V2 FC: https://www.airbladeuav.com/products...-v2-0-fc-1s-3s
The Crazybee targets are locking up In the middle of the flight with telemetry enabled and D16 mode so everybody is using D8 to avoid this problem but I heard that D16 is working fine without telemetry so I'll test it when the new firmware of my x-lite Pro be compatible with ACCST D16.
May 17, 2019, 03:08 AM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
So as an exemple, if I want to use a small cppm receiver in extension bay to make a wireless trainer for example, I'll need to get approval from FrSky and go thought a certification process ? Do I understand well ????

3djc
3djc

The Q&A states clearly, https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...lease/#lastfaq

Yes means we can offer the necessary technical documents and support,

No means any consequence should be taken by the people who made it, FrSky can do nothing about it.
May 17, 2019, 03:36 AM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEternalNewbi
Hello Andrea, can you please summarize how the Frsky receiver will be addressed with X-Lite PRO? My own understanding about what you wrote is the following:
- ACCESS capable receivers will use internal RF part of course in ACCESS mode
- original X serie receivers that will not have ACCESS RF update (X4R, X8R ?) will use internal RF part in D16 mode.
- legacy D series (VD5M, D4R, D6R, D8R) will use the upcoming MPM-Lite to get D8 mode
- original V mode is no longer supported or through MPM-Lite perhaps?
Am I right?

If so, I will jump in. Please consider that the external RF module can keep an external antenna free look. Just to keep one of the advantage of X-Lite: it is compact and should stay ...
Of course, if the RF firmware developer is able to put, by mistake, a hidden menu controlled way to set D8 mode inside the internal RF module nobody will complain :-).
Hello sir,

You're basically right. Not only VD5M receiver, but D8 mode also supports the V receivers like V8R7-II, V8FR-II, V8R4-II.

By the way, we're striving to enable the L12 mode receiver work with the internal RF module. Otherwise, the upcoming XJT Lite module will support it.

Compatibility List:https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...e/#compatilist

Name: Compatibility List.PNG
Views: 20
Size: 23.3 KB
Description:
Last edited by AndreaHuang; May 17, 2019 at 03:58 AM.
May 17, 2019, 04:47 AM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Andrea, excellent news.

Just curious. What does ISRM-N/S/P actually stand for?

John
May 17, 2019, 05:23 AM
Registered User
Dear Andrea, thank you for the confirmation. Now Frsky seems back in the right track. I will continue investing in Frsky as soon as MPM lite will appear.
May 17, 2019, 06:34 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Jet_Flyer's Avatar
Thread OP
I'll updating the X-Lite Pro ACCESS programming document with how to use D16 with the Pro when OKed by FrSky https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1670

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; May 17, 2019 at 06:41 AM.
May 17, 2019, 07:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Hello sir,

You're basically right. Not only VD5M receiver, but D8 mode also supports the V receivers like V8R7-II, V8FR-II, V8R4-II.

By the way, we're striving to enable the L12 mode receiver work with the internal RF module. Otherwise, the upcoming XJT Lite module will support it.

Compatibility List:https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...e/#compatilist

Attachment 12077527
Thank you Andrea,

I'm glad that Frsky is listening us. Great news and nice decision!
May 17, 2019, 07:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEternalNewbi
Hello Andrea, can you please summarize how the Frsky receiver will be addressed with X-Lite PRO? My own understanding about what you wrote is the following:
- ACCESS capable receivers will use internal RF part of course in ACCESS mode
- original X serie receivers that will not have ACCESS RF update (X4R, X8R ?) will use internal RF part in D16 mode.
- legacy D series (VD5M, D4R, D6R, D8R) will use the upcoming MPM-Lite to get D8 mode
- original V mode is no longer supported or through MPM-Lite perhaps?
Am I right?

If so, I will jump in. Please consider that the external RF module can keep an external antenna free look. Just to keep one of the advantage of X-Lite: it is compact and should stay ...
Of course, if the RF firmware developer is able to put, by mistake, a hidden menu controlled way to set D8 mode inside the internal RF module nobody will complain :-).
fyi i have an external mpm module for the orignal xlite that i use without an external antenna, 4 screws, open it and plug an rxsr antenna on instead of the rpsma adapter, coil it up inside, works fine for short range. keeps it compact


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Frsky X-Lite and other Taranis (X9 Lite, X-Lite S, X-Lite Pro) Frimen Radios 4520 Today 09:17 AM
Discussion FRSky R9M Lite - Long range mini module for Taranis X-Lite sevet Radios 40 Today 02:21 AM
Discussion FrSky Taranis, Taranis Plus, Taranis E - OpenTX 2.1.X Jet_Flyer Radios 7281 Jun 11, 2019 02:34 AM
New Product FrSky New Arrival - Taranis X-Lite Compact Transmitter Release! AndreaHuang FrSky 12 Sep 19, 2018 09:30 PM
Discussion FrSky Taranis X-LITE 2.4GHz ACCST 16CH RC Transmitter scousethief Banggood.com 0 Jan 26, 2018 06:42 AM