Jan 18, 2019, 12:49 PM
https://hmvc.eu/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Look it up? R-XSR has upgraded RF, telemetry, SBUS in,... for the same price and an even smaller size.
Ah...
Never owned one, but do have the original XSR. I thought it was somewhat bigger and his application typically has less need for SBUS in our telemetry.

If it's indeed just as small and the same price it's a better choice.
Wrongly assumed the XM+ belongs to the newest generation.

I recently bought an XM+ as a backup receiver. I wouldn't have any advantage with an RXSR there, but I still would have preferred to have bought that one instead of the XM+
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2019, 12:58 PM
If you don't use LUA scripts, and like your RSSI in your goggles...you'd be happy with XM+ I'd be willing to bet. Saying it's obsolete might be a little stretch. If F OSD didn't come along with smart audio and all that, then I'd say the XM+ was obsolete because telemetry would be a must.

Watching out for sales and you can find XM+ for $9 or $10 and I haven't seen the R-XSR that cheap before. Might as well go for the R-XSR, but if money is tight the XM+ would be an OK choice too.
Jan 18, 2019, 01:03 PM
https://hmvc.eu/
I indeed paid $ 13,- for mine.
Jan 18, 2019, 01:41 PM
Best place to buy an x-lite, MPM and R9M combo? Can't seem to find a place that has them all in stock, not ridiculously priced or show a delivery a month away even though claiming to be in stock.
Jan 18, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Best place to buy an x-lite, MPM and R9M combo? Can't seem to find a place that has them all in stock, not ridiculously priced or show a delivery a month away even though claiming to be in stock.

https://alofthobbies.com/taranis-xlite.html
Jan 18, 2019, 02:12 PM
They don't have everything in stock. Actually just found everything in stock here; www.racedayquads.com
X-Lite with R9M, MPM, an XM+, R-XSR and threw in a TinyHawk and some batts.
Last edited by techspy; Jan 18, 2019 at 02:21 PM.
Jan 18, 2019, 02:23 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Thread OP
Aloft Hobbies cannot sell the MPM because they are not certified by the FCC to be used in the US.

Mike
Jan 18, 2019, 02:24 PM
Ahhh, good to know. Glad I will be using mine only in Mexico!
Jan 18, 2019, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
They don't have everything in stock. Actually just found everything in stock here; www.racedayquads.com
X-Lite with R9M, MPM, an XM+, R-XSR and threw in a TinyHawk and some batts.
Raceday is very good too but other than the MPM, ALoft will usually have the best supply of FrSky stuff in the states. They will not carry the MPM because they play by the FCC rules.
Jan 18, 2019, 02:54 PM
Oh yeah, I love Aloft. Good stuff at good prices and ship quick. They are in my top 3 places to check before Amazon etc. Probably half of all my receivers (FRSky Futaba compatible) are from them. I just prefer one order with all I am looking for as opposed to multiple orders.
Jan 19, 2019, 10:10 PM
Does anyone have the 18650 caps on their x-lite? I'm wondering how much extra they extend and if it makes the radio look weird.

Also not sure if they're worth the $20 or whatever stores are charging for them and 18500 cells are good enough.
Jan 20, 2019, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbagel423
Does anyone have the 18650 caps on their x-lite? I'm wondering how much extra they extend and if it makes the radio look weird.

Also not sure if they're worth the $20 or whatever stores are charging for them and 18500 cells are good enough.
I held my friends and it actually feels better in my hands with longer caps. The color was off, and didn't match...but looks are the last thing I care about in RC equipment.
Jan 20, 2019, 01:34 PM
How is the battery life with 18500s?
Jan 20, 2019, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbagel423
How is the battery life with 18500s?
it is fine. with those, flying very occasionally in the house the small tinyhawk i would need to recharge controller every 3-4 days. which is fine.
with a set of pink 3500mah 18650 batteries it goes now to the end of the second week on same charge, so, it lasts significantly longer.

but, they are indeed noticably heavier and change initial ideal weight and grip of the controller. still, i probably going to keep it like that, as, it lasts longer.
but is it really needed - nope. 18500 batteries are just fine.

so, where those 18650 would be needed for sure, is if you decide to use long range R9 unit. that will demand extra juice.
Jan 20, 2019, 05:32 PM
Good info, thanks!

Quick Reply