Aug 14, 2018, 01:59 AM
https://hmvc.eu/
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
Beware, they are smaller than on the taranis.
I obviously know, but I probably should have been more explicit.
Quote:
Also, perhaps you don't need to solder. You can take of the metal clip holding the switch together and switch the internals only.
All is possible, of course.
If soldering is holding you back, I wouldn't try that.

If it's indeed not that difficult (which I doubt), it may even be possible to modify it so it doesn't latch.

Anyone measured the bus size?
In the Taranis it's 0.35"
I used the comparison feature and took the smallest bus size (0.177") and only this one came out of that filter:

https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...2eVzSWiA%3d%3d

I just don't know if it's the right size.
It's for sure smaller

This one is 0.28", but I think it's too big:
https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...RmXDYw2Wzp4%3d
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; Aug 14, 2018 at 02:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2018, 02:30 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
I obviously know, but I probably should have been more explicit.

All is possible, of course.
If soldering is holding you back, I wouldn't try that.

If it's indeed not that difficult (which I doubt), it may even be possible to modify it so it doesn't latch.

Anyone measured the bus size?
In the Taranis it's 0.35"
I used the comparison feature and took the smallest bus size (0.177") and only this one came out of that filter:

https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...2eVzSWiA%3d%3d

I just don't know if it's the right size.
It's for sure smaller

This one is 0.28", but I think it's too big:
https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...RmXDYw2Wzp4%3d
It doesn't matter if you know that they are smaller. The reader might get put on the wrong leg by your reference to using it on a taranis. 😁😁😁

Changing a switch 'bowel' by unclipping it is much easier than soldering.

You just need to check if it works. If not, just return things as they where, and start soldering.

I do this all the time to replace broken levers, or switch between short and long levers.

I have decided to interchange the three and two switch positions on the left side ( on a pcb replacement board with the momentary for the left hand side.) I've also interchanged the levers, so short on the three-pos and long on the momentary.

I will link my dlg launch button, fitted on the left back side, to the two pos switch on the right side.

In this way I have all inflight switches on my left hand. Flightmodes on left three pos, height and remaining time and vario on left momentary, and launch on left button (linked to the twopos on the right).

Since I fly mode 2, that allows me to do all switch flipping with the not-mayor control hand!

😎😎😎
Aug 14, 2018, 02:48 AM
Quote:
It doesn't matter if you know that they are smaller. The reader might get put on the wrong leg by your reference to using it on a taranis. ������
Indeed... That is why I said that I should be more explicit.

Quote:
Changing a switch 'bowel' by unclipping it is much easier than soldering.

You just need to check if it works. If not, just return things as they where, and start soldering.

I do this all the time to replace broken levers, or switch between short and long levers.
Now you were unclear.
Nothing in your text made me think you actually did this before.
I now have a spare 3-position switch and I will take a look inside next weekend.

But I would trust my soldering more than a switch that's been opened.
I can of course better judge this after I actually did this.

I am very curious why the momentary toggle switch (when lengthened) is a problem with launching for you....
Aug 14, 2018, 03:01 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Indeed... That is why I said that I should be more explicit.

Now you were unclear.
Nothing in your text made me think you actually did this before.
I now have a spare 3-position switch and I will take a look inside next weekend.

But I would trust my soldering more than a switch that's been opened.
I can of course better judge this after I actually did this.

I am very curious why the momentary toggle switch (when lengthened) is a problem with launching for you....
Really??

I've made clear that I need to change my grips to access the top switches. So they won't work for me.

Bernz reported the same. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...php?p=40037397 ???

Why does it bother you so much if it works fine for you with those standard switches, that it won't work for me? Any special reason? Perhaps you just want to help and provide a solution that does t involve drilling holes and soldering. If that's the case, sorry, thanks. The switches are wrongly placed.

Opening a switch is really easy, certainly these small ones. The clip is made to be opened. Just put a small screwdriver under it on both sides where it is clipped.
The 'try it' is there because if the replacement switches are not exactly the same brand or layout, it might not work.

Certainly a lot easier than opening an XLite.
Last edited by l shems; Aug 14, 2018 at 03:20 AM.
Aug 14, 2018, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Why does it bother you so much if it works fine for you with those standard switches, that it won't work for me?
Everything that I don't understand bothers me
I'm not a good launcher and maybe it's something I'm not doing good that stops me from having that problem.
I have long fingers, though. Never met anyone that have them as long as I have.
Once I met someone with the same finger length, but his hand was much bigger as well and fingers were thicker.

Quote:
Perhaps you just want to help and provide a solution that does t involve drilling holes and soldering. If that's the case, sorry, thanks. The switches are wrongly placed.
Indeed. I always like to share my knowledge and I like it if it helps other people.

Quote:
Opening a switch is really easy, certainly these small ones. The clip is made to be opened. Just put a small screwdriver under it on both sides where it is clipped.
The 'try it' is there because if the replacement switches are not exactly the same brand or layout, it might not work.
I will do it for sure.
I never even tried because I thought it would be hard to get it back together properly.

Quote:
Certainly a lot easier than opening an XLite.
Oooooh, already did that
Aug 14, 2018, 04:36 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Everything that I don't understand bothers me
I'm not a good launcher and maybe it's something I'm not doing good that stops me from having that problem.
I have long fingers, though. Never met anyone that have them as long as I have.
Once I met someone with the same finger length, but his hand was much bigger as well and fingers were thicker.

Indeed. I always like to share my knowledge and I like it if it helps other people.

I will do it for sure.
I never even tried because I thought it would be hard to get it back together properly.

Oooooh, already did that
By the way, thanks for posting your stuff on the repository.

I want to add the download counter to the front-page, but need to figure out how to do that.

It is used however by more and more people.

Nice!
Aug 14, 2018, 03:32 PM
Thanks I do not mind soldering. I may try and open that switch though to see if it can be changed to momentary. That I have never done before so it does scare me a bit
Aug 14, 2018, 05:28 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
If I remember correctly you can change a twopos to a momentary by changing the interior.

You can't change a twopos with three-pos interior. Levers you can change betw3n all switches.
Aug 14, 2018, 06:02 PM
Quote:
If I remember correctly you can change a twopos to a momentary by changing the interior.
There is no spring inside a two position.
Aug 14, 2018, 10:50 PM
Joe 6-pack
I just read the first 20 pages and so far calibrated the sticks, set Mode 2 and have sound going. This is my first FrSky radio and I will be using it to control my Inductrix that has a BetaFPV F3 board that I got from Tiny Whoop. There is probably a gazillion examples for other FrSky radios that show radio setup for the Blade Inductrix with FrSky receivers. I have seen the example from Micro Motor Warehouse for a Taranis but I don't know how or if it might differ with this model. I want to keep it simple at first. I am waiting for an AIO camera so now it is prep time. I can continue to read some more since that is how I have come this far.
Aug 14, 2018, 10:59 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
There is no spring inside a two position.
Which spring?

There is a spring inside the lever on all switches, pushing down the 'position' stick that pushes down the metal contact on the proper terminals . It is this spring which makes your switch 'click' into position.

On a momentary the metal contact is bent upwards on one side, so that this stick is not stable in that side, and thus flips back.

The interior of a momentary can be exchanged with that of a normal twopos, as far as I can remember.
Aug 15, 2018, 12:18 AM
I swapped the top section of the FRSKY short levered momentary with the top section from a longer levered two position switch that I found in my parts bin when I received the momentary and PCB as a spare part few weeks ago. I was thinking of the spring steel ramp inside as a spring, which it's not, so sorry about that. I can confirm that the main parts are interchangeable if that helps someone.

There seem to be three styles of the interior contact strip - for the two position, the three position and the momentary, and any of the three switches can be converted to any other just by using the appropriate contact strip. It's a clever bit of engineering I thought.
Last edited by mpjf01; Aug 15, 2018 at 12:26 AM.
Aug 15, 2018, 03:40 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
I swapped the top section of the FRSKY short levered momentary with the top section from a longer levered two position switch that I found in my parts bin when I received the momentary and PCB as a spare part few weeks ago. I was thinking of the spring steel ramp inside as a spring, which it's not, so sorry about that. I can confirm that the main parts are interchangeable if that helps someone.

There seem to be three styles of the interior contact strip - for the two position, the three position and the momentary, and any of the three switches can be converted to any other just by using the appropriate contact strip. It's a clever bit of engineering I thought.
I noticed the two pos had a different 'seating' as the three pos, so I actually moved the switches around completely.
But a two pos momentary can be switched with normal twopos, and three-pos on-off-on with on-off-(on) for instance.
Aug 15, 2018, 01:10 PM
Control... Control... CRASH!
Hi all, Thinking of getting an x-lite to use when traveling. The problem for me is A) I have several "regular" modules I would like to use and B) I fly wings as much as I fly quads. Has anyone adapted regular modules to use with an x-lite? Maybe a 3d printed adapter? It seems like it would be easy enough but that is why I'm asking. As far as wing flying, again it seems that a simple flying wing set up should be no problem. Again, asking to see if any problems exist that I haven't thought about. Thanks!
Aug 15, 2018, 02:26 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseng
Hi all, Thinking of getting an x-lite to use when traveling. The problem for me is A) I have several "regular" modules I would like to use and B) I fly wings as much as I fly quads. Has anyone adapted regular modules to use with an x-lite? Maybe a 3d printed adapter? It seems like it would be easy enough but that is why I'm asking. As far as wing flying, again it seems that a simple flying wing set up should be no problem. Again, asking to see if any problems exist that I haven't thought about. Thanks!
Flying fixed wings is no problem at all.

8 channels on one receiver with normal servos, 4 switches, 2 sliders.

What would you want more?

Quick Reply