May 19, 2019, 03:06 PM
Multirotorparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
The MPM Lite has been on the market for over a year. It's a proper MPM and is not from FrSky. No FrSky 2.4GHz product would ever do 150mW as that's grossly illegal in all jurisdictions.
Vantac = FrSky

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 03:38 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
the latter is an R9 lite with the same capability as the regular R9M, (the R9 Lite doesn't do 1W or take external power)
Where is the info regarding this r9m lite pro? X9lite with hall gimbals and the r9m lite pro will replace my xlite and r9m lite in a heartbeat.
May 19, 2019, 04:15 PM
What is the difference between the Vantac MPM lite and the irangex irx4 lite? Assuming that both get supported by the x-lite Pro, what would be your preference?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
May 19, 2019, 05:36 PM
for what its worth i have the 1st xlite and the pro in hand. both gimbals feel good. the pro centers stronger, kinda more notchy in the middle, stiffer by default but fully adjustable tension if you open it up. switches seem better quality on the pro. the endcaps are much tighter. but to be honest, im trying to convince myself its worth the 200 bucks i just spent
May 19, 2019, 05:54 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
Where is the info regarding this r9m lite pro? X9lite with hall gimbals and the r9m lite pro will replace my xlite and r9m lite in a heartbeat.
Not much official info release, but Andrea Huang from FrSky has mentioned the R9 Lite Pro multiple times as an upcoming release.
May 19, 2019, 06:11 PM
masterless samurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzmick
for what its worth i have the 1st xlite and the pro in hand. both gimbals feel good. the pro centers stronger, kinda more notchy in the middle, stiffer by default but fully adjustable tension if you open it up. switches seem better quality on the pro. the endcaps are much tighter. but to be honest, im trying to convince myself its worth the 200 bucks i just spent
Without having had the chance to actually fly with it yet (waiting on my vantac mpm), I personally think the gimbals on the pro feel noticeably smoother than the original xlite. The switches even more so (and the black coloring is a nice touch). Just my opinion (and assuming I can actually fly with this thing at some point), it's a very good deal at 200 compared to the original xlite price.

Agreed on the endcaps - almost annoyingly too tight.

I hope that the soft touch does not peel like the original xlite.

I just do not get why they didn't bother to throw on a neck strap loop. What I don't get even more is that there is only 1 neck strap adapter for the xlite and it's some ghetto looking almost 3d printed one that only comes in white. Any other option is actually 3d printed tpu. Usually when there's demand for something like this (as evidenced by so many 3d print designs out there), the Chinese companies pop out of the woodwork cranking out stuff.
May 19, 2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
Without having had the chance to actually fly with it yet (waiting on my vantac mpm), I personally think the gimbals on the pro feel noticeably smoother than the original xlite. The switches even more so (and the black coloring is a nice touch). Just my opinion (and assuming I can actually fly with this thing at some point), it's a very good deal at 200 compared to the original xlite price.

Agreed on the endcaps - almost annoyingly too tight.

I hope that the soft touch does not peel like the original xlite.

I just do not get why they didn't bother to throw on a neck strap loop. What I don't get even more is that there is only 1 neck strap adapter for the xlite and it's some ghetto looking almost 3d printed one that only comes in white. Any other option is actually 3d printed tpu. Usually when there's demand for something like this (as evidenced by so many 3d print designs out there), the Chinese companies pop out of the woodwork cranking out stuff.
Bangood has a silicone sleeve that looks like it fits nice if you're worried about the pealing. it doesnt look like they did anything different with the finish, so you either have to baby it or cover it, or deal
i would agree the gimbals are smoother, the extra(adjustable) tension mine was set to makes it hard to compare.
May 20, 2019, 08:38 PM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno
Vantac = FrSky

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Yes, I also find this confusing. FrSKY sells the Vantac MPM module to dealers. One might speculate that the Vantac brand was created to do the things that FrSKY is not supposed to do,
When I received these modules and wanted to test I went through the whole process of trying to install bootloaders and flash and all the stuff that the MPM Project page talks about as being necessary. After going nowhere I just tried the module and it was all flashed and ready to go, all by 'Vantac'. And this module has FrSKY D8 and D16 on it, which I guess are the 'counterfeit versions' ? But there will be an XJT-Lite module, which I suppose will have the 'official' D8 and D16 protocols? And of course the MPM has everyone else protocols, who probably wish that wasn't the case.

I find these discussions of intellectual property, copyright and counterfeiting interesting coming from them. It hasn't been so long since the FrSKY-TBS battle where FrSKY was on the other side.
May 20, 2019, 08:51 PM
I've opened the Vantac MPM and the pcb has the Frsky logo so it's made by them. I don't understand why Frsky is telling that it's a third party product.
May 20, 2019, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
I've opened the Vantac MPM and the pcb has the Frsky logo so it's made by them. I don't understand why Frsky is telling that it's a third party product.
I think it has to do with legal reasons copying other protocols, they made a subsidiary for liability, at least i heard that somewhere, and this is the internet, so it must be true
May 20, 2019, 09:33 PM

r9m lite transmitter antenna question

can i use a receiver antenna for the transmitter? the plug on the inside is the same that goes to the rpsma adapter, i can make it fit with the case i was wondering if the range would be similar, its the t antenna that comes with the r9mm, so should be a matching antenna set, is it ok to put that on the transmitter or will i burn something up? i am trying to make it as stealth as possible.
May 20, 2019, 09:54 PM
masterless samurai
Quote:
I LOL'ed.
May 21, 2019, 06:47 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Thread OP
Delete
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; May 21, 2019 at 09:20 AM.
May 21, 2019, 08:37 AM
Quote:
That is probably because FrSky was contracted by Vantec MPM to make that for them. I have seen this same type of thing happen in all sorts of electronics.
May 21, 2019, 08:46 AM
Multirotorparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
Yes, I also find this confusing. FrSKY sells the Vantac MPM module to dealers.
Hi David, as I understand it Vantac is a sub-brand. At the time I thought it was intended for items that are not core business, like the microwhoops, wings and aluminum accessories that they are selling. I can hardly imagine that it was a legal thing. If you buy a FRSKY LBT XJT external module from the factory D8 mode is still on it .

Quick Reply