May 17, 2019, 08:59 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
OpenTX 2.3 nightlies for the X-Lite Pro are now available. That should enable use of an MPM

https://www.open-tx.org/2019/05/17/2.3-nightlies
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
OpenTX 2.3 nightlies for the X-Lite Pro are now available. That should enable use of an MPM

Nice! But I'm getting an error when I try to download the firmware for the X-lite Pro

"Firmware update check failed, New version information not found or invalid"

I can not wait to test it! Thank you mawz!
May 17, 2019, 09:33 AM
Happy FPV flyer
You need to set companion to download nightlies in the settings.
May 17, 2019, 09:57 AM
Where is there an xlite pro in stock? I am really wanting this radio. I love my qx 7 but the smaller form factor of the xlite is perfect for my needs.
May 17, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DronedOutRC
Where is there an xlite pro in stock? I am really wanting this radio. I love my qx 7 but the smaller form factor of the xlite is perfect for my needs.
https://alofthobbies.com/
May 17, 2019, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DronedOutRC
fyi 20 bucks 2 day shipping, might be free shipping from raceday quads in less than a week, but mine arrives tomorrow rotorgeeks said they should have it by the 20th
May 17, 2019, 10:14 AM
masterless samurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
opentx 2.3 nightlies for the x-lite pro are now available. That should enable use of an mpm

nice!!!!
May 17, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
You need to set companion to download nightlies in the settings.
Haha! Yes Kilrah, my mistake, sorry.

Thank you very very much to all the OpenTX team! I really appreciate your work!
May 17, 2019, 11:54 AM
I could bind to a Crazybee AIO FC with the multiprotocol module. Finally I can use my x-lite Pro!

Thank you very much again!
May 17, 2019, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzmick
fyi i have an external mpm module for the orignal xlite that i use without an external antenna, 4 screws, open it and plug an rxsr antenna on instead of the rpsma adapter, coil it up inside, works fine for short range. keeps it compact
Great idea! If the internal PCB connector is a already compatible with subminiature RF connector, such mod is perfect and easy to do. I have some D8 antennas (those in TBE plastic case) which may fit the internal connector. I have great hope now in creating a whole Frsky protocol family capable compact transmitter.
Thank you Kuzmick.
May 17, 2019, 12:30 PM
masterless samurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
I could bind to a Crazybee AIO FC with the multiprotocol module. Finally I can use my x-lite Pro!

Thank you very much again!
You were able to actually do it I'm assuming with the Vantac MPM? Can't wait to get mine just ordered one.

Just to be clear though this 2.3 build still wont be compatible with D16 protocol right? As far as compatibility is concerned, it allows MPM and that's the main thing right?
Last edited by the.ronin; May 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
May 17, 2019, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
You were able to actually do it I'm assuming with the Vantac MPM? Can't wait to get mine just ordered one.

Just to be clear though this 2.3 build still wont be compatible with D16 protocol right? As far as compatibility is concerned, it allows MPM and that's the main thing right?
Yeah! I'm using the Vantac MPM

I could bind the AIO using D16 and D8 with the MPM but still not using the internal module, a new firmware is needed.
May 17, 2019, 01:15 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
Yeah! I'm using the Vantac MPM

I could bind the AIO using D16 and D8 with the MPM but still not using the internal module, a new firmware is needed.
How long did you fly it?

Mike
May 17, 2019, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEternalNewbi
Great idea! If the internal PCB connector is a already compatible with subminiature RF connector, such mod is perfect and easy to do. I have some D8 antennas (those in TBE plastic case) which may fit the internal connector. I have great hope now in creating a whole Frsky protocol family capable compact transmitter.
Thank you Kuzmick.
and if you want to go fancy, while its apart, put a piece of masking tape over the outside of the hole and squirt some hot glue on the inside. put the active tip of the antenna here with another dap of glue from left to right, when its dry pull off tape from outside and you have a nice flat plug that fills the hole and looks better from the outside and holds the antenna in the best position for the signal. easy to see once you take it apart

fyi there are 2 different sizes of that micro connector, i have a feeling the d8 uses the older bigger one
these are the smaller ones for the rxsr (and has a picture of the 2 kinds) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
cheaper slow boat here https://www.banggood.com/5PCS-Eachin...r_warehouse=CN
Last edited by kuzmick; May 17, 2019 at 01:27 PM.
May 17, 2019, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
How long did you fly it?

Mike
Only one battery, about 3 minutes. Tomorrow I'm traveling to Japan so I have no time now. I'll fly and test it more there.

I could see that sometimes the module is not with the green light when I start the TX and not working so I go to the menu, disable and enable it again and when I get the version of the module on the screen it works and the led is green. Anyway I should upgrade the version of this module, it has the 1.2.0.20.

Right now I'm happy, after almost three weeks, finally I could use the TX to fly

Quick Reply