May 02, 2019, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun0
I'm guessing this also adds support for external modules? That's one of the main reasons why I'm holding off, for now at least.
Yes! I need support for the multiprotocol module too. I have an X-lite Pro that I can not use. Only firmware for 4 receivers that I don't have.
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2019, 09:23 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
Yes! I need support for the multiprotocol module too. I have an X-lite Pro that I can not use. Only firmware for 4 receivers that I don't have.
You should be able to go to Internal RF > Mode and change ISRM to D16 or D8 mode. This should be backward compatible so you can choose which protocol you want to use.
May 03, 2019, 12:03 AM
Absolutely not, ACCESS firmware are not backward compatible. There is no way using internal xlite S/Pro to talk D16 or D8.

We are going to release a firmware for the early users that are needing more than the firmware shipped with the radio does allow (gvar, multi,..)

3djc
May 03, 2019, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Please let me know when that is available. I'm pretty much stuck until GVAR is back.
As a rule, given the very nature of our involment in addiation to our real life jobs, we do not do ETA. All I can say is we understand the need, and will try our best to fullfill it, but at the same time, we are not responsible for FrSky choice of release timing and firmware choices....

3djc
Last edited by 3djc; May 03, 2019 at 12:19 AM.
May 03, 2019, 12:34 AM
It is sad that ACCESS is not backward compatible. Nevertheless I really appreciate what you do 3djc and the rest of OpenTX team! Reducing latency from terrific 35-55ms to 11ms is a great step forward, I don't really care if new radios don't support dodgy and outdated d8/16 protocol.

BTW, do you have any idea when we are going to get access FW for R-XSR modules?
May 03, 2019, 12:42 AM
Happy FPV flyer
We only have control over OpenTX, the RF firmwares are 100% FrSky so no idea on that. They said the time between their "waves" of firmwares would be "short".
Last edited by Kilrah; May 03, 2019 at 01:13 AM.
May 03, 2019, 01:43 AM
I wonder if you can upgrade the normal X-Lite with gimbals from the new pro version.
May 03, 2019, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast_RC
You should be able to go to Internal RF > Mode and change ISRM to D16 or D8 mode. This should be backward compatible so you can choose which protocol you want to use.
That's my dream! ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
Absolutely not, ACCESS firmware are not backward compatible. There is no way using internal xlite S/Pro to talk D16 or D8.

We are going to release a firmware for the early users that are needing more than the firmware shipped with the radio does allow (gvar, multi,..)

3djc
Yes please! If I can use the multiprotocol module I'm more than happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
We only have control over OpenTX, the RF firmwares are 100% FrSky so no idea on that. They said the time between their "waves" of firmwares would be "short".
Nice information.

Thank you 3djc and Kilrah!
May 03, 2019, 11:11 AM
OutcastRC
Has anyone received any X-Lite Pro's from within Europe and confirmed LBT EU is the only option?

I was informed Pro's sold within Europe would be locked to LBT-EU only, where as in other regions like china, US etc, you can choose between international and LBT. Or is the ability to select which standard dependant on whichever country code you set up in the opentx menu; US/JP/EU?
May 03, 2019, 11:22 AM
All I can say is that OpenTx does not send region, contry, or localisation info to the ACCESS modules, nor offer any choice or option for that so if such a thing is true, it is not handled by OpenTx

3djc
May 03, 2019, 10:04 PM
Adam
I have the Pro all setup to fly tomorrow. I haven’t checked the weather though yet. I manually copied my old config that I created on my Horus and Taranis over the years and also installed the DLG training script by on4mj.

I had to tweak it a bit to make up for not having as many switches and knobs. I had to create a dynamic landing mode based on throttle position to makeup for having 1 less position on the switches (2 position and a 3 position where I had a 3 and 3 on my Horus).

This setup requires the current 2.3 branch of OpenTX because it needs the Lua access to the AE and AF button fixes and Global Variables enabled. Hopefully an OpenTX build will come out soon for others to be able to use those features too.

The G-RX6 is really small. I am really impressed that it has a vario, 2 more channels, and smaller than an X4R. Nice job on that Rx FrSky!
May 03, 2019, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
The G-RX6 is really small. I am really impressed that it has a vario, 2 more channels, and smaller than an X4R. Nice job on that Rx FrSky!
It's just so expensive. I wonder why it commands such a high price? Also, having the pins pre-soldered really kills it for quads.
May 03, 2019, 10:54 PM
Adam
The price is worth it to me for the features. I used to spend a lot more on other manufacturer’s Recievers. For my use with DLGs, the pre soldered pins are wanted. I guess nothing can be perfect for everyone. Aren’t there other small receivers for quad or use?
May 03, 2019, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiffles
It's just so expensive. I wonder why it commands such a high price? Also, having the pins pre-soldered really kills it for quads.
Why would you want to use that receiver in a quad? I don't know what value you would get from the vario but if you need an altimeter wouldn't it be much preferential to get a flight controller with one built in so that the FC operating system (Arducopter, INAV or whatever) can recognize it natively?

There several FRSKY SBUS receivers specifically designed for multi-rotor use, the G-RX6 is not one of them.
May 03, 2019, 11:26 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiffles
The G-RX6 is extremely inexpensive compared to equivalent vario-equipped receivers from other manufacturers.

It's not intended at all for quads, it's a glider-specific receiver. Quads really should be using the RX4R or R-XSR (really the latter, but the RX4R is the best ACCESS-capable option right now, until the ACCESS firmware for the R-XSR ships)

Quick Reply