This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 16, 2018, 10:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

TIANQU VISUO XS809S Battle Sharks WiFi FPV + 720P Wide Angle Camera

My Visuo XS809S just arrived. First impressions are quite good. It is well packaged, and the overall quality of the quadcopter, and transmitter seem above average for quads in this price range. I really like that there is a micro SD card slot on the quad for capturing pictures, and video from the on board camera.

After getting in a couple flights, I can say that the altitude hold on this actually works quite well. The quad remains very stable, and holds its position, even in a slight breeze. The included battery gave me nearly 10 minutes of flight time on its first charge. The LED lights are visible even during daylight hours, so I expect them to work perfectly for helping to maintain orientation when flying at night.

The 3 different rate modes make this an excellent choice for beginners. In low rates it is easy to control, and yaw is slow enough to not change directions so quickly that it takes you by surprise. The second rate increases pitch, and speeds up yaw just a bit, and the third rate gives the quad much more aggressive pitch angles, and allows the drone to easily cut through wind, and gusty conditions.

I just got the APP installed on my phone, and am anxious to get in some more flight time. I will get some pictures, video from the on board camera, and see how well the WiFi FPV actually works. The APP is called XSW UFO, and can be found in the Google Play Store for Android users, and in the APP Store for Apple users.

First quick test flight, trying the different rates.

Tianqu Visuo XS809s Battle Sharks WiFi FPV Drone With 720P Camera (2 min 21 sec)

Flight video with on board footage. Video from the on board camera starts around the 2:50 mark.

Tianqu Visuo XS809S RTF WiFi FPV Quadcopter On Board Footage (5 min 52 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Jul 05, 2018 at 01:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2018, 02:43 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
First test flight video added above. More video coming shortly.
May 18, 2018, 08:54 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Getting ready to take this to one of my local flying spots, and thought I might want a little extra range, so I opened up the quad to see how the antenna was positioned, and like many of these toy grade quads it was simply folded over on top of the board. A quick hole drilled in the canopy fixed that. Now I'll see how far out I am able to fly.
May 21, 2018, 03:37 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Added flight video with on board footage to first post.
Oct 22, 2018, 01:45 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
These are now on flash sale here for $49.99

Quick Reply