10+ expander flashing green - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 16, 2018, 10:24 PM
Discussion

10+ expander flashing green

I have a 10 + expander with a nano as master and another as a redundant receiver and if I turn the TX on first then the RX the led on the 10+ flashes green. If I turn on the RX first then the TX the 10+ led is solid green. What is the green flashing led indicate?
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2018, 02:25 AM
FLASHING of any color indicates that the receiver has rebooted since it first made a connection with the transmitter.
May 17, 2018, 06:30 AM
So if he’s turning on the transmitter first and the the receiver, how has the receiver rebooted at that point ??

Just trying to understand......
May 17, 2018, 01:00 PM
No. He is turning off the receiver or unplugging it and plugging it back in without also turning off the transmitter.

Once there is a connection established, the transmitter sends a "locked" packet type and when the receiver sees it then it knows that it must have lost power.
May 17, 2018, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
No. He is turning off the receiver or unplugging it and plugging it back in without also turning off the transmitter.

Once there is a connection established, the transmitter sends a "locked" packet type and when the receiver sees it then it knows that it must have lost power.
I understand that but that’s not how would interpret what he wrote ......

I guess it must have something to do with the Queen’s English.....
May 17, 2018, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez

You are absolutely right. The English language spoken by the inhabitants of the following countries; America, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and other lingually annexed countries like France and Germany, is absolutely identical in pronunciation , syntax and idioms.
Well, maybe not so sure about Texas.

BTW Xmas is tomorrow. (I should know, I am Father Xmas!)
May 17, 2018, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez

It's the only possible way to have a flashing green LED.
May 17, 2018, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
It's the only possible way to have a flashing green LED.
I fully understand what you’re saying......

What I don’t understand is how the receiver can “reboot” when the sequence he described is “transmitter on first, receiver next the the blinking led” ???

Only the shadow knows !!!!!

While we’re in asking mode , what’s up with the transmitter progress ???? Any news ??
May 17, 2018, 09:41 PM
I am sure he described the procedure incorrectly. We get the same question about a "flashing green LED" just about every day through tech support.

No news on the transmitter yet.
May 17, 2018, 10:59 PM
Similar occurrence.
Bound Master, Slave, set to Xtreme Mode 1, Mode 2 respectively.
All looked good, and as required turned Rx system off, then Tx.
Restarted, X10 flashing green.
Tried again, same result.
Had a cup of coffee and a head scratch and realised that I had set up with the X10 in circuit.
Rebound with RX's only and reset modes.
Then connected X!), sorry, X10 , and all is fine.
Now the only thing to be careful about is not to get the Tx too close to the Rx, it makes the X10's light go pretty.
May 18, 2018, 12:59 PM
You need to make sure that the power to the X10+ (with Nano or RFU connected) if off and the transmitter is off. At that point you can power up the transmitter or X10+ in any order and the X10+'s LED will be solid green. If you then powered off and back on the X10+ (or even removed the Nano and plugged it back in) without powering off the transmitter, the X10+'s LED will flash. The Nano and RFU LEDs will also flash if they lost and regained power without powering off the transmitter AND the Nano or RFU. at the same time.
May 19, 2018, 12:57 AM
I retested the process and i now I get the blinking green LED either when turning the TX on first or turning on the RX on first. I worked out what the blinking is caused by.
I use a XT60 female plug and bullet connectors for a RX switch and when connecting the power it sometimes must be connecting and disconnecting in a fraction of a second and the 10+ must detect the split second loss of power while pushing in the bullet connector. If I happen to get a good connection first off it is solid green. If I used a switch it would not happen but I don't like switches and prefer the security of the XT60 and the bullet connectors. So in conclusion the 10+ is detecting a power loss while turning on the power.
Last edited by cellbuster; May 19, 2018 at 03:12 AM.
May 19, 2018, 01:17 AM
Actually, the X10+ is not detecting anything. The flashing is caused by the Nano (or RFU) connecting to the transmitter and apparently the power loss is long enough to cause an actual reboot of the receiver. The initial connection and subsequent reconnections take only 80ms to occur, so your XT-60 connectors must be arcing or something during connection.
May 22, 2018, 05:26 AM

Vibration Mount for 10+

I decided to 3d print a vibration mount for the 10+ and use servo rubber mounts, also added some labels for the connections.
May 22, 2018, 02:43 PM
Nice. I am currently working on cases for the X10+ and Nano receivers. I will release the files so you can 3D print your own case.

Quick Reply