Jun 02, 2018, 03:29 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
There's not a lot of aileron taper, no. And yes, they are counterbalanced. Takes a little load off of the servo and makes the roll rate very consistent. Again, if this plane were 9 lbs and 2200 watts like a more typical 70" class airplane it would be insanely quick, but the reduced cubic loading really damps things down. It is one of the most predictable airplanes I've ever flown and the roll rate is very manageable.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Thanks! I've always wanted to merge the 3D/pattern hybrid style of planes with a scale one. It just took the right subject.

Again, I have been testing this on a prototype motor that is a slightly lower KV that will be happy with a 17x8 prop. But the clean airframe really takes advantage of power. You will have no problems with the Slick set-up in this plane. The only upgrade that might be needed is servos. It really needs some of the new breed of very high torque minis such as Savox SV-1260. I don't think 7245's will cut it unless you mechanically reduce the throws.
What about the Pro Modeler Mini servos? They seem to have great specks and only $60 a pop. I am planning on buying 4 to try out on a different 60'' 3D plane I just purchased. They are also a US company.
Jun 02, 2018, 05:39 PM
I am not a robot
Oops ....never mind. I was evidently looking at it wrong.
Jun 02, 2018, 06:32 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict
What about the Pro Modeler Mini servos? They seem to have great specks and only $60 a pop. I am planning on buying 4 to try out on a different 60'' 3D plane I just purchased. They are also a US company.
\(_o)/

I have no idea but give them a shot. A friend tested one full sized Pro Modeler servo a long time ago and was very disappointed but the servo market changes so fast now that I wouldn't let that keep me from trying them. I'll bet they are good. Most of these companies are probably all using the same motors anyway. The rest comes down to the quality of construction and the design of the amps.

I would say you have a good chance of getting some very good servos from them but I have no idea until somebody tries them.

Edit: the language on their website annoys me though.
Jun 02, 2018, 07:21 PM
I've got these Promodeler minis on my 60 Slick v2, and they are fast and strong:
http://www.promodeler.com/DS160CLHV

They are looking to outlast the Savox 1250mg hv's on my 60 Edge EXP (those wore out and got loose pretty quickly, 80 flights and lots of final output play, now 120 flights and really loosey).

Promodeler doesn't throw me any perks - I just like the servos. Might get their micro servos for another plane.

T.P.
Jun 02, 2018, 07:39 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Portal
I've got these Promodeler minis on my 60 Slick v2, and they are fast and strong:
http://www.promodeler.com/DS160CLHV

They are looking to outlast the Savox 1250mg hv's on my 60 Edge EXP (those wore out and got loose pretty quickly, 80 flights and lots of final output play, now 120 flights and really loosey).

Promodeler doesn't throw me any perks - I just like the servos. Might get their micro servos for another plane.

T.P.
Do the promodeler minis take a futaba servo arm.
Jun 02, 2018, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Do the promodeler minis take a futaba servo arm.
The DS160's are 25T spline.
Found this, but you should check specs of the specific Futaba servo:
https://www.myrcbox.com/articles/tec...splines-guide/

T.P.
Jun 04, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Couple of pictures from some flights last night at the cow farm (the realities of flying in NH). Three great flights but I got manure on my new shoes

What a beautiful plane, we want a video pleaseeee!!
Jun 04, 2018, 02:18 PM
Soar high, huck low
Lots of pics, but what does the bottom look like? And we are dying for some video Cody!
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Jun 04, 2018, 03:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisandro.L
What a beautiful plane, we want a video pleaseeee!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Lots of pics, but what does the bottom look like? And we are dying for some video Cody!
Video here.. and the bottom can be seen in it..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 04, 2018, 05:32 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
That is too short to be called a video, teaser maybe.
Jun 04, 2018, 06:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
There are three of them there..but, yes, they are short.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 04, 2018, 06:52 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Thanks Steve, I was just looking at the first one. Now i'm satisfied.
Jun 04, 2018, 07:58 PM
Soar high, huck low
Short, teaser, call it what you will- I am stoked!
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Jun 05, 2018, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisandro.L
Yup, they been replaced by the news SV-1260. More powerful
yeah but they are almost 30 more dollars then the 1250s

Quick Reply