Aug 20, 2019, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Would love to know how you apply that tape without getting a bunch of wrinkles.
Personally, I just apply it in small segments. Yeah, there's a little overlap between segments, but you'd really have to be looking closely to ever notice it. I don't remember exactly what brand I used, but it was some crystal clear packing tape. It's held up well so far. I'm not good enough that I'm not sure I'd even notice the difference or not, but decided to do it on my last plane using the packing tape. I'm pretty sure if I tried it with one of the covering materials that I'd end up making a true mess of it .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 10:19 AM
I am not a robot
Just got home from a trip to the local mart. Bought a roll of Gorilla Crystal Clear tape. Looks like it can be used for a lot of other things even if I don't like it for hinge gaps.
Aug 20, 2019, 11:17 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsQC
Personally, I just apply it in small segments. Yeah, there's a little overlap between segments, but you'd really have to be looking closely to ever notice it. I don't remember exactly what brand I used, but it was some crystal clear packing tape. It's held up well so far. I'm not good enough that I'm not sure I'd even notice the difference or not, but decided to do it on my last plane using the packing tape. I'm pretty sure if I tried it with one of the covering materials that I'd end up making a true mess of it .
I've used packing tape and scotch tape when I ran out of Blenderm.
Works fine, does the job, can't see it and costs nothing.... which is great cuz I'm on a serious budget.
Aug 20, 2019, 06:09 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Oh... you're retired and on a fixed income also??

But on a good note, my laser cutting service and stand-off business is picking up a bit. Funny thing, not much model airplane stuff for the laser, but am cutting laser cut boat kits and model train cars..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Aug 21, 2019, 10:56 AM
Team Futaba
Last edited by Neilbo4; Aug 21, 2019 at 11:01 AM.
Aug 21, 2019, 12:42 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Oh... you're retired and on a fixed income also??

But on a good note, my laser cutting service and stand-off business is picking up a bit. Funny thing, not much model airplane stuff for the laser, but am cutting laser cut boat kits and model train cars..

SteveT.
My 1st RC model was a fast electric boat. Was a plans built called a Scamp. And I like model train stuff. So you go Steve.😁
Aug 21, 2019, 01:38 PM
Thanks Chris.. check out this page and this page.

I also like train stuff, and if I had the room, I would build an HOn3 (narrow gauge HO that runs on 'N' gauge track) logging layout..

SteveT.
Aug 22, 2019, 06:29 AM

Better than before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilson87
Well i successfully learned what NOT to do on a new maneuver lol.... i got disoriented in some fast rolling on the way over a loop and just pancaked it! Well at least I’ll get to see if my next one will come out with a better CG. Lol

Blake H
Best wishes on the assembly/build and flying of your new 69” Turbo Raven EXP!

Did it arrive yet? Will you go 6S or 8S on your new and improved Raven?

Please keep us posted!
Aug 22, 2019, 10:44 AM
Anybody here use Instagram very much with respect to your modeling? I'm new to IG and trying to figure out how to make use of it. Anyway, I'm taking baby steps because I don't want to make mistake. My questions right now center around hashtags and how to use them.

Recently, for example, I learned tagging a photo for truck use is a stupid thing to do when I want model airplane guys to see the content. Lesson learned. Anyway, I believe this photo of our upcoming 85oz-in submicro would be of interest to folks, but as I've shared, I've very little clue regarding tags which I should use. Your thoughts will be very warmly received and welcomed.
Aug 22, 2019, 11:32 AM
How much heavier is this compared to my 60 laser? I might get into this bird this winter if it still flys well in the 60 power package
Aug 22, 2019, 12:14 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182
How much heavier is this compared to my 60 laser? I might get into this bird this winter if it still flys well in the 60 power package
Something around 1-1.5 pounds heavier.

If you have the components and want to fly the plane, you might as well go ahead give it a shot. If you are building/buying everything new, the extra performance of the Dualsky setup is worth the extra cash.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:12 PM

Spot on regarding the price of the 69" Turbo Raven EXP!

From Post #286 dated December 20, 2018 "Stimulating conversation"

"Well, what do you think fellows? With no new posts in almost two weeks on this thread, here's something to stimulate discussion.

The 74" Slick EXP, the 74" Laser EXP, and the 75" Edge are $459.95, $459.99, and $459.95 respectively for the airframe.

Does $399.95 for the 69" Turbo Raven EXP seem about right?"

MKS and Savox servos are offered at https://extremeflightrc.com/69-Turbo...P-_p_5746.html

Now how about offering ProModeler DS175BLHV servos too?
Last edited by Trill; Aug 22, 2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Please offer ProModeler servos too.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:37 PM

The Consensus

Fellow demand the best pilots (and you are all demand the best otherwise you would not be flying Extreme Flight planes!),

ProModeler servos are available for 52" and larger wingspan planes.

What's the consensus on Extreme Flight RC offering ProModeler servos to its customers?
Aug 22, 2019, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill
Fellow demand the best pilots (and you are all demand the best otherwise you would not be flying Extreme Flight planes!),

ProModeler servos are available for 52" and larger wingspan planes.

What's the consensus on Extreme Flight RC offering ProModeler servos to its customers?
Problem is promodeler servos are a 1 man shop with no middle man. If extreme flight wants to carry his servos they will make no money on them or have to raise the price
Aug 22, 2019, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill
From Post #286 dated December 20, 2018 "Stimulating conversation"

"Well, what do you think fellows? With no new posts in almost two weeks on this thread, here's something to stimulate discussion.

The 74" Slick EXP, the 74" Laser EXP, and the 75" Edge are $459.95, $459.99, and $459.95 respectively for the airframe.

Does $399.95 for the 69" Turbo Raven EXP seem about right?"

MKS and Savox servos are offered at https://extremeflightrc.com/69-Turbo...P-_p_5746.html

Now how about offering ProModeler DS175BLHV servos too?
ProModeler does not advertise or sell through dealers, he is greedy and wants all the money he would lose to them for himself!!! (Just kidding John.. )

But he has told me that he is able to do enough business that he really doesn't need to advertise, and same thing applies that he really doesn't need to sell through dealers for the same reason.

SteveT.

Quick Reply