May 21, 2018, 05:18 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I can see the first production run sold out, even before production begins!
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2018, 06:14 PM
3D Addict
Thanks for answering our questions Cody. I saw the FB video and noticed it was graceful and precise at low speed and fast attitude changes with no snap out wobbles .... course it could be that you are at the sticks and not me! It's a 3D/pattern/ hotliner You could add some wing extensions to get it to hotliner proportions, take off the gear and get some thermals.
May 22, 2018, 06:39 PM
Soar high, huck low
How about a vid link for those of us not on Fakebook?
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
May 22, 2018, 08:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Yes please!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 23, 2018, 06:17 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
They are also on Instagram and this should be public: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9dbZUF...-by=cwojcik_rc
May 23, 2018, 06:41 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Also...anybody around Southern NH want to fly it? Hudson area. I'm looking for feedback. WX permitting I'll have it out this Sunday most likely. PM me.
May 23, 2018, 08:09 AM
100% electric since 1990
From a distance, it almost looks like an early '90's era pattern ship, although I've never seen one fly below 60 mph, never mind a rolling harrier.

Edit: just in case you thought I was being critical, I wan't. I like the look and think the full-scale turbo raven was pretty wicked.
May 23, 2018, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Also...anybody around Southern NH want to fly it? Hudson area. I'm looking for feedback. WX permitting I'll have it out this Sunday most likely. PM me.
Dang, suddenly, I need to move to Southern NH. Bahahaha
May 24, 2018, 08:26 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twest
From a distance, it almost looks like an early '90's era pattern ship, although I've never seen one fly below 60 mph, never mind a rolling harrier.

Edit: just in case you thought I was being critical, I wan't. I like the look and think the full-scale turbo raven was pretty wicked.
No offense taken...in fact, the similarity is no accident!

One airplane I always loved and really wanted when I was learning to fly 3D was the Seduction Freestyle from OK Model in Japan.

This was one of the first truly 3D capable non funfly airplanes. In the beginning, 3D was called Fun Fly Aerobatics and it was done with ridiculous cartoony profile planes like the Sudokhoi, Sledge 540, Somethin Extra, etc. These were only good for tight loops, flatspins, and hovering pretty much. They weren't precise and would often flutter to pieces if flown too fast. The thick wing made real 3D very difficult because it would never stall.

Then the Seduction Freestyle came out and was one of the first planes to do it all. It was roughly 50 inches in span I believe. Unfortunately, if you wanted one, you had to get a kit from Japan and build it yourself and pay big bucks for a YS 63 engine. I recognized that it was similar to the Turbo Raven and actually started drawing one back then on our old PC with a shareware program called TurboCAD....but the EF version doesn't have any relation to that one of course.
May 24, 2018, 08:52 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Yeah, the Morris Hobbies profile Hots had multiple warnings on the plans about not flying too fast or it would flutter itself to death!! I have a couple of sets of plans for that plane (maybe even a partial kit).

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 30, 2018, 12:18 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Was able to get quite a few flights on the TR this weekend and pass the transmitter around. Positive reactions all around of course.

I also stuck a 65C 3700 in it just for the heck of it. I expected it to be tail heavy but actually, with it all the way forward, it was perfect! The plane has a very wide CG range. The amazing thing is that the reduced weight didn't make the plane really feel any floatier. It just made the power even better. I easily got 5 minutes of aggressive flying. It's a joy to fly with the 3700's and the 5000's alike but definitely better with the 3700's. It's a winner at this weight and my favorite airplane in my fleet, but if we take a little more weight out of it it will be absolutely sublime.
May 30, 2018, 12:27 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Being able to use 3700's like the rest of the 60s makes it even more appealing.

And nice use of an animated gif
May 30, 2018, 12:32 PM
100% electric since 1990
Sorry I missed it- I had though about your public offer, but with family commitments I was only able to get out to the local field for a few hours. The plane looks better each time I see it from different angles.
May 30, 2018, 12:49 PM
Soar high, huck low
Video or it didn’t happen!
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
May 30, 2018, 02:48 PM
100% electric since 1990
(Hijack alert)

Cody, would a hacker A-40 10s motor be a good match to the 65" turbo bushmaster? It is a 4s motor turns a 14-7, weighs 208 grams. Thanks.

Quick Reply