This thread is privately moderated by solentlife, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 16, 2018, 01:27 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP
Rant

The egotistic nature of some !

Yet again RCG shows it 'colours' ......

Unfortunately due to RCG being one of the largest membership forums online - it of course has all range of people. Over last week or so - that has become so evident in the reaction of a couple in particular.
Basically over 2 years - they have been allowed to develop into self appointed experts, posting what in reality is rubbish. When someone comes along and challenges in full and fair manner - they get all upset and resort to attacking and finally when they realise they are on very poor ground - close the thread !!

Unbelievable - completely against the whole idea of forums - place where discussion and ideas are to be put ... where differences of findings / ideas / solutions can all be looked at and debated.

Seems these people are not interested in any form of debate - only Medals and Patting each other on the back - regardless of whether right or wrong.

RCG has a reputation out there of being a tough arena and not so kind to all ... many I know have left RCG for this reason - chosen smaller more friendly forums where discussion is so well conducted - it makes RCG look like a Gladiatorial arena.

I will not name the people or thread involved - but they know full well who they are and I hope they feel satisfied in showing just how petty and childish they can be.

Nigel
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2018, 04:50 PM
Wow, you have a lot of posts.
I learned to stay out of the forums pretty quickly and just go my own way. I found as a newbie, I was always having to suck up to others just to even get them to respond and you had to bow down to the experts or you were just ostracized or ignored. I just enjoy perusing the blogs now for several years and that has been ok. Good luck however it turns out.
May 16, 2018, 09:34 PM
I don't think that is true for everyone though...I am more then happy to help if I know the answer (with my limited knowledge)
May 17, 2018, 02:25 AM
Thread OP
Vast majority are good and want to help - trouble is the few who consider themselves above all else can spoil it.

Nigel
May 18, 2018, 07:37 AM
Know what you mean ,
I am happy to help out whenever i can and DO so , sometimes by doing that I get flak from others who think they know better, if they do then great I m happy to learn.
Sometimes these people can come across as a bit too aggressive though and because of that I've stopped on a few forums....
I must say the rcgroups forums do seem to have quietened down a lot and Facebook groups get more popular ...
I like both but Facebook does seem to relaxed and friendly...

Don't know what the answer is apart from just ignore those people who act in this way..
Jul 19, 2018, 03:13 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Oh my... Nigel you should know by now that I am right and you are wrong.

Sorry.. couldn't help it. (That's what RCG does to me)

Hope you are keeping well mate.

I liked your Reeds video. Hope you can get some of them cleaning it. I will be interested to see how they do it.
Jul 19, 2018, 04:53 AM
Thread OP
I must admit I started this after a particularly scathing attack by one of lifes 'Experts' .....

Reeds .... here's a link to one of the company's i am asking for quote :

http://www.flo-tex.lv/lv/niedru-pavji

I reckon they can clean it professionally - then I buy a home based machine to maintain it ...

Nigel
Jul 19, 2018, 05:27 PM
It looks like a very handy machine, especially in your case.
Jul 20, 2018, 03:36 AM
Thread OP
I have thought about strapping a gasoline powered strimmer to side of the boat and doing it that way

But its a big job and better I think to get a company to do it properly first.

Nigel
Jul 29, 2018, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Yet again RCG shows it 'colours' ......

Unfortunately due to RCG being one of the largest membership forums online - it of course has all range of people. Over last week or so - that has become so evident in the reaction of a couple in particular.
Basically over 2 years - they have been allowed to develop into self appointed experts, posting what in reality is rubbish. When someone comes along and challenges in full and fair manner - they get all upset and resort to attacking and finally when they realise they are on very poor ground - close the thread !!

Unbelievable - completely against the whole idea of forums - place where discussion and ideas are to be put ... where differences of findings / ideas / solutions can all be looked at and debated.

Seems these people are not interested in any form of debate - only Medals and Patting each other on the back - regardless of whether right or wrong.

RCG has a reputation out there of being a tough arena and not so kind to all ... many I know have left RCG for this reason - chosen smaller more friendly forums where discussion is so well conducted - it makes RCG look like a Gladiatorial arena.

I will not name the people or thread involved - but they know full well who they are and I hope they feel satisfied in showing just how petty and childish they can be.

Nigel
C'mon this cannot be possible!?

You mean the constant posting of pictures and videos when they have little if any relevance to the topic at hand, or the ridiculing of planes and power systems some deem to be inferior is surely not counter-productive and does more than to serve ones own narcissistic and egotistical desires...right?

Please excuse me while I go fetch a persimmon.
Jul 30, 2018, 12:35 AM
Grab one for me too!
Jul 30, 2018, 05:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
C'mon this cannot be possible!?

You mean the constant posting of pictures and videos when they have little if any relevance to the topic at hand, or the ridiculing of planes and power systems some deem to be inferior is surely not counter-productive and does more than to serve ones own narcissistic and egotistical desires...right?

Please excuse me while I go fetch a persimmon.
Errrr ... Sorry ... come again ?

Nigel
Jul 30, 2018, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Errrr ... Sorry ... come again ?

Nigel
No i was not referring to you, rather your old beach flying buddy from down under..
Jul 31, 2018, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
No i was not referring to you, rather your old beach flying buddy from down under..
Oh you mean Dear Old Jo !!

Cheers
Nigel
Jul 31, 2018, 04:03 PM
I wondered who he was referring to. That is exactly the sort of thing this post is all about.

Quick Reply