Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Nall Fall 2018 - Triple Tree

Now you have another chance at Nall with the Nall Fall event!

Splash

A Joe Nall Redo!

It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that Joe Nall was canceled! I was literally almost finished loading my truck when the call came in but I have good news!

Dates - Sept. 24th - 30th

Location - Woodruff, SC

Link - Click here for directions, weather and more!

Fall Nall

From Triple Tree:

HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO BE ONE OF THOSE FEW PEOPLE THAT CAN SAY, "I'VE BEEN TO EVERY JOE NALL"? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET STARTED WITH THAT TRADITION FOR THE NALL IN THE FALL!

Nall in the Fall registration is Open! CLICK HERE or on Registration Tab to Register Premium Camping request accepted by E-Mail Only! Click the follow link to request a premium campsite. PREMIUM CAMPING REGISTRATION

NALL IN THE FALL PREREGISTRATION AND WEATHER PLANNING

Wow, can summer already be this far along? The weather here at Triple Tree is HOT and humid BUT cooler weather will follow and we’re expecting late September to be the perfect time to gather to celebrate the evolution/birth of this great new event. Also, we think it’s important to show that the rains of Joe Nall 2018 CANNOT spoil the incredible celebration that happens every time thousands of our friends gather and bring the world’s best RC aircraft. Nall in the Fall is the natural outgrowth of what used to be called eWeek which was an event dedicated just to our electric powered RC friends. It has been a great gathering and one that was well received but frankly, we kind of missed having ALL of our buddies here. Any party is better if it is BIGGER. So, for this year, we decided months ago, well before Joe Nall 2018, that Nall in the Fall was going to be all inclusive (fuel as well as electric) and that the meals, entertainment and the flying was going to be on par with Joe Nall. Best of all, the weather may just be cooler and the humidity lower as late September is about the time our weather begins to turn fall-like. As always, there’s going to be beautiful camping and the new lower bathhouse will offer the ladies true world-class facilities. We expect many, many vendors to attend and, as usual, they will be offering great prices and selection. We think this is going to be a great event and our volunteers are going to go all out to give you the very best Triple Tree has to offer. Preregistration is now open so go to registration-nall-in-the-fall.php and register now! While Joe Nall 2018 was the first time a cancellation has happened in 37 years, the unprecedented May rain ultimately made our beautiful Triple Tree grounds even more beautiful so, at least in that respect, it was positive. WE recognize though that the cancellation was a real negative and a disappointment to our Joe Nall 2018 guests and we want to take steps to prevent a repeat. So, the logical question becomes, given our recent experience, how will future rain events be handled? First, we will always do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of our guests but, in the future, we are going to take a different approach to a recurrence of the rare set of circumstances that occurred at Joe Nall 2018. In the future, we will advise our guests of the expected rain (if severe conditions are expected) and inform them of the anticipated impact considering forecast rain and and the drying conditions to follow. Triple Tree’s beauty is due, in a large part, to the natural, green, grassy landscape. It can and will get slippery when wet. An advisory from us could look like this: “As of 2:00 pm, on September 25, Triple Tree is expecting one (1) inch of rain in the next 24 hours followed by good drying conditions. Moving heavy vehicles during the rain event and within 12 hours following the storm may present some difficulties especially, in the lower areas near the river.”

A more severe event (longer/longer and harder rain) which could result in the river coming out of it’s banks could require that we advise our guests to move to higher ground (near the main line). Guests would be advised if this is the case by Triple Tree volunteers.

That’s it! We’re going to make every effort to ensure that YOUR event goes on even if things get wet. You, our guests are in a much better position to determine when and if you should leave based on your schedule, vehicle, etc. than we are. So, we’re going to keep you advised and allow you to decide unless absolute safety requires otherwise. Triple Tree appreciates the time, effort and money it takes for our guests to come to our events. In the future, we will make all efforts, consistent with safety, to make certain you are able to enjoy all Triple Tree offers for the entire scheduled length of the event. Fall in the Nall is going to be spectacular and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Triple Tree!

May 14, 2018, 03:12 PM
Bring it Down!!
Isn't that Nash bro week?
Latest blog entry: LBLA S5 FPV Drone
May 14, 2018, 03:13 PM
Admin Deluxe
It's right on top of Nashbro.
May 14, 2018, 03:15 PM
Bring it Down!!
Oh no! Where does that leave you???
May 14, 2018, 03:18 PM
Bring it Down!!
To bad, I would have liked to have gone, but I ain't missing Nash bro.
May 14, 2018, 03:20 PM
Admin Deluxe
Well there is no way I can miss my own event. I think we are on year 12 or 13 now for Nashbro. So I'm already lining up the FG/RCG folks to head to Triple Tree and cover Nall Fall without me. I would love to do both.
May 14, 2018, 03:24 PM
Bring it Down!!
I know you'd love to make it to both, be a lot of driving! What a bummer that they overlapped. It happens though.
May 14, 2018, 03:47 PM
So when is E-Week then? TTA website shows E-Week on the same dates. :\
May 14, 2018, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksabre
So when is E-Week then? TTA website shows E-Week on the same dates. :\
Word is E-Week is no more, Nall in the Fall is the replacement and is open to everything.
Latest blog entry: MPX Dogfighter clearance sale!!
May 14, 2018, 06:04 PM
Not gonna happen for me, that is too close to IRCHA to be doable, 2 week long vacations in 2 months ain't gonna happen. Hopefully that one won't get the bad weather.
May 14, 2018, 06:08 PM
Modeling Retread
So, it’s too bad for all the clubs in a, what, 500 mile radius that used those dates for their annual giant scale, warbird or IMAC events? Is that the Triple Tree ethic? “Ifwe can’t have our dates we’ll just take yours.”

But hey, they can print up new signs and fliers, so I guess they win.

Oh, and thanks for being placeholders e-guys, but you can still come to the big show and fly at the kids table.
Latest blog entry: Flite Fest Texas
May 14, 2018, 07:25 PM
I was at Triple Tree today with two friends that had driven from New Hampshire to attend. Needless to say, there were a lot of unhappy people packing up and leaving after the announcement, and quite a number of vendors who, I doubt, will bother to come back down in the future unless the weather forecast is spectacular.
E-Week was just about dead last year, after the year before, when it rained every day save one. Triple Tree did not offer any refunds, so the flight lines were empty, and vendors few and far between.
May 14, 2018, 07:45 PM
28 yrs. Of Aircraft flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayQuiet
I was at Triple Tree today with two friends that had driven from New Hampshire to attend. Needless to say, there were a lot of unhappy people packing up and leaving after the announcement, and quite a number of vendors who, I doubt, will bother to come back down in the future unless the weather forecast is spectacular.
E-Week was just about dead last year, after the year before, when it rained every day save one. Triple Tree did not offer any refunds, so the flight lines were empty, and vendors few and far between.
oh wow, Yeah the vendors get hurt with something like this. They have to pack up come out set up pay i guess a vendors fee to even be there selling then now lost out on what they could had made. its really sad for all.
May 15, 2018, 09:25 AM
Just remember guys.. this is a weather event. The Triple Tree people made the only correct decision. They have no choice. Folks over here acting like they actively screwing people over.. We all know the risks of a weather rainout. It is what it is. Also, if E-Week was dead last year, then that's the real reason they did the Fall NALL. everyone carry grudges due to weather and don't come the next year and then you all gripe about the event changing or going away.. show some support in good times and bad and things wont change.
May 15, 2018, 01:31 PM
Never too old to learn
They made a good decision in the closing of Nall. I'm just a 2 hour drive from there and left at 9AM this morning. I hit rain on my way home. By 12:30 Pm it was pouring at my place. I couldn't imagine being at Triple Tree with all the rain in the forecast for the next few days.
I had planned to be there until Saturday. Yes, I paid a pilot fee and camping fee and didn't ask for a refund. Triple tree is a fantastic site and always improving so if most of those who paid fees will donate that money it will sure help keep Triple Tree viable and the pristine rc flying site it is.

Tom

Quick Reply