Flying from overseas using the autopilot & virtual FPV from FlightZoomer 3 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by FlightZoomer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 13, 2018, 02:06 AM
Discussion

Flying from overseas using the autopilot & virtual FPV from FlightZoomer 3

FlightZoomer 3 flown from overseas, fully automatic landing (ILS) (2 min 54 sec)

While beta testing for Flightzoomer 3 a spectacular test flight has been done with intercontinental contributions:
  • The flight was performed in Switzerland.
  • The pilot in command (Andrew Stanley) was sitting on his desk in New York and used the FlightZoomer autopilot .
  • My role was copilot/spotter/air traffic control giving Andrew instructions (vectors) how to fly the manual part of the flight (the video shows the approach).
  • During the flight we communicated using a Skype call.
See in the video how nicely this all worked!

FlightZoomer 3 is a pure software solution that runs on commercial-of-the-shelf devices (minimally a PC, a notebook or a tablet). The app(s) are currently under beta testing and will be released soon. When released, the early adopters will get the software for free.

More info on my homepage https://flightzoomer.com/
Last edited by FlightZoomer; May 13, 2018 at 02:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply