Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 25, 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGorilla83
Great Job Jim, McLovins, and all RMSA members that made this event awesome!! Weather was great until late sunday and conditions were very challenging!! It was a great learning tool for TS.

Great job Jonathan, Skyler and Mr. Armstrong for a well flown event!! It was great to see Ultimas sweep the podium!! Looking forward to seeing you all again at the BAM "AKA" the TS warm up contest the last week of August in ABQ. Safe travels!!

~Toby
Yes the Ultimas did well, but you forgot to mention RMSA swept the other 6 positions for the flyoffs with some other models mixed in. REALLY wanted to see a windy flyoff and what model worked.....
Maybe next time.

Great to see you Toby and everyone that traveled. Get signed up for the TS. We would like to see 50+ if possible.

John L.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2018, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
For Posterity - here are the final scores...
Thanks to everyone - I was really bummed the Sunday lunch did not happen.
I can assure you however - it was Awesome...
Jim
Jun 25, 2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks Jim for another great F5J contest. Bummed we missed the lunch too. Looking forward to the TS in September!
Jun 25, 2018, 06:12 PM
Tbd
Last edited by Jmraapilot; Jun 25, 2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: inconclusive
Jun 26, 2018, 01:14 PM
RV7guy

Always fun!!

Despite the looooong drive I always enjoy the Denver events. The proximity to lodging and restaurants is a great help after a long day. As usual this event was run with precision and efficiency. Thanks Jim and John as well as other RMSA crew members.

Denver events can be brutal in the lift/sink cycles and associated weather disturbances. I was the victim in Round 4 and had to power up for a zero. Same with round 5 but a score at least. After that it got better but was too late. Timed for a friend and he was down wind very high with 4 minutes remaining. He barely made it back and didn't get all the time!! The top people earned their positions with consistency and minimizing damage!! Great to see everyone and meet some new people.

Very exciting to see the diversity of aircraft with Ultima's being the most popular and doing very well.

Now, if we could get the airlines to stop flying over the field and drowning out the sound system!!!

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Jun 26, 2018, 02:16 PM
Team Hello Kitty

F5J USA Tour standings updated

Tour standings are updated with the Denver event and available on the F5J-USA website here. You can also view a horizontally scrollable version of the season standings at this link.

Chris
Jun 30, 2018, 10:01 PM
MNZONA SOAR

Thanks

Jim and all the RMSA guys,
Thank you for hosting this great event. Too bad we missed the Ribs and Brisket Sunday afternoon. What a beautiful venue with the mountains in the distance and all the green grass to fly on. We all know how hard it is to put an event like this togeather and make it flow smoothly and you did a great job. I am looking forward to the TS. Thanks again, Brad
Jul 02, 2018, 10:43 PM
Team Hello Kitty

Nice video from Ali Khani

Ali Khani did a nice video of the Denver event and gave me permission to post it. After watching I'm even more bummed that I missed this one. BTW the 3 meter launch attempt by John A. at 1:23 was not intentional (at least that's the story from John ).

Denver F5J June 2018, 3 Way Mid-Air at 5:30 (11 min 45 sec)
Jul 02, 2018, 11:18 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
The truth is I have you guys a chance. But only two took advantage lol. I think my thumb was the culprit bummer

Quick Reply