May 16, 2018, 12:43 PM
A Valach of any kind are lovely, but wow 85cc boxer would sound amazing, and the flight performance would be incredible.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2018, 02:53 PM
Been looking at this one.
Just don't know if it will fit the box of my truck is only 6 foot the fuse might fit if I turn it sideways maybe?
May 18, 2018, 03:04 PM

Truck Bed

Most of my planes sit 'sort-of' crooked in my truck bed but I do have a 1500 Ram.
May 18, 2018, 09:09 PM
Ali, could you give us any idea if the horizontal stabs are done removable, or glued in?
May 18, 2018, 09:17 PM

Engine Selections

I am interested in this plane in the future when it comes out (my hobby shop dealer is already on speedial lol).

I was thinking of the Desert Aircraft DA-70. The first question is fitment. What may be clearance issues with the cowl and exhaust exit?

Perhaps is Ali sees this, he can comment on the servos he has used in the gas powered version of the plane as well as if he used any of the AS3X receivers and setting?

I look forward to reading the thoughts
May 19, 2018, 09:23 AM
Thread OP
Incorrect the xcub glider tow release is included. the servo driving it is not included. Also it will release with a machined aluminum wheels and I think a 4"tire. Sullivan Yes hh partnered with or to make 2 bush wheels for the xcub a 8" and 11.5" and yes for articulated gear you need to buy it. just like the 15cc Carbon cub they released. I think the pilot is included too

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub
Using the real xcub website, the span:length ratio is 1.44. Using H9s website spec is 1.41. Seems close enough for me.

The bush wheels, articulated gear, pilot, instrument panel, and tow release are not included. Have to buy those separately.
Last edited by Jeepworld2002; May 19, 2018 at 09:43 AM.
May 19, 2018, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
Hi Ali is h9 looking to sponsor pilots ? Or can I get a rep position how would one go about applying ??
May 20, 2018, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepworld2002
Incorrect the xcub glider tow release is included. the servo driving it is not included. Also it will release with a machined aluminum wheels and I think a 4"tire. Sullivan Yes hh partnered with or to make 2 bush wheels for the xcub a 8" and 11.5" and yes for articulated gear you need to buy it. just like the 15cc Carbon cub they released. I think the pilot is included too
Pilot is not included and there is a decal dashboard included.
May 21, 2018, 04:16 PM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mike
Ali, could you give us any idea if the horizontal stabs are done removable, or glued in?
Tail group is glued in and braced with active flying wires.

Regards Ali
May 21, 2018, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
I am interested in this plane in the future when it comes out (my hobby shop dealer is already on speedial lol).

I was thinking of the Desert Aircraft DA-70. The first question is fitment. What may be clearance issues with the cowl and exhaust exit?

Perhaps is Ali sees this, he can comment on the servos he has used in the gas powered version of the plane as well as if he used any of the AS3X receivers and setting?

I look forward to reading the thoughts
I think the DA70 is going to be a tight fit. The Saito is pretty snug and that has a dimension of 232mm from cylinder head to cylinder head. The DA70 lists at 270mm but thats spark plug cap to S.P Cap. It may require a little handy work with the dremel?

Servos. I have been testing our new mid range brushless servo the A6320. It's in the same series as our super high end 6300 Servo and its been awesome. Dont tell anyone that I showed you this photo! They are not officially released till Thursday
Receivers. Did I use our AS3X Receivers??? Does a Bear ................ I have one of the prototypes flying on a power safe with the new AS3000 Module ... WOW! That's the Bee's Knees ! The other two are flying well on the AR9350!
Hope this helps? Regards Ali

Regards Ali
May 21, 2018, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mach
I think the DA70 is going to be a tight fit. The Saito is pretty snug and that has a dimension of 232mm from cylinder head to cylinder head. The DA70 lists at 270mm but thats spark plug cap to S.P Cap. It may require a little handy work with the dremel?

Servos. I have been testing our new mid range brushless servo the A6320. It's in the same series as our super high end 6300 Servo and its been awesome. Dont tell anyone that I showed you this photo! They are not officially released till Thursday
Receivers. Did I use our AS3X Receivers??? Does a Bear ................ I have one of the prototypes flying on a power safe with the new AS3000 Module ... WOW! That's the Bee's Knees ! The other two are flying well on the AR9350!
Hope this helps? Regards Ali

Regards Ali
Thank you so much for your detailed answers Ali. a6320 it is

Likewise, the Saito. Is the power reasonable with the Saito? You mentioned possibility for Aerotow, would this power combination prove to be enough?

I have an aR9350 so I am good there!!!
May 22, 2018, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Thank you so much for your detailed answers Ali. a6320 it is

Likewise, the Saito. Is the power reasonable with the Saito? You mentioned possibility for Aerotow, would this power combination prove to be enough?

I have an aR9350 so I am good there!!!
Anytime.. Happy to be of help.

I am not sure how well the Saito will do on the aero tow side of things. I will let it run in and then try. However. I get the feeling that that Saito is more for the scale type and mild aerobatics. For a good Aerotow, you really need big horses up front. It makes it far easier with lots of power.
If you ever need a set up file for the AR9350. Just ping me a PM with your email and I will send one of mine across with base settings if that is of help?
Regards Ali
May 22, 2018, 05:07 PM
Quote:

I am not sure how well the Saito will do on the aero tow side of things. I will let it run in and then try. However. I get the feeling that that Saito is more for the scale type and mild aerobatics. For a good Aerotow, you really need big horses up front. It makes it far easier with lots of power.
If you ever need a set up file for the AR9350. Just ping me a PM with your email and I will send one of mine across with base settings if that is of help?
Regards Ali
So would I be better to try to shoehorn the DA 70 in and accept having to cut the cowl or are there come other options you might suggest?

Base settings will be of help but I might wait until the model is released as I am sure you will be doing more flying and tuning and it may be better to wait and it be a more refined setup :-)

Thank you
May 22, 2018, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Tail group is glued in and braced with active flying wires.

Regards Ali
Thanks, Ali. Would you think it as a possible option to mount the horizontal stabs removable? This would give me the option to place the fuse in my car, with the tail going forward a bit between the frontseats. If not, im gointo get a problem, cause ive 195cm room in length, in the back of my car. The fuse is 208cm, which is too long to go behind the seats.
May 22, 2018, 07:28 PM
Quote:

Regards Ali
Maybe a DA-85 mounted inverted?

Quick Reply