Aug 18, 2019, 12:43 AM
You need more than just the measurements. The engine is offset to the left so you need to account for that with the plug caps.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 07:15 PM
I have the eme 70 with auto start in my x cub. Unfortunately you must clear the cowel for the plug caps and mufflers.
Aug 18, 2019, 07:28 PM
Failure is not an option
Still looks very good. The performance will be worth cutting the cowl. The auto start adds an incredible cool factor.
Aug 19, 2019, 07:36 AM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
I agree. I would be really keen to see how this engine powers the Xcub? Looks like a great match to me.

Regards Ali
Aug 19, 2019, 09:10 AM
echo that...it looks really nice. I suspect you don't even see the cut outs when the plane is on the ground.
Aug 19, 2019, 03:36 PM
It is way over powered. And it is pretty cool to just press a button and it is running!
Sep 12, 2019, 05:53 AM

Ground loops

Just a quick heads up, make sure the tail wheel bolt has enough thread to pass through the lock nut, mine came loose ( not off) and caused the cub to ground loop causing the landing gear to bend then break at the brazed joint where the axle carrier meets the tube. I intend to beef up both sides by replacing the lower end of the tube where it meets the axle carrier with 2mm thick walled tube of the same od as the original and then placing another piece of tubing over the join (12mm OD x 10mm ID). I hope this warning will help somebody prevent having the same repair to make.
Sep 12, 2019, 06:18 AM

Engine cooling

Has anybody needed to cut away the black area on the cowling under the prop to increase cooling to the Evo62 engine, just wondering if it would help much as there doesn't seem like there is much air flow over the cylinder area of the engine
Sep 12, 2019, 09:00 AM
I don't have that combo but I do have the 62 in another airplane and it needs cooling. so I would say yes. i had to replace the cylinder, piston and ring when it overheated and stuck. i would suggest that you fly it without the cowl the first few flights to keep it cooler during break in.
Sep 12, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpipercruisin
Has anybody needed to cut away the black area on the cowling under the prop to increase cooling to the Evo62 engine, just wondering if it would help much as there doesn't seem like there is much air flow over the cylinder area of the engine
If it were me I would block off the two existing openings and open up the center area under the prop shaft. I would also add baffles so the air coming in through the newly opened area was forced to flow around and through the cylinder head.
Sep 28, 2019, 07:48 PM
Let me know how that G62 fits and balances,and of course how it flies.
Nov 07, 2019, 02:27 AM
Hi All
Have just purchased a xcub and going to put a saito 61 twin 4 stroke in the beast.
A question does the saito fit onto the existing engine mount that is supplied in the kit or does the saito have a different mount
That is the supplied gas engine ply mount or does one have to be made. I hope i have made it clear what i am trying to ask
Nov 07, 2019, 05:38 AM
Buy em , Break em,Buy em ect
should fit right on, I went electric, but it came with template ect for the saito I reacon.
Nov 22, 2019, 10:28 AM

Battery placement

Anyone who use two six cells (12 lipocells)
in their X Cub..??
Just wonder where you put the batteries..?
In mine I canít get two six cells, side by side, fare enough to the front, and against the firewall...
Best regards from Norway 😉
Nov 22, 2019, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP47
Hi All
Have just purchased a xcub and going to put a saito 61 twin 4 stroke in the beast.
A question does the saito fit onto the existing engine mount that is supplied in the kit or does the saito have a different mount
That is the supplied gas engine ply mount or does one have to be made. I hope i have made it clear what i am trying to ask
I have the saito twin in mine and it was an easy install. I used the existing engine mount/box (as does everyone) and the supplied standoffs in the kit. There is plenty of margin to move the cowl forward to get the correct backplate clearence. Of course you can source your own standoffs if you prefer.
Last edited by InvertedSnap; Dec 05, 2019 at 03:14 AM.

Quick Reply