May 23, 2018, 01:51 AM
Awesome! Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2018, 05:46 PM
Anyone used the A3S3 since the update , how is it working.??
May 24, 2018, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox1
Anyone used the A3S3 since the update , how is it working.??

I guess everyone must be gun shy to try it. I notice the website does not have any new updates for the A3S3
May 24, 2018, 06:21 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it
I guess everyone must be gun shy to try it. I notice the website does not have any new updates for the A3S3
I think they learned from the mistakes of last time.

I think will do beta testing until everyone is happy with the results. That's an excellent plan.

May 24, 2018, 07:27 PM
Question for Hobbyeagle. What is the purpose of the servo tab in the setup utility? If you use the subtrim function in the setup, then you lose the ability to use your transmitter trims. If you leave everything at default settings and do all adjustments in the transmitter, then you trims work as normal. I just can't see any reason for the servo tab. I can see a case where an older non-computer radio may be able to use the adjustments, but that is the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe I am missing something.
Last edited by esl1885; May 24, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
May 25, 2018, 02:28 AM
I flew my updated S3 today. I only use it in normal mode, I've never explored the other functions. First thing i noticed is the master gain was much higher than it was previously. I had to dial it back a lot before I flew it. Just sitting on the ground with a light breeze, it was making large corrections. With the gain set back to a sensible level, I was also getting large rudder oscillations on the ground. Didn't get that with old firmware.

It still flies really good. Hard stops from aileron rolls might be a little bit tighter (less bounce back) but it might just be my imagination. I'm happy
May 25, 2018, 11:42 AM

Firmware

Hi Friends,

I've received my A3 Super3 I 'll try the new Firmware.
#Hobbyeagle
Is this a beta firmware to download at post #45 because on the Website from Hobbyeagle there is only a firmware V1.1 from 2017?
Can someone also explain me what about the External LED Module and can I use a single connection in PPM mode with a Graupner Hott receiver like Futaba SBus. Hott has a SUMO or SUMD I think never used before.

Greetings
May 26, 2018, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by esl1885
Question for Hobbyeagle. What is the purpose of the servo tab in the setup utility? If you use the subtrim function in the setup, then you lose the ability to use your transmitter trims. If you leave everything at default settings and do all adjustments in the transmitter, then you trims work as normal. I just can't see any reason for the servo tab. I can see a case where an older non-computer radio may be able to use the adjustments, but that is the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe I am missing something.
Not quite right. The TX trim and A3S3's subtrim can be used at the same time. They will not interfere with each other at all. You can leave the subtrim settings at default and do all adjustments in the transmitter, but, we suggest you center your servos using the subtrim function of the gyro especially when a large amount of adjustment needs to be adjusted. Because a large Tx trims can degrade the performance of the system. However, there is no problem at all using the Tx trimming to fine tune the plane when in the sky. Well, in general, the subtrim of the gyro is always used to coarse-tune the surfaces after installation, and the Tx trimming is always used to fine-tune the neutral to make the plane straight in the sky.

The trimming change from the transmitter will be recognized as the new stick neutral when the gyro starts next time. The subtrim settings of the gyro will be applied to the output channels directly. They are different.
Last edited by HOBBYEAGLE; May 26, 2018 at 03:05 AM.
May 26, 2018, 03:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crack_fox
I flew my updated S3 today. I only use it in normal mode, I've never explored the other functions. First thing i noticed is the master gain was much higher than it was previously. I had to dial it back a lot before I flew it. Just sitting on the ground with a light breeze, it was making large corrections. With the gain set back to a sensible level, I was also getting large rudder oscillations on the ground. Didn't get that with old firmware.

It still flies really good. Hard stops from aileron rolls might be a little bit tighter (less bounce back) but it might just be my imagination. I'm happy
Yes, the new firmware has enlarged the basic gain level and it is almost the same as the a3s2. Some planes may need a smaller level you just need to change the Gain Level setting to "Small" in the advanced tab to get a half of the initial gain level of the default "Medium" .

BTW, if you feel the control be a little bit tighter, try to change the Gyro Low Pass Filter to "DLPF_20Hz" in the advanced setting tab.
May 26, 2018, 03:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss1304
Hi Friends,

I've received my A3 Super3 I 'll try the new Firmware.
#Hobbyeagle
Is this a beta firmware to download at post #45 because on the Website from Hobbyeagle there is only a firmware V1.1 from 2017?
Can someone also explain me what about the External LED Module and can I use a single connection in PPM mode with a Graupner Hott receiver like Futaba SBus. Hott has a SUMO or SUMD I think never used before.

Greetings
We have just released the update on our website. Please check out our website: http://www.hobbyeagle.com

There are some minor differences between the final version on the website and the one posted at #45 several days ago:
1. The LED changed to blue and violet flashing alternately when operating in User Defined mode.
2. The default setting of the gyro low pass filter changed to DLPF_20Hz. It was set to DLPF_42Hz before.
Although these small changes will not affect the performance of the gyro, you can refresh the firmware again using the version of the website. The version on the list of the firmware online update utility will always be the newest.
May 26, 2018, 03:32 AM
Thread OP
Thank you everyone. We will continue to test and keep update of the firmware for our gyros, and all suggestions and opinions are welcome.
May 27, 2018, 05:35 AM
Many Thanks!

To Hobbyeagle for the update very quickly.
I 've a question is it possible to connect the A3 with Graupner Hott RXs via SUMD or SUMO with one wire.al like Futaba Sbus.

Greetings
May 27, 2018, 09:53 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBYEAGLE
4. If you haven't installed the firmware update utility yet, get it here: http://www.hobbyeagle.com/download/1...te_Utility.msi
The gyros themselves updated successfully on the first attempts.

The programming card was not recognized until I uninstalled the existing firmware utility (still found on your web site) and installed the version in the above link. Then it too updated successfully.
May 31, 2018, 02:43 AM

A3 super 3 Sensitivity adjustment for Gas engines

Hi friends, Hi Hobbyeagle

I need help!

I"ve just mounted the A3 super 3 gyro in my Gas engine model not wired yet to the RX because I couldn't found the "Sensitivity adjustment" in the advanced menue wich is useful for Gas Engine. The older gyro had this or make I something wrong.
If this function is not available I think I can't use the Gyro for Nitroplanes. I want to test the Gyro now but I will still wait maybe there is different possibility.

Greetings
Jun 02, 2018, 03:01 PM

Sensitive Adjustment

Hi friends,

No one knows something?
In the previous version, there were the settings slow, medium, normal, and fast I think.
I can not find anything here I will use it in a Nitro or Gas Plane.

Greetings

Quick Reply