Oct 08, 2019, 09:50 AM
Here's my take: any manufacturer that will not respond to known verified issues that customers have with their products...particularly with their "flagship" product (A3S3) puts up a large red flag to potential buyers of their product.

The auto-level/Recovery feature was THE most important mode of this gyro for me when I chose to purchase this premium gyro for my sometimes invisible/stealthy FW F-35 v3. The NORM mode, of course is great--but you can get that with virtually any stabilizer. I wanted a reliable recovery option in case I lost sight/orientation of this particular plane at a critical altitude. I didn't want to (nor do I EVER) fly in a SAFE-like mode. I wanted only a quick recovery to level flight and put in a stabilized turn to re-acquire sight of the model. An insurance policy that is definitely worth it. As I've mentioned before, it only takes a ONE-TIME save ($300, 400, 500...fill in the blank) to say it's worth it. I'm not proud. I've seen and heard of too many guys at my club who've lost sight of their smaller EDFs in various weather/sun/cloud conditions leading to a destructive lawn-dart crash.

Because of Hobby Eagle's non-response, I recommend potential buyers choose something else from another manufacturer. Of course, people do what they choose to do, but let the buyer beware...they were warned. Hobby Eagle does not support their products at this time.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2019, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbug
Here's my take: any manufacturer that will not respond to known verified issues that customers have with their products...particularly with their "flagship" product (A3S3) puts up a large red flag to potential buyers of their product.

The auto-level/Recovery feature was THE most important mode of this gyro for me when I chose to purchase this premium gyro for my sometimes invisible/stealthy FW F-35 v3. The NORM mode, of course is great--but you can get that with virtually any stabilizer. I wanted a reliable recovery option in case I lost sight/orientation of this particular plane at a critical altitude. I didn't want to (nor do I EVER) fly in a SAFE-like mode. I wanted only a quick recovery to level flight and put in a stabilized turn to re-acquire sight of the model. An insurance policy that is definitely worth it. As I've mentioned before, it only takes a ONE-TIME save ($300, 400, 500...fill in the blank) to say it's worth it. I'm not proud. I've seen and heard of too many guys at my club who've lost sight of their smaller EDFs in various weather/sun/cloud conditions leading to a destructive lawn-dart crash.

Because of Hobby Eagle's non-response, I recommend potential buyers choose something else from another manufacturer. Of course, people do what they choose to do, but let the buyer beware...they were warned. Hobby Eagle does not support their products at this time.
Well said. I couldn't agree more. I purchased A3S3s specifically for those momentary loss of orientation and panic times. The fact that the unit is advertised as a reliable wing-leveling recovery device is nothing short of false advertising. (Known from A3S3 personal experience). A product that preforms well in only some of its advertised features does not legitimize the product. However, we all have purchased and used products that preform well for our specific use, knowing it does not work as fully advertised. That's fine as long as the consumer is aware of a product's shortcomings prior to its purchase.
Oct 08, 2019, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbug

Very well said, I just spent the whole day of changing (18) A3S3 gyros out and replaced them with Eagletree Guardian gyros. They have them on sale $64 down from $75= $180 savings for me plus saved maybe a plane or two.
I'll toss the A3S3's in a box and maybe they will fix the bugs.
Oct 09, 2019, 07:37 AM
Blue Skies
Whoa Go4it!! You've got some serious investment in Hobby Eagle. But I wouldn't recommend buying their stock. I haven't researched to even see if it's a private or public corp. But the way they're going, they won't be around much longer if they continue the way they're going.

The Guardian seems like a good alternative but I hate learning a new system all over again, and again. Since I use Spektrum, there's no need to spend over $20 for a RATE stab. But for a system that can do auto-level, the entry price for a decent system looks to be at least $64. My choices will be either Spektrum or Eagle Tree.
Don
Oct 09, 2019, 07:45 AM
The Eagle Tree is quite easy to learn.
Oct 09, 2019, 08:50 AM
ET has a very good touch and feel to it. It is very simple to setup.
The only real problems they need to address is to put it in a proper case and add SBUS to it.

Mark
Oct 09, 2019, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racermark
ET has a very good touch and feel to it. It is very simple to setup.
The only real problem they need to address is to put it in a proper case and add SBUS to it.

Mark

Thanks for the update.
Do they have self-level mode?
Oct 09, 2019, 09:28 AM
Yes.
Oct 09, 2019, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Guardian - no SBUS/PPM... single wire.... a nuisance.
AND their dumb "mini plug with thin wiring" (instead of just plain servo plugs on the unit)
They over-did the 'keep it small' idea.....
Oct 09, 2019, 07:19 PM
Another option is the eznov neuron. It has 3 firmwares. Heli, plane, multirotor. I had one in a small fpv plane. It was excellent until I lost it Not cheap, and support is patchy but very nice flight behavior.
Oct 09, 2019, 07:20 PM
http://neuron.eznov.com/
Oct 09, 2019, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it
Thanks for the update.
Do they have self-level mode?
Yes a very simple one that will not have you flipping the wrong switch, Just let go of the sticks and watch it level off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Yeah, Guardian - no SBUS/PPM... single wire.... a nuisance.
AND their dumb "mini plug with thin wiring" (instead of just plain servo plugs on the unit)
They over-did the 'keep it small' idea.....
It is so simple for them to do this and it would keep them in the hunt so2speak!!!!!!
And make it smaller overall as well.

Oh well we can only hope they are watching us. If they would then they would be on TOP for sure!

Mark
Oct 10, 2019, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crack_fox

Thanks for the info. I just order two of them.
Very interesting gyro, your correct not cheap.
Oct 29, 2019, 05:16 PM

Ice-man gyro bl-3grc

WOW, $29.99. These were over $100 then $85 then $59 and now $29.99. They have been around for 5 or 6 years maybe longer.
https://www.amazon.com/Axis-Gyro-Air...cm_wl_huc_item

These work great but you better be ab IT guy to set one up. But they do work great.

If you think the A3S3 is hard to set up, this is not for you.
Nov 05, 2019, 02:56 PM

There is still bugs on hobbyeagle software install

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBYEAGLE
The Config Utility V2.0.1 for A3S3 is available on our website. In the new version you can choose to display % or uS for the input channel signal range on the Radio tap. Check out the link below:
http://www.hobbyeagle.com/gyros/a3super3.php
Not possible to install the config utility,
Tells that you have to have the framework s...
Try download IT.. And: error 404 not avaleble!
😡😵

Quick Reply