Sep 05, 2019, 02:02 AM
Does the factory monitor this thread anymore?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 08:27 PM

Bugs still plague the A3S3 gyro

Well, it's been 10 days so I guess the factory does not monitor this thread anymore.
So, I guess all my A3S3's go in the bin file under don't use until further notice and my A3SII's get reinstalled until the bugs in the A3S3 or fixed.
Sep 15, 2019, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it
Well, it's been 10 days so I guess the factory does not monitor this thread anymore.
So, I guess all my A3S3's go in the bin file under don't use until further notice and my A3SII's get reinstalled until the bugs in the A3S3 or fixed.
Iíve recently installed some new A3S3 in my planes. After reading the potential problems with the A3S3 and no factory response to your post, itís too risky for me to use them. Iím going to purchase and replace the A3S3 with Eagle Tree Guardians. They have less ďwhistles and bellsĒ but at least they work.
Sep 16, 2019, 01:29 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
I only use my A3Sx units in normal mode and have had no problems with any of them (where x = 2 or 3).

Has anyone experienced A3S3 problems in anything other than wing level mode?
Sep 16, 2019, 03:20 PM
No--As I've mentioned extensively, the gyro (A3S3) operates great in the normal mode--BUT...in "auto-level" or "recovery" mode it fails miserably in flight.

I have not tried the other modes as I purchased it for it's auto level mode primarily as the FW F-35 is quite difficult to keep in orientation/sight at times...and it only takes once to lose the plane.
Sep 16, 2019, 03:29 PM
I’ve used both modes successfully in an old Graupner Decathlon, but I’m wary. Eagle tree is the best I’ve ever used other than the Frsky S series, which are no fun to set up.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:08 PM
Eagletree? Or HobbyEagle??? hehe
(this being a HobbyEagle A3 super3 thread)
But I DO totally trust my EagleTree Guardian, LOL.
Sep 16, 2019, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
I only use my A3Sx units in normal mode and have had no problems with any of them (where x = 2 or 3).

Has anyone experienced A3S3 problems in anything other than wing level mode?

Sad, to buy a gyro with all the features and benefits just to find out only one item that you can trust to use.
Sep 16, 2019, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Eagletree? Or HobbyEagle??? hehe
(this being a HobbyEagle A3 super3 thread)
But I DO totally trust my EagleTree Guardian, LOL.
My only problem with the EagleTree Guardian I remember back in 2013 when I purchase a few, were total junk. The engineers knew about the problems but were to busy to fix them due to other projects going on at the time. It was two years later that they finally got around to fixing the bugs. But by then a lot of guys including myself had moved on. With that said, I do understand the Guardian works now. Not to many features but who cares if it works.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:57 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Sad, to buy a gyro with all the features and benefits just to find out only one item that you can trust to use.
I don't care for auto-level/SAFE/panic mode with ANY brand of gyro I've tried, so it's not a problem for me. There are plenty of features I like besides that.
Oct 05, 2019, 08:27 PM
Quote:
I don't care for auto-level/SAFE/panic mode with ANY brand of gyro I've tried, so it's not a problem for me. There are plenty of features I like besides that.

So why would anyone purchase a product knowing that only half of it works? Too funny
Sad that the factory stop manufacturing the S3SII that actually worked in all it's modes, that is after several updates corrected all its problems.
I have emailed the factory several times to get the latest information on when the bugs will be corrected. I never received a return email or have seen any updates on their site or this thread that was started by the factory.
Oct 06, 2019, 10:43 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
So why would anyone purchase a product knowing that only half of it works? Too funny
Sad that the factory stop manufacturing the S3SII that actually worked in all it's modes, that is after several updates corrected all its problems.
I have emailed the factory several times to get the latest information on when the bugs will be corrected. I never received a return email or have seen any updates on their site or this thread that was started by the factory.
Perhaps because as I wrote already, the part that works very well is what interests me and the rest is irrelevant.
Oct 07, 2019, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Perhaps because as I wrote already, the part that works very well is what interests me and the rest is irrelevant.

No comment. Your response is irrelevant to me.
Oct 07, 2019, 09:31 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
No comment. Your response is irrelevant to me.
You asked. I answered. Sorry you donít like the answer.
Oct 08, 2019, 02:23 AM
I agree with Kallend. As a rate gyro with an sBus connection, it works really well. I've never bothered to look at any of the other functionality.

Quick Reply