Mar 26, 2019, 05:51 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Connect the R9 Ch3 straight to Throttle.....

If it is working when connected to Out3, it will not really be working properly(!).... that is just operating (in some manner) because the A3 will still output (Out3) what you tell it to use as an Input (eg Ch3.... or normally would be Ch4 Rudder). It doesn't know what any Channel truly means - only what they EXPECT it to be.
So they expect you will Input some Channel to be considered the RUDDER. In the settings you assign a Channel number to that Input (eg typically Ch4 for Rudder) and they will PROCESS that signal, according to what functions you have set in the A3 (eg Stabilise, heading Hold etc), and that will be sent out of OUT3.

So you might now see that your OUT3 "Throttle" is going to be what you Input (Ch3 Throttle) AND whatever processing they do to that, because of YAW motions in the plane!!! Which of course you would not want added to a Throttle signal !!

If you DO have a Rudder, which 'should' be Ch4 (dos not HAVE to be), then in the A3 settings se the Rudder to Ch4 (or whichever Channel you really have set up in the TX for the Rudder)..... and OUT3 goes to the Rudder servo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Did you read the instructions?
Only glanced at this, but his RX connection is SBUS, so Ch 3 is going to go through the gyro anyway - BUT it should not be matched and routed to one of the OUT PWM connections AND not be connected to ESC. If there is a Ch 3 PWM on the RX, then that should go direct to the ESC. If there is no PWM off the RX, then another way to peel Ch 3 off the bus or a different RX may be needed.

Not clear to me if he is using 1 wire or 3 wires for SBUS. Haven't thought through the power or ground implications ....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2019, 05:55 PM
I would say he has connected ONLY the SBUS to the A3.
And he has set Rudder to be Ch3..... thus OUT3 still control the Throttle, as he say it 'works'.
(But it wont work properly as it will be A3 'corrected' for YAW, if any mode using Yaw is enabled)
That RX does have Ch1-4 as PWM outputs ALSO - so you just take one of those - Ch3 - to the ESC.
And make set the rudder to the correct Channel (Ch4 ?) in the A3 - if there is a Rudder on the aircraft at all. If no Rudder, then you just have nothing connected to OUT3....
Mar 26, 2019, 05:59 PM
Oh... yes, he might not have interconnected Gnd or +ve to the A3 'directly' from RX to A3.
But as long as they BOTH do have connections to the SBEC it would be OK.....

He says "The Throttle Works".... and for this to happen the RX must be powered, so that suggests there are +ve and Gnd wires to the RX....

And as long as they are both powered (A3, RX) then even a single wire SBUS will work fine too....
Mar 26, 2019, 07:03 PM

R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
Only glanced at this, but his RX connection is SBUS, so Ch 3 is going to go through the gyro anyway - BUT it should not be matched and routed to one of the OUT PWM connections AND not be connected to ESC. If there is a Ch 3 PWM on the RX, then that should go direct to the ESC. If there is no PWM off the RX, then another way to peel Ch 3 off the bus or a different RX may be needed.

Not clear to me if he is using 1 wire or 3 wires for SBUS. Haven't thought through the power or ground implications ....
Gottazoom the r9 is only 3 wires, + - and signal..esc is connected to out3 and R9 is connected to sbus/ mode
Last edited by shen13; Mar 26, 2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Pic,
Mar 26, 2019, 07:36 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:

And as long as they are both powered (A3, RX) then even a single wire SBUS will work fine too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen13
Gottazoom the r9 is only 3 wires, + - and signal..
As Peter says, a single signal wire only to gyro is OK as long as both gyro and rx are getting 5v power from other wires. But that's probably not what you want.

If you run 3 wires from ESC to throttle channel PWM connector on RX, then you need to run power from RX to gyro on other wires - so 3 wire SBUS should work. That means throttle signal is running between RX/ESC for motor and also going out from RX to gyro on SBUS. But you isolate the throttle to an unused OUT PWM on the gyro, or otherwise make sure it is not passed on from the gyro.

As with all models, the BEC has to have adequate capacity to run RX, Gyros, servos with a provision for servos to be running higher amperage due to stability movement added to stick control. If you have all that covered then the above should work and you don't connect ESC signal out from the gyro.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Mar 26, 2019 at 07:42 PM.
Mar 26, 2019, 08:19 PM

Gyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
As Peter says, a single signal wire only to gyro is OK as long as both gyro and rx are getting 5v power from other wires. But that's probably not what you want.

If you run 3 wires from ESC to throttle channel PWM connector on RX, then you need to run power from RX to gyro on other wires - so 3 wire SBUS should work. That means throttle signal is running between RX/ESC for motor and also going out from RX to gyro on SBUS. But you isolate the throttle to an unused OUT PWM on the gyro, or otherwise make sure it is not passed on from the gyro.

As with all models, the BEC has to have adequate capacity to run RX, Gyros, servos with a provision for servos to be running higher amperage due to stability movement added to stick control. If you have all that covered then the above should work and you don't connect ESC signal out from the gyro.
Not sure if itís correct,but itís working,,only thin is the servo reverse,,,in the gyro page where the servos,show to reverse no matter what i do when I check the box to reverse the servo and hit write the movement stays the same?..
Mar 26, 2019, 08:57 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Not sure if itís correct,but itís working,,only thin is the servo reverse,,,in the gyro page where the servos,show to reverse no matter what i do when I check the box to reverse the servo and hit write the movement stays the same?..
As someone else suggested, perhaps check the manual. That function may only be for the gyro control of the servo during a correction event. If that is correct, then you reverse the stick control in the TX and set the gyro reverse when needed to get the gyro to make a proper correction for UN-commanded actions by the gyro. Example, if the nose of plane is pitched down down while holding it over the bench in auto level (and other modes) then gyro correction needs a setting that will bring the nose back up (elevator trailing edge up).
Mar 27, 2019, 03:03 PM

Setup for hobby eagle

https://www.getfpv.com/frsky-sbus-to...with-pins.html
Maybe this is what is needed to run this gyro,board,as i was told the esc/throttle was or needs to run to the Frsky receiver not the gyro board,,,
Mar 27, 2019, 04:51 PM
No, you don't need that SBUS decoder.

You need some manner to get +ve and Gnd to the A3, and also to the RX.
Your ESC likely has an SBEC which means the throttle lead has +ve on the middle wire of the three. Red in color.
And Gnd on one of the other 'side' wires. eg black or brown wire.
The Orange (JR type colors lead) or White (Futaba type color leads) wire is the signal.

Run the Throttle to the RX.... make some servo lead adaptor that has a 'socket' servo connector and runs its three wires to the appropriate points on the RX. The +ve, Gnd, and the Ch3 output for the signal.

Make another lead up with a 'male' plug (to fit the A3) and connect those three wires to the RX.... to the SAME +ve and Gnd points, and the Signal to the SBUS point (of course).
Plug this lead into the A3 (it is the SBUS with power lead)
Now the A3 will get power "from the RX" because it is also connecting to the ESC SBEC +ve and Gnd wires.

I assume you did set up the A3 SBUS CHANNELS to control the correct functions....
Run the controls and if any move the wrong direction when you move the TX Stick then reverse that channel in the TX.
Get them all moving the correct directions.....

Set a mode so you can use Auto Level mode - whether permanently set up, to just to test now....
TIlt the aircraft nose up, and the elevator should move to Pitch Down - if it does then the A3 output Direction is correct. If it moves it the wrong way then Reverse that output/channel in the A3....
Do this for both the Pitch (Elevator) and the Roll (Aileron) axis.
To check the Rudder, Rotate the aircraft 'fast' horizontally, without using any controls - watch the Rudder. It should move the same way as the tail moves. eg Tail heads to the right - in YOUR view, no matter which way you look at it - then the Rudder should also move that same way, but it will only move a small amount and not for very long at all, so you need to look close and keep checking until you know it is right.
Mar 27, 2019, 05:13 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
https://www.getfpv.com/frsky-sbus-to...with-pins.html
Maybe this is what is needed to run this gyro,board,as i was told the esc/throttle was or needs to run to the Frsky receiver not the gyro board,,,
What's wrong with channel 3 pin on the RX (as shown in the picture you posted earlier?

Shouldn't that be the throttle signal with AETR channel order?
Mar 27, 2019, 05:21 PM
Connections....
Mar 27, 2019, 05:25 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Connections....
Yep, way I would do it if Ch 3 gives signal. And then be careful to not use Ch 3 on any OUT on the A3 ....
Mar 27, 2019, 08:34 PM

R9 rx

Iíll try to,locate some more info on the r9. Was not 100% do what the ch1 through 4 were,as i was told for satellite imputs,,I can see now what you guys are saying about the esc/ throttle to rx...starting to it now,,,I do appreciated the help that was given here.will post back to see how it goes,,
May 19, 2019, 12:09 PM
Had an issue with my A3L today in an Avanti 80mm. Somehow it reset to factory settings. Took off and it was compensating in the wrong direction on all surfaces. Landed the plane, reset the gyro to get the surfaces compensating in the correct direction and flew the rest of the day without any issues. Curious if anyone has experienced this before. Definitely will be checking this before flying for the day.
May 27, 2019, 01:31 PM

Help!! Can't get FirmwareUpdate to work!!!

When I try to update the firmware of my new A3S3 as well as the program card, I always get an error message, saying "Detect process terminates unexpectedly!".

I plug in the device after prompted by the update utility. Then this error message occurs. If I push "start" again, another error message occurs (in German which is the language setting of my laptop), saying something like "I/O process stopped because of an thread end".

YES, I use the newest USB driver CP210 (version 10.1.7 as of March 26, 2019).

YES, I have previously uninstalled all old versions of that driver.

YES, I use the USB adapter which was in the package (in fact, I tried two different ones, as I bought two gyros. So I also tried the two USB cables).

All in vain!

Similar probem with the config utility 2.0.1 - device not detected, no connection possible.

Hobbyeagle, please help me!!!

Cheers

Torsten

Quick Reply