VAS Hellkite FPV Wing

Alex from Video Aerial Systems is always designing and coming up with new ideas for FPV planes. When he creates a design he's happy with, he produces a kit of it and the Hellkite made the cut.

Splash

34" of Fun

Alex from Video Aerial Systems is always designing and coming up with new ideas for FPV planes. When he creates a design he's happy with, he produces a kit of it and the Hellkite made the cut. This 34" wingspan flying wing is unique looking, durable and best of all, fun to fly. It's designed to fly smoothly in high winds and is perfect for proximity bashing through tree gaps and other obstacles.

The compound swept wing on the Hellkite provides nice low speed handling as well as high speed stability making it a great all around FPV plane. Alex recommends a power system of 350-500 watts and a 7-8" prop. The kit sells for around $95.

Check out the VAS Hellkite FPV Wing Here.

May 09, 2018, 11:58 AM
My VAS Banshee flies amazing, so you know this one will rip!
May 09, 2018, 12:38 PM
Comment deleted. Situation resolved.
Last edited by scott page; May 09, 2018 at 03:47 PM.
May 09, 2018, 12:44 PM
Thelongranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
That video needs to be sent to the FAA. Flagrant violations of safety flying over moving automobiles. I'm aghast that RCG would post - let alone allow this blatant invitation for more Federal, State, and local regulations.
Cry me a river, Ohh.
May 09, 2018, 01:02 PM
Comment deleted -- is now superfluous as Jason resolved the concern.
Last edited by scott page; May 09, 2018 at 03:48 PM.
May 09, 2018, 03:00 PM
RCG Admin
I didn't watch the full video. It has been removed from the article above. Now back to our regularly scheduled VAS Hellkite banter....
May 09, 2018, 08:13 PM
All this talk got me interested in the video..
Saw one on YouTube with it flying up/down the street. So I think that it might not be removed, just from RCG.
May 10, 2018, 09:39 PM
Duck and Cover

Well, this thing has been around a little while...

Seems more folks would have one by now. Alex did a build video 6 months ago. Think I will step up and take one for the team. Got a Cobra 2221 that would fit on the back and use the same 1800 Nanotech that I use in my Rebel wing. I was toying with the idea of taking a sloper wing and cutting it up to make a Mini Drak-type plank and this looks like an easier route. I liked the Wraith and this should be a fun one too.
VAS HellKite First FPV Flight Video Aerial Systems Plane 4s 1800mah cobra 2221 1860kv 7x6apc (1 min 39 sec)

Quick Reply