May 08, 2018, 04:25 AM
Thread OP
Help!

DYS F4 Pro V2 Flight Controller Wiring advice Please!

Hello folks,

Not sure if this is the best forum for this thread but hopefully the Mods will move it to the appropriate forum if required.

I'm in the process of building my first race/freestyle quad and looking for some advice on the wiring for a DYS F4 Pro V2, if anyone would be so kind?
I've got a bit of experience with RC hell's and have previously built a 500 size Quad, but there wasn't any soldering involved when connecting Rx's to FC's (units like Beast X, Naza V2 etc).

I can solder well enough to do this race quad (I think!), but I was just hoping someone would check over a quick wiring diagram I threw together to see if it looks correct for the FrSky XSR receiver, Runcam Swift 2, and TBS Unify Pro V3 (Not HV).
It's not the best job, but hoping its enough to see what I mean.

I think the Dark blue wire from the Runcam Swift 2 quite likely doesn't need connected if taking the 5V, but I was tired and confused when I threw the image together!

I've googled for my answers, and a lot of the returned articles say it's for the DYS F4 V2 Pro, but the guides show images of the previous board layout.

Thanks to user Tazmadman for the initial correct pin out image originally posted here -
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-control/page2

(There's a couple other things discussed in the above thread that are a bit beyond me for now, but will have to cross those bridges when I get to them!).

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this far!
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2018, 11:57 AM
Looks correct to me. If you were planning to use S.Port telemetry, you will likely solder it to TX3. I believed TX3 and RX3 are mislabeled and they are switch. I don't have this board to confirm.
May 09, 2018, 03:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo614
Looks correct to me. If you were planning to use S.Port telemetry, you will likely solder it to TX3. I believed TX3 and RX3 are mislabeled and they are switch. I don't have this board to confirm.
Thanks for the reply Voodoo. Yep, thatís 1 of the things I read in the thread I initially linked to, but think something else needs done prior to that if I want to use Sbus and Smart Port together anyway (something to do with inverting/inverted signals and not enough inverters IIRC)

Can you confirm if Iím correct in the assumption that the VBAT+ from the runcam swift 2 (dark blue line in diagram) doesnít need connected to The F.C. BAT+ for basic operations, or does it need it for something (Iím a bit unsure what it is for)?

Thanks again for your help Voodoo. Much appreciated.
May 09, 2018, 09:56 AM
On Camera is just for voltage using camera osd. If you are planning to use BF OSD, you can disregard that wire altogether. If you use lipo voltage to power the camera, you will get that reading without connecting the blue wire. Hope that makes sense.

Frsky sbus and S. Port signals are inverted. To connect them to a regular UART, you will need to the non-inverted signal. This FC has a hardware inverter for the SBUS pin but not S. Port telemetry. You will need to find the non-inverted signal for S. Port on your RX to connect to UART3. Since TX3 is mislabeled, you will need to wire to RX3. The are tutorials to find the non-inverted signal.
May 11, 2018, 06:23 AM
Thread OP
Thanks again Voodoo,
Your reply does make sense, but I've actually just left the Vtx and camera for now, and just focused on getting it built and setup for LOS initially. Will be looking to do the S.Port soon, but just going to do without Smart Telemetry initially (until I'm ready to solder again!).

Just got it all ready to go for the maiden flight as soon as it's not so windy.
Still reading a bit more about PIDs, flight modes, and expo and rates, but if I'm following correctly, stock PIDs should be OK for a novice like me, and I'll be flying Angle mode initially, so should be OK (fingers crossed).

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think I maybe should have just posted in the thread for this specific FC, as there does seem to be some good advice being given over there as well, but might still return here if I get stuck again!

Again, thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated!

All the best
Jun 10, 2018, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulu
Thanks again Voodoo,
Your reply does make sense, but I've actually just left the Vtx and camera for now, and just focused on getting it built and setup for LOS initially. Will be looking to do the S.Port soon, but just going to do without Smart Telemetry initially (until I'm ready to solder again!).

Just got it all ready to go for the maiden flight as soon as it's not so windy.
Still reading a bit more about PIDs, flight modes, and expo and rates, but if I'm following correctly, stock PIDs should be OK for a novice like me, and I'll be flying Angle mode initially, so should be OK (fingers crossed).

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think I maybe should have just posted in the thread for this specific FC, as there does seem to be some good advice being given over there as well, but might still return here if I get stuck again!

Again, thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated!

All the best
Following up on this.... were you able to wire the DYS F4 board for S. Port Telemetry? If so, please share.

Thanks
Apr 23, 2019, 11:38 AM
[Reopen]

Short question about f.port on dys f4 pro V2: is it still working with frsky xsr? And which port has to be used on FC?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply