Aug 21, 2018, 05:15 PM
You are in fact swimming upstream because you won't state what problem you are having with the Nano receiver! I DO NOT CARE about any results with ANY other products. This is the XPS Vendor area, and is for supporting XPS products only. If you have an actual problem, please state what that is. I am not sure how much clearer I can make this.

You mentioned in one post that the servo moves only one way, and now you say there are no problems with servos. Which is it? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with OUR products that you are having problems with?

Anyone watching this - am I missing something?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2018, 05:16 PM
Thermals, Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
You are in fact swimming upstream because you won't state what problem you are having with the Nano receiver! I DO NOT CARE about any results with ANY other products. This is the XPS Vendor area, and is for supporting XPS products only. If you have an actual problem, please state what that is. I am not sure how much clearer I can make this.

You mentioned in one post that the servo moves only one way, and now you say there are no problems with servos. Which is it? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with OUR products that you are having problems with?

Anyone watching this - am I missing something?
Entirely different subject
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Aug 21, 2018, 05:17 PM
Huh? What is? This is almost like a bad phone connection or something....
Aug 21, 2018, 05:22 PM
Are you, or are you not having a problem with an XPS product?
Aug 21, 2018, 05:43 PM
Thermals, Tom
The two separate issues one more time

Issue One: When using a Nano with one particular engine, the Nano would not operate a MS Mk3 switch. There were no other observed issues reflected in the servos which would’ve been expected because the Nano shares the same superior design in this aspect as Brand___ and Brand —-

Issue Two: With the FG series Futaba with the XPS module: There was an attempt to replace the receiver from Brand___ in a BNF Radian motor glider. The servos travel from center to the end in one direction. In other words: center - up - center; center-left-center .... No down nor right. An explanation was given free of charge along with a wager that this set up with the Nano would work if I tried it with my A9 XPS transmitter. I haven’t been back down to the ranch to verify this yet. If the A9 works but the FG doesn’t , what is your explanation? They both have XPS modules and have worked in other models.
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Aug 21, 2018, 08:18 PM
Wow... I can't believe it has taken you this long to actually list your problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
The two separate issues one more time (you mean for the first time!)

Issue One: When using a Nano with one particular engine, the Nano would not operate a MS Mk3 switch. There were no other observed issues reflected in the servos which would’ve been expected because the Nano shares the same superior design in this aspect as Brand___ and Brand —-
The problem is NOT the Nano receiver. The problem is the MS Mk3 switch. The reason is that there is no ground isolation or filtering built into this device. However, it could very well be that adding a "servo booster" between the Nano and the MS Mk3 would resolve this issue. This is something that you should try, if you want this to work. The servo booster would eliminate the high impedance path and output a higher signal level voltage to the MS Mk3 which could overcome the lack of proper filtering. Optionally, you could add some filtering to the MS Mk3 switch. The Nano works flawlessly with every other ignition system on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
Issue Two: With the FG series Futaba with the XPS module: There was an attempt to replace the receiver from Brand___ in a BNF Radian motor glider. The servos travel from center to the end in one direction. In other words: center - up - center; center-left-center .... No down nor right. An explanation was given free of charge along with a wager that this set up with the Nano would work if I tried it with my A9 XPS transmitter. I haven’t been back down to the ranch to verify this yet. If the A9 works but the FG doesn’t , what is your explanation? They both have XPS modules and have worked in other models.
This would have to be an issue with the FG series Futaba transmitter's PPM output or the servos. ALL XPS transmitter modules use the exact same hardware (just laid out differently to fit the different cases) and firmware. The exact position of the servo is solely dictated by the PPM input signal. Has this transmitter module and receiver ever been used in an aircraft before? If so, you might want to try the receiver with a spare servo to see if it still works. If so, then it would be something to do with the servos in the aircraft.

Quick Reply