This thread is privately moderated by blitzen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 05, 2018, 01:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A Little Miracle

It is spring here in the northeastern U.S. Yesterday morning the sky was cloudy and the air was warm and still. I finally had the perfect conditions to fly a small ultra light quadcopter I had built. The power supply is relatively small so I wasted no time in testing the quadcopter's abilities. The performance was no less than spectacular. I felt elated. Returning to home and descending from a high altitude the quadcopter clipped a thin branch of new growth and spun out of control. The quadcopter was hung up in a leaf cluster helplessly looking down from the 40 foot tree top. Sadly, I sat there on the bench and watched as the battery quickly expired. I went inside and chalked it up as a loss. It would take a strong gale to free it from the entanglement. If it fell at sometime in the future, finding it would be unlikely. All that being said, a dry, and gusty wind kicks up overnight and blows it out of the tree. The next morning, I find it resting right side up, undamaged and in the same spot it took off from. I think that goes beyond being lucky.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply