Nemo 4K UHD Underwater Drone - RC Groups

Nemo 4K UHD Underwater Drone

Nemo is a new submersible drone video platform and it has some features and price points that make it a solid choice.

Splash

4K Video Underwater with Your Own Drone

I love to scuba dive in the ocean on vacation, but my wife isn't able to. She loves seeing the fish while snorkeling, but there's something special about being down under the water that I can't share with her. That's why I think the Nemo is pretty amazing. It lets you stay on the surface and go exploring under the water safely. Nemo is a new submersible drone video platform and it has some features and price points that make it a solid choice.

When you have a camera down under the water, you want it to be stable to enjoy the view. A camera bouncing around in the current can make you seasick, but the Nemo claims to be the worlds most stable underwater drone. It utilizes 4 thrusters to achieve this stability which also allows it to be highly agile and fun to drive. It can dive down to depths of 100M and capture photos and 4K UHD video while also sending a live video feed back to the surface for you to view in real time. 8 LED lights provide plenty of light to see. It has replaceable batteries and it can run up to 3 hours on a single charge so you can relax and enjoy your dive without being rushed.

Nemo is tethered to the surface where a wifi module is located and sends the video feed wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet where you control the drone. It looks intuitive and easy to drive and the OSD provides data like compass heading, battery levels, attitude, depth and temperature. It has controls for speed, depth, direction and photo/video capture.

Nemo is a kickstarter project that launched yesterday and was funded within 18 hours. There's still some Super Early Bird units available for a great deal at just $799. It comes with the Nemo drone, 1 battery, wifi connector with battery and a 30M tether. If you need to go beyond 30M, the All in One kit is available for $1599 which includes a 100M tether, an extra battery, a storage bag and tether cable reel.

Check out the Nemo 4K UHD Underwater Drone Here.

May 10, 2018, 10:49 PM
352nd FG Association
Out of my price range for now, but something to watch for the near future. I can even see these catching on in smaller, more affordable versions for lakes and ponds (shorter range). It'll be a hit with search and rescue teams for sure. Pretty cool!!

Quick Reply