This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 02, 2018, 09:48 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Maule Amphibious Floats: part 1

I put a broom handle on my driveway and placed my Maule on it to find the fulcrum point on the float bottoms. I put my 3200 3S 40 C pack in the battery bay. The fulcrum point turned out to be right where the step is located. So I found a pair of wheels that looked about right and cut out Lite Ply parts. I used 13 min epoxy and a clamp overnight. Measuring the width and length of the “wheel box” I used a box cutter to slice into the hollow floats as close to the step as possible. The nose gear will be a little more complicated as a pushrod will have to be installed to the left nose gear for steering. I would like to make the nose gear swivel forward and up (by hand) for water operations. The mains will stay fixed in place with the additional water drag a compromise. The rudder will be a swivel up and down ( by hand) as well. See pics
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply