Sep 07, 2019, 12:33 PM
Keep in mind when using older technology 2A receivers, no telemetry will be avail as per flysky
I don’t know the transmitters you speak of but I do have small hands and it feels nice and I do have the larger rounded grips on mine much heavier than the FS-i10 but not enough to make a difference to me but keep in mind until we get upgraded software from flysky this is far from a ready transmitter
Last edited by Jacksmobile; Sep 07, 2019 at 12:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 12:34 PM
Oh the switches were easier for me on the i10 but it’s a matter of getting used to them and remember you can’t save any plane set ups without a computer
Last edited by Jacksmobile; Sep 07, 2019 at 12:56 PM.
Sep 07, 2019, 01:05 PM
Im holding off till they put out the upgrade I have a lot of ia6b and ia10b am not going to be buying all new receivers that aren't for sale yet anyway,flysky used to have a us rep at diamond hobby which became the force rc then got ate up by horizon hobby they need another one,it coud be a long time before the upgrade comes out
Sep 07, 2019, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys,
I also have a lot of ia6b and ia10b Rx for my i6X and also sensors... did they say how it will be capable of using AFHDS2... by upgrade only or by using that other module? I mean... I dont personally want to change module back and forth all the time...

Jacksmobile, in what way does it need upgraded software? And what about the screen?
Sep 07, 2019, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmobile
Keep in mind when using older technology 2A receivers, no telemetry will be avail as per flysky
yes, if you use the 9x module....
Sep 07, 2019, 04:04 PM
The screen is buggy for me and flysky has said in an email to me that changes and other features will have to come out when they upgrade the software as of right now you can’t save any plane set ups period I downloaded their upgrade software from their site but it’s not ready yet as it wouldn’t even recognize my transmitter when hooked up to the computer via the usb cord that comes with the package
And flysky said the telemetry would not be backwards compatible

WimH what is this 9x your mentioning ?
Sep 07, 2019, 04:04 PM
WimH what is this 9x your mentioning ?
Sep 08, 2019, 09:36 AM
https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-R...entCountry=BE&
Sep 08, 2019, 11:44 AM
Well I spoke to FlySky and they said the PL-18 cannot use that and have telemetry apparently it’s not backwards compatible to their own older system ...
Sep 08, 2019, 11:50 AM
Here is my correspondence with fly sky see what you guys make of it I tried to be clear in my questions they offered and answer but not much more till I asked the next question ...
Sep 08, 2019, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmobile
Well I spoke to FlySky and they said the PL-18 cannot use that and have telemetry apparently it’s not backwards compatible to their own older system ...
Correct, that module has no telemetry with any tx, nothing to do with the paladin...
Sep 08, 2019, 01:31 PM
mostly gliders
Hello!
As I wrote on the FlySky vendor forum;
The radio looks nice but the RX antennas that seem to be the same / similar to Hitec's Dual Boosted Omni Directional Antenna (BODA) will not be a success, at least not among glider pilots who usually have to mount the active part of the antenna outside of the glider fuselage.

/Ville
Sep 08, 2019, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by liukku
Hello!
As I wrote on the FlySky vendor forum;
The radio looks nice but the RX antennas that seem to be the same / similar to Hitec's Dual Boosted Omni Directional Antenna (BODA) will not be a success, at least not among glider pilots who usually have to mount the active part of the antenna outside of the glider fuselage.

/Ville
Interesting. What would be the better antennas for the gliders?
BTW. Have you seen the FTr16S receiver? 2 grams, 9+ km range and small antennas.
Sep 08, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
BTW. Have you seen the FTr16S receiver? 2 grams, 9+ km range and small antennas.
But thats a non PWM Rx, right?

Gliders dont use FC?
Sep 08, 2019, 03:47 PM
mostly gliders
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Hello montis.
No, I haven't seen any picture on FTr16S. If it is designed for FC / Sbus / ibus then maybe you can use Futaba´s S.Bus Hub´s and s.bus gears?
The main thing is that the antennas are the usual whip antennas, then the FlySky system becomes interesting.

/Ville

Quick Reply