May 02, 2018, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Flysky new transmitter FS-PL18 (former FS-FT10)

Flysky is preparing to release new transmitter - FS-PL18 (earlier was named as FS-FT10). It looks like reborn FS-i18 that was intrduced back in the 2013(!). This time it has hall effect gimbals, proprietary Flysky OS and probably a new rumored protocol AFHDS3.

Paladin PL18 was also called as FT10

Notice the sun shield for the LCD screen

photo source: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=46

User manual: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...l+20190816.pdf

Avilable @

Hobbyking: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flysky-paladin-pl18-2-4ghz-afhds3-18ch-radio-system-m2.html

Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-PL18-Paladin-2_4G-18CH-Radio-Transmitter-with-FS-FTr10-Receiver-HVGA-3_5-Inch-TFT-Touch-Screen-for-RC-FPV-Racing-Drone-Airplane-Helicopter-Vehicle-p-1441613.html

Specifications:
Product Name: Paladin PL18
Channels: 18
Model Type: fixed wing, helicopter, crossing machine, multi-axis, engineering vehicle
RF: 2.4G
RF Power: < 20 dBm
2.4GHz Protocol: AFHDS3
Distance: >3KM
Channel Resolution: 4096
Battery : 1S (3.7V) * 4300mAh (built-in)
Charging Interface : Micro USB / wireless charging
Charging Time: [email protected]/[email protected] (wireless charging)
Life time: > 8h
Low Voltage Warning: <3.7V
Antenna Type : Dual antenna
Display: HVGA 3.5" TFT, 320*480
Language: Chinese and English
Simulator: USB Simulator
Data Interface: USB, Non-standard interface (USART), PHJACK (PPM)
Temperature Range: -10 C - + 60 C
Humidity Range: 20%-95%
Online Update: support
Transmitter Color: black
Dimensions (length x width x height): 214*86.5*192 mm
Body weight : 946g
Certification CE, FCC ID: N4ZFT1800, RCM

Disclaimer: some links may be affiliated.
Last edited by montis; Sep 06, 2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Pictures updated
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2018, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Reserved.
May 02, 2018, 03:06 AM
Thread OP
Will it be released eventually? Will it be priced reasonably? Will it be decent and will it gain popularity?
May 02, 2018, 04:52 AM
Flysky OS says everything. Means closed, means without future. But there is a hope, firmware from NV14, but it suppose to be locked and usage on FlySky units seems to not allowed.
Last edited by qba667; May 02, 2018 at 05:00 AM.
May 02, 2018, 05:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by qba667
Flysky OS says everything. Means closed, means without future. But there is a hope, firmware from NV14, but it suppose to be locked and usage on FlySky units seems to not allowed.
You mean OpenTX for NV14/Dark Knight ? Basically all we need is OpenTX for FT10, support for external module (Crossfire, LRS). Flysky OS is ok, but OpenTX is marginally better.
May 02, 2018, 05:50 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Reserved.
reserved for what ? why don't you post a link to the original poster ? do you want everyone to thank you for you generous collaboration ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=46
May 02, 2018, 07:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
reserved for what ? why don't you post a link to the original poster ? do you want everyone to thank you for you generous collaboration ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=46
Sorry for that. I just tried to gather all the photos of the FS-FT10 that I was able to find to date and post it into the dedicated thread. Didn't want to insult anyone...
May 21, 2018, 10:18 PM
Interesting... Subscribed!
Jul 08, 2018, 10:59 PM
Where?? anywhere does it say upgraded gimbals I went everywhere and not a mention so if it’s not worth bragging about it probably isn’t in there can someone point me in the right direction here even banggood doesn’t mention the upgraded gimbals you would think that would be a selling point .....
Jul 08, 2018, 11:29 PM
Thread OP
Flysky FT10 was renamed to Flysky PL18 (Paladin) 18 channels, hall sensor gimbals. AFHDS3 protocol with 3ms lattency. Everything is only rumored no official specs.
Jul 09, 2018, 07:36 AM
Well I for one hope they do put out the transmitters with Hall sensored gimbals that would be their best step forward and if they offered the replacement Hall effect gimbals for their FS-i10
I can see many of us upgrading our older transmitters I tried for 3 months to get a replacement antenna talked with all the suppliers and FlySky themselves only to be told it’s not cost prohibitive to ship only an antenna from China “really!!!” we all get stuff from China on a weekly basis for next to nothing in shipping I offered to pay $10 shipping for a single antenna only to be turned down by FlySky even Diamond hobbies / Force RC was unsuccessful getting an antenna for me, don’t get me wrong I love my 3 FS-i10s that me and my boys use but their “FlySky”customer service is horrible don’t take my word for it try to order an antenna from them and see for yourself thank goodness I was able to fix my transmitter with another transmitter companies parts well that’s probably more than my 2 cents but there you have it
Jul 09, 2018, 09:12 AM
treefinder
If you want customer service, buy Spektrum, that is their business model, Flysky's is to sell at lower price and provide no after purchase service (to speak of). I'm ok with that, and have three flysky built radios which have served me well (no problems in over 5 years with my tgy 9x), but if know if there is a problem, I will be the service dept. and have to scrounge replacements, or just buy a new radio. They are coming out fast enough to do that now!
Jul 09, 2018, 10:57 AM
I’ll stick with my flysky just didn’t think having a little parts Dept was that much trouble not to mention they could make a profit with that as well by just putting the parts on ebay but it is what it is , it just bites sometimes so close and yet so far ...
Last edited by Jacksmobile; Aug 11, 2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Grammar
Jul 09, 2018, 12:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
If you want customer service, buy Spektrum, that is their business model, Flysky's is to sell at lower price and provide no after purchase service (to speak of). I'm ok with that, and have three flysky built radios which have served me well (no problems in over 5 years with my tgy 9x), but if know if there is a problem, I will be the service dept. and have to scrounge replacements, or just buy a new radio. They are coming out fast enough to do that now!
Sorry but Flysky is way more reliable then Spektrum . Flysky rxs are priced the way they should be and not over priced like Spektrum.
Jul 09, 2018, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
Remember that Flysky is budget radio. Where could you find the other manufacturer, that sells the their radio for $38 shipped? https://www.banggood.com/FlySky-i6-F...l?rmmds=search
It is worth every penny!

I think that Flysky is the best radio system for beginners and (probably) also for advanced pilots.

Flysky was my main radio for the past 8 years. Now I'm slowly transitioning to the FrSky because of the OpenTX and many other things. But still recommend Flysky as first radio.

As for the parts - you can get 9x gimbals, mainboard and i6 mainboard as spare parts. Pretty sure thats all that you could need for the budget radio to repair.

If Flysky releases their newest models with OpenTX and AFHDS3, hall gimbals and etc. this will be the hudge step towards the higher league where Frsky is the king now.

Quick Reply