Apr 29, 2018, 11:24 PM
Fast electric boats maybe
Thread OP
Discussion

Volantex Vector 70

I checked all the posts and didnt see anyone jacking up a vector 70 on 4s and decent electrics in it , I got one coming to see how bad I can destroy it .
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2018, 01:37 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Volantex Blade is similar. Check those threads out.
Apr 30, 2018, 05:58 AM
The Blade is a stepped mono, the Vector is straight v bottom. I much prefer the straight bottom mono's as they turn better @ higher speeds than the stepped hulls generally. Stepped mono's also don't run as well if overpowered.
Apr 30, 2018, 03:41 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Yeah, but the mods are similar. You might find something useful to use in yours. Have fun with it!
Apr 30, 2018, 04:30 PM
How much was it Jeff?? Had my eye on those. Looks pretty nice for the price.

What are you doing to the poor thing
Apr 30, 2018, 04:50 PM
That’s boat offers tremendous bang for the buck, curious to see what you do with it. Haven’t used mine in months and the itch for some 4s power has been creeping
Apr 30, 2018, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Volantex Blade is similar. Check those threads out.
Thanks Air for the info buddy.
Apr 30, 2018, 07:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh50
The Blade is a stepped mono, the Vector is straight v bottom. I much prefer the straight bottom mono's as they turn better @ higher speeds than the stepped hulls generally. Stepped mono's also don't run as well if overpowered.
Yes its a strait hull so thats what I wanted to play with , thanks for the info.
Apr 30, 2018, 07:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
How much was it Jeff?? Had my eye on those. Looks pretty nice for the price.

What are you doing to the poor thing
Well I dont know yet Panhead til I get my hands and eyes on it, got it off Amazon for $85 PNP so we will see what developes , I have enough spare parts around here I shouldnt have to buy anything else for it , I know im gonna put all metal parts on the back of it first off and may take the stock motor out and put a decent motor mount in just to have the adjustability needed , I think it has a 4mm propshaft not quite sure yet but it may get changed too , just brainstorming at the moment just to get a idea what im working with , I know one thing its going to go fast or break in half one of the two lol.
Apr 30, 2018, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
Thatís boat offers tremendous bang for the buck, curious to see what you do with it. Havenít used mine in months and the itch for some 4s power has been creeping
Thats what I was thinking a 27" hull needs 4s power to have fun with it .
May 01, 2018, 05:47 AM
The 27" includes the rudder, the actual hull is 24". They also use a 3mm flex with 4mm stub shaft.
May 01, 2018, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh50
The 27" includes the rudder, the actual hull is 24". They also use a 3mm flex with 4mm stub shaft.
I had suspected that too its only a couple feet long hull , they have it saying hull lenght is 700mm thats B.S. ,
May 01, 2018, 05:35 PM
Volantex size all their boats in this way, its probably to make their boats seem bigger than they are. Take the Vector 80 which makes you believe you are getting an 800mm boat, what your actually getting is a 730mm boat.
May 01, 2018, 06:05 PM
The vector 80 also offers a lot of bang for the buck, they’re on eBay just south of 200$ USD for a 4s boat that’s about 30 inches. Not bad at all, someone here raced one, I can’t remember the user but the boat has some potential.

Quick Reply