Jun 10, 2018, 05:44 AM
This is the site of the museum:

https://www.arts-et-metiers.net

Been there... twice same for Munich technology Museum: https://www.deutsches-museum.de/en

Not decided yet which is the must to be seen
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2018, 12:32 PM
Any bets there will be a $100+ price reduction on the Mavic shortly?
Jun 10, 2018, 12:38 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Mavic has had a few discounts for the last few months and tbh itís due to for a drop anyway as they usually do after 18 months. The Pro is not really the competitor, not sure the Air is tbh as other than camera overlap is limited.
Jun 10, 2018, 02:14 PM
Tweaker

Parrot's New Drone Anafi

I agree that the Pro is not in the same class but this frankly kills the Air in my book.
Here's why;
21mp camera
40% longer flight time.
1/2 the weight.
Much quieter.
Same range.
Same 100mb video bit rate.
Possibly faster setup.
Land/takeoff on a TX button.
No GEO
No OA sensors (I always have mine off anyway).
Possibly new and better auto modes.
Ability to look up.
Lossless Zoom.

All assuming it all works as advertised. Also, I have no issue with in-app purchases as long as they add real value and are reasonable.

All I want beyond this is an SDK so Litchi can work their magic. Edit, it appears that they do or will have an SDK.

Again, if this works out, my Spark and Air are gone. My Mavic will go only if a Mavic 2 comes out with occusync that is compatible with my 2nd TX and goggles otherwise I pass on DJI for a while and enjoy what I have.
Last edited by RemE; Jun 11, 2018 at 10:35 AM.
Jun 10, 2018, 05:46 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Any bets there will be a $100+ price reduction on the Mavic shortly?
One can regularly purchase a new mavic with a second battery included for $899.
You can also buy a new mavic unit for $700 from a dealer who sells here. So far noone has bitten on it since it was posted back about 4 days ago.
Anafi, me thinks, is causing some pause.

It certainly is an intriguing new entry into the market, and I also paused purchasing another Spark FMC or Mavic in favor of waiting to see how the Anafi is once it gets into the hands of regular joe consumer's here.
Jun 10, 2018, 05:56 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Part of Anafi's attraction for me is what it doesn't have. I have a Pro and it's impressive hardware wise but...

No GEO, no obstacle avoidance, no GO4.... DJI's follow modes are next to useless for me burdened with nagware. Parrot is getting significantly longer flight times with less weight than the Air devoid of these unwanted features.

But the proof will be in the field when I get mine; my Bebop 2 was a great performer sans the camera.
Jun 10, 2018, 06:59 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Part of Anafi's attraction for me is what it doesn't have. I have a Pro and it's impressive hardware wise but...

No GEO, no obstacle avoidance, no GO4.... DJI's follow modes are next to useless for me burdened with nagware. Parrot is getting significantly longer flight times with less weight than the Air devoid of these unwanted features.

But the proof will be in the field when I get mine; my Bebop 2 was a great performer sans the camera.
And don't forget..it doesn't have any mandatory imposed GEO

lol.

I actually like the idea of paying for some smart shot I may need, and not having to pay for those I don't think I'll need.
Jun 10, 2018, 08:32 PM
Anybody have a link to some RAW photos from this thing?
Last edited by Jagerbomb52; Jun 10, 2018 at 08:58 PM.
Jun 11, 2018, 12:29 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
I actually like the idea of paying for some smart shot I may need, and not having to pay for those I don't think I'll need.
I'm not sure how Free Flight 6 will work but I liked Free Flight Pro with my Bebop 2. Video feed was always solid but there were a few oddities.

You had the option to ground or hand launch which I found useful. If motionless on the ground the app would display Takeoff. When you picked up the Bebop 2 motion was sensed and the app would switch to "hand launch". Hand launching was easy but you don't want to hand catch a Bebop 2

I could not find a reliable way to land other than use the land button. I would hover a couple feet above the ground hit the land button and the Bebop 2 would drop to the ground; Anafi looks to land more gentle. I hope Anafi let's us fly to the ground and disarm.

I feel the Smart shots should be included standard but I guess Parrot wants to get back development costs. I purchased a Bebop 2 Adventurer so it came with a code to activate Follow Me but not waypoints.

In either case Parrots Follow mode was excellent in the X, Y and Z axis. The patented simultaneous use of GPS and optical tracking kept the subject well centered and locked in even at high speed with elevation changes. I have no problem paying for something that works vs some other manufacturers giving it away free when it doesn't.

I never purchased waypoints but watched some videos and Free Flight Pro did very good
Jun 11, 2018, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
I agree that the Pro is not in the same class but this frankly kills the Air in my book.
Here's why;
20mp camera
40% longer flight time.
1/2 the weight.
Much quieter.
Same range.
Same 100mb video bit rate.
Possibly faster setup.
Land/takeoff on a TX button.
No GEO
No OA sensors (I always have mine off anyway).
Possibly new and better auto modes.
Ability to look up.
Lossless Zoom.

All assuming it all works as advertised. Also, I have no issue with in-app purchases as long as they add real value and are reasonable.

All I want beyond this is an SDK so Litchi can work their magic.

Again, if this works out, my Spark and Air are gone. My Mavic will go only if a Mavic 2 comes out with occusync that is compatible with my 2nd TX and goggles otherwise I pass on DJI for a while and enjoy what I have.
Some interesting numbers you got there. Are you aware it's using a smaller sensor size than the DJI gear?
Jun 11, 2018, 02:03 AM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
Some interesting numbers you got there. Are you aware it's using a smaller sensor size than the DJI gear?
Which one?
Jun 11, 2018, 02:18 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e

My understanding is that its 21Mpixl sensor is larger than Spark, Mavic Air, and Mavic. And this is in that class machine.
Jun 11, 2018, 03:07 AM
Fear only fear in life
Following
Jun 11, 2018, 04:42 AM
SteveS
Will have to look more into this little quad. I have had no issues with geo so far, however I will need to fly near an airport in the future......with permission of course. Much much rather not have geo.
Looks like a quality product, and that upward looking camera can be very useful for me as well
Jun 11, 2018, 04:53 AM
Parrot ANAFI 4K at Happy Island (Union) (1 min 40 sec)

Well, this is 4K Video from Anafi. Like it or not?

Quick Reply