Jan 18, 2020, 11:29 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
Wow that's cheap. I may have to pick up pair and give them a go, rude not to at that price. Thanks for the heads up
I picked up a pair of the Viotech but they don't work for me. It may be my eyes but the magnification of the lenses is too high such that I can't see the whole smart phone screen. Hence I can't see the controls and status icons around the edge of the freeflight screen.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2020, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
I picked up a pair of the Viotech but they don't work for me. It may be my eyes but the magnification of the lenses is too high such that I can't see the whole smart phone screen. Hence I can't see the controls and status icons around the edge of the freeflight screen.
Mine are on their way. Will let you know how I get on with them.
Jan 18, 2020, 04:08 PM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Mine are on their way. Will let you know how I get on with them.
That would be helpful. I can't believe it would work for anyone except if you have a little tiny phone
Jan 18, 2020, 04:33 PM
You maybe right the Viotek's may be made for smaller phones. I will give them a go, at least they were cheap enough so no big loss if they don't work out.
Jan 18, 2020, 06:54 PM
Wisconsin
Quote:
You maybe right the Viotek's may be made for smaller phones. I will give them a go, at least they were cheap enough so no big loss if they don't work out.
Yes and I think they are a good idea, especially being able to fold. It really sucks that Parrot won't sell the cockpitglasses separately.
Jan 20, 2020, 07:17 AM
Have just seen the first results with the Anafi impersonator Dragonfly KK13 and it's quite simple and as expected: don't get it if you want half decent aerial images and/or video footage! Disappointing range, control issues (weird yawing), gimbal works but not very well, vibrations, but most of all: problems with getting pictures and video onto the onboard card (gets corrupted). Some of these problems might be fixable with firmware updates; I may be wrong but I for one have the feeling this manufacturer won't spend much time trying to correct all the faults/glitches/problems as this is just too much of a toy-grade quad.
Jan 20, 2020, 09:51 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Have just seen the first results with the Anafi impersonator Dragonfly KK13 and it's quite simple and as expected: don't get it if you want half decent aerial images and/or video footage! Disappointing range, control issues (weird yawing), gimbal works but not very well, vibrations, but most of all: problems with getting pictures and video onto the onboard card (gets corrupted). Some of these problems might be fixable with firmware updates; I may be wrong but I for one have the feeling this manufacturer won't spend much time trying to correct all the faults/glitches/problems as this is just too much of a toy-grade quad.
I don't credit that review very much. He complains about it not being stable for the moment he powers up and prop wash is hitting the ground, as soon as it takes off it is stable. He does not appear to do the calibrations which could account for the yaw problem. The video looks good to me. He loses view quickly but he flies under high tension power lines. ETC ETC

He says the follow me works. It looks much better than I would have expected for $159.

I'll wait to see for myself.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:46 AM
Quote:
I don't credit that review very much. He complains about it not being stable for the moment he powers up and prop wash is hitting the ground, as soon as it takes off it is stable. He does not appear to do the calibrations which could account for the yaw problem. The video looks good to me. He loses view quickly but he flies under high tension power lines. ETC ETC

He says the follow me works. It looks much better than I would have expected for $159.

I'll wait to see for myself.
It seems to fly alright besides that weird yaw that he showed, but I really didn't like the problems that Half Chrome had with the KK13 camera (not really recording to onboard card/tested several different cards), the bad connection/bad range and the not very impressive gimbal. Maybe that was just a glitch on his copy; guess we'll see what other KK13 buyers have to say.
Jan 20, 2020, 06:30 PM
From that video I doubt it's going to be anywhere near as good as the Parrot Anafi. Hopefully some more reviews come out as he may just have got a defective unit.
Jan 24, 2020, 07:30 AM
Vioteks have arrived. Will give them a go at some point
Jan 24, 2020, 01:30 PM
Quote:
That would be helpful. I can't believe it would work for anyone except if you have a little tiny phone
So I tried them and they work with smaller phones like an iphone 6/7 size

The Vioteks are compatible and you can set the FPV interface to what suits best, either Cockpit 2 or even Google Daydream. Both views looked fine.
Last edited by ekkostar; Jan 24, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
Jan 26, 2020, 10:49 AM
Only electrons, Martha
Quote:
Sounds good what do you plan on coding for it ?
open sourced it: https://github.com/synman/groundsdk-manifest

and integrating it into AR.Pro
Feb 02, 2020, 11:28 AM

KK-13 Dragonfly (Anafi Clone Drone)

For those wondering if this clone drone could be a Parrot Anafi killer? ... probably not.

and here is its flight demonstration.
KK-13 Dragonfly Brushless GPS 2 Axis Gimbal Drone Flight Test Review (54 min 21 sec)
Feb 02, 2020, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
For those wondering if this clone drone could be a Parrot Anafi killer? ... probably not.
I don't think it was realistically ever going to be an Anafi killer. You get what you pay for and it looks just a cheap clone. A poor effort really.
Feb 08, 2020, 06:58 PM
Hello everyone!!! 😁

Did anyone else notice what I am experiencing this morning?

Left stick all the way down,
right stick all the way forward:
Anafi yaws without control.

In other words:
pitch" all the way down
+ "movement" all the way forward...
Anafi rotates on Z axis without any reason, "nose" pointing to the left and then to the right.

Pre-take-off calibration performed ... any ideas? 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply