Aug 13, 2019, 10:51 AM
Big motor anything can fly
So is this like the official anafi owners thread?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 04:02 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshots
So is this like the official anafi owners thread?
Unless you can find another on this site with more than 3000 posts...I'd say this is your play land There is also this one off site, probably a Farcebook one or two out there as well :https://parrotpilots.com/forums/anafi.6/
Aug 21, 2019, 08:31 AM
Parrot now has Anafi OEM parts are on amazon I noticed, must have been within the week.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby
Parrot now has Anafi OEM parts are on amazon I noticed, must have been within the week.
Very cool. Motors only 17USD too. Thanks.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:23 AM
Well if anyone was waiting to get their wrecked anafi going, here is your chance.
Aug 30, 2019, 05:35 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Parrot's New Drone Anafi

Get your wallets ready Anafi lovers

Just another manic Monday coming up
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Aug 30, 2019 at 11:43 AM.
Aug 30, 2019, 11:00 AM

Parrot's New Drone Anafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I used metal wire around the central part like you indicated; there it will apply force evenly over the glued part. No need for any indents as it tightened itself in place at that position.

Although the crash damage conversation is old now I have a simple repair method that could help others in the future.

If a break occurs in an area where some amount of ďfree spaceĒ remains on both sides of it you can use either 3/4oz fiberglass or carbon fiber to make a long term repair. Carbon fiber works best but most will find the fiberglass easier to find as it can be bought at most hobby shops, and itís fairly cheap.

When I mentioned 3/4oz the weight was referencing what it weighs per square yard. Itís very light. Note that fiberglass adheres well to bare, clean carbon fiber and the repair method has been used extensively on larger military UAVís. Iíve done many, many composite repairs using these methods.

Iíll describe the Ďglass method first as it is also easier to perform. Use 400g wet or dry sandpaper to lightly scuff the surface of the broken part. Clean the carbon with denatured alcohol. Any strength percentage is fine.

Cut a piece of fiberglass to a size that will wrap completely around the boom and extend past both sides of the break 1/2Ē or as much as possible if the break is near something that limits the extended length of the fiberglass.

End glue the broken boom using medium CA glue (carbon fiber lives CA glue) to keep it in position during the glassing process.

Obtain and don surgical gloves of your choice. I use Latex but some are allergic to Latex.

Two different methods can be used to apply the glass so Iíll describe both.

Lay the glass over the break and hold it there while applying just a drop of med CA glue to the edge of the glass. Using a gloved finger, rub the glue into the edge if the glass and onto the carbon fiber. Do this the full length at the edge of the glass. It will bond instantly. Pull the glass tight around the boom. Continue adding small amounts of CA glue and rubbing it onto the glass, ďwalkingĒ the glass around the boom until it is completely secured to the boom. Once bonded the repair is done. If you were neat you should add a second layer of glass.

The second method uses 15 or 30 minute epoxy and again starts with end glueing the broken boom with CA glue and scuffing the boom surface with 400g sandpaper. You will also need a piece of Saran wrap or similar, some wax paper, and some rubberized electrical tape. To add a second layer requires you to be careful and neat with the first layer and wrap the second layer over the first while the first is still wet. The alternative is to repeat the whole process.

Lay the glass on a large piece of wax paper. Wet the fiberglass with epoxy. You donít want the glass dripping wet but it does need to be fully saturated.

Wrap the glass around the broken boom and rub it onto the boom to remove air bubbles from under the glass.

Wearing a clean, dry surgical glove, wrap the wet glass with Saran wrap.

Use electrical tape over the Saran wrap to tightly bond the glass to the boom. Wrapping the glass with tape also makes for a very smooth finish when the epoxy dries.

Once dry, remove and discard the tape and Saran wrap. The Saran wrap does not stick to epoxy.

If you obtain some carbon fiber cloth use the epoxy and Saran wrap method as carbon needs the pressure of the tape to create the best bond and the pressure also causes the carbon cloth to flatten and lay in a thinner layer. If the tape is pulled tight all the excess epoxy will be forced out of the carbon, leaving a very thin, very strong layer of carbon that will be hardly discernible on top of the boom. It will also have a high gloss finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by PatR; Aug 30, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
Aug 30, 2019, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Get your wallets ready Anafi lovers

Just another manic Monday coming up
It's manic at the moment with various versions of FF6 available on Google Play and the Parrot website.
Aug 30, 2019, 02:36 PM
Won't it make 1 arm heavier, that may be a problem.
Aug 30, 2019, 04:38 PM

Parrot's New Drone Anafi

Of course it will cause one boom to be heavier but the amount of change using fiberglass is very small and the FC can easily compensate.

Remember, the weight class of the fiberglass I referenced is only 3/4 ounce per square yard, or 21 grams. The amount of glass used on a boom amounts to only a couple square inches at most. My estimate of the total weight of such a repair to be under 4 grams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 31, 2019, 05:30 AM

Parrot's New Drone Anafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
It's manic at the moment with various versions of FF6 available on Google Play and the Parrot website.

Something old, something new, something yet to come to change the perspective .
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Aug 31, 2019, 06:45 AM
Fpv?
Aug 31, 2019, 08:11 AM
My guess is FPV racer quad just from the sound of the props from the teaser they had posted.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1167380869943894017
Aug 31, 2019, 08:24 AM
FPV what interesting idea .
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Aug 31, 2019, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Got an USB3 current meter (this one) so even without a hobbygrade charger with its handy info-screen, I can still keep an eye on how much goes into the battery. Very handy little gadget to check on USB charging and such. Do make sure to get the USB3 version; the other versions will not charge at the high rate!
I donít have the usb3 version. Iím testing mine on my iPhone now (my ix12 is in the shop). Will the charging current decrease to zero when the phone is fullly. charged. Is that the same for the ix12?

Quick Reply