Apr 29, 2018, 01:32 PM
Discussion

Xps 24 wish list

Now I've had a chance to use the xps 24 I thought I'd throw out a few suggestions. None of which are a deal breaker since the xps 24 seems to be a excellent product.

1 make it a bit smaller.

2 possibly put both the labels and pins on top. It would make inserting connectors easier to pin especially after the unit is installed. We looked into mounting areas and on a couple of our planes it was a bit close to a bulkhead to be able to access connectors.

3 kind of goes with #1 but take off the display and make it USB interfaced. Kind of like how we deal with our heli fbl controller.

4 as a Jeti user be able to monitor batteries and such via telemetry.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2018, 11:04 PM
1) Not possible, but it is the perfect size for 25% size and up 3D and scale aircraft, jets, etc. I have never heard anyone think it is too large at just 3.6" X 3.8" in size.

2) I talked to literally thousands of people over a 5 year period that this products was being developed and the number one thing that people wanted was the pins on the sides, and not the top! This makes installations much easier and eliminates the constant wire strain from the 180 degree angle that wires have to make when plugged in vertically.

3) You could use a USB interface and our software for setup, but feedback from trade shows and fly-ins was to have a display. Because of this there is no software for the X24 yet (like there is for the X10+). I may end up releasing "X-Control" software specifically for the X10+ and X24. The display can be removed from the enclosure and mounted somewhere else in the aircraft, which was a requested feature.

4) I will look at adding telemetry support.
Jul 24, 2018, 01:56 PM
Reviving this thread....

got a couple of XPS24 for use with Jeti. It would be great if the XPS24 could read the full 24 channels, instead of being limited to UDI16.
Not sure if Jeti makes the information needed publicly available though...
Jul 25, 2018, 08:40 PM
I will look into this. The X24 can read up to 256 channels using the XPS protocol.
Jul 25, 2018, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
I will look into this. The X24 can read up to 256 channels using the XPS protocol.
That will be awesome and should bring on some more Jeti guys!

Quick Reply