Jul 09, 2019, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Channel 5 is rates
Channel 6 on a 3 position switch adjusts the ailerons to a slight alternating positive or negative angle.
Channel 8 switches between standard controls and aileron/ rudder mix
Channel 11 is elevator trim.

I've tried reversing every channel up to 20 with no results, simply reversing should turn the gyros on/off

Strange little thing.
That is what I've found too.. channel 6 8 now I'll have to assign channel 11.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2019, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBoi
Has anyone figured out a way to totally disable the auto level?
That is indeed the question everybody would like the answer to!

I feel this model has huge possibilities if it could be flown fully manually. Instead, I find myself flying the WLToys F959 instead, because although it is only 3 channels and therefore far more limited, at least I can fully explore its potential without restrictions being imposed on me by the automation.
Jul 09, 2019, 10:43 PM
It does not ... ( Cant turn off auto level )

3D 6G , both auto level ..

The XK A800 flies a lot better in 3D mode ..
Jul 10, 2019, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
It does not ... ( Cant turn off auto level )

3D 6G , both auto level ..

The XK A800 flies a lot better in 3D mode ..
I think so too but I assigned the 3d mode to an easy to use switch on my Jumper and pop it into acro when I feel like doing loops and some yank and banks..
Has anyone set up a Flapperon mix since it has two aileron servos..
that might be handy to use.

Landing in 6G is sure simple.. just point it at you cut the throttle and catch it in you hands..
Jul 10, 2019, 10:26 PM
Can this plane be purchased bind and fly?
Jul 10, 2019, 11:54 PM
Quote:
I think so too but I assigned the 3d mode to an easy to use switch on my Jumper and pop it into acro when I feel like doing loops and some yank and banks..
Has anyone set up a Flapperon mix since it has two aileron servos..
that might be handy to use.

Landing in 6G is sure simple.. just point it at you cut the throttle and catch it in you hands..
Flaperon ?

I think both servos are driven from one channel ..
So how you would split them ?
Jul 11, 2019, 11:40 AM

I kinda have a big problem with this plane

I recently received the xk a800 and the first flight was great. Went out for a second flight and the prop flew off. After I looked at it, I realized that it wasn't the prop that came off, it was the golden piece that friction fits into the motor shaft then screws into the prop/cone. Wanted to know if I just got the unlucky batch or if this has happened to anyone else and how did you fix it? Trying to avoid ordering a new motor as it wouldn't get here in time for an upcoming RC event this weekend. Please help.
Jul 11, 2019, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeRc919
I recently received the xk a800 and the first flight was great. Went out for a second flight and the prop flew off. After I looked at it, I realized that it wasn't the prop that came off, it was the golden piece that friction fits into the motor shaft then screws into the prop/cone. Wanted to know if I just got the unlucky batch or if this has happened to anyone else and how did you fix it? Trying to avoid ordering a new motor as it wouldn't get here in time for an upcoming RC event this weekend. Please help.
You could try putting a piece of thread through the hole in the brass piece then pushing it back onto the shaft, trapping the thread between the shaft and the piece. Use a modelling knife to cut off any excess thread still sticking out. I've used that trick many times for props and even for pinions and it usually works.
Jul 12, 2019, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
Flaperon ?

I think both servos are driven from one channel ..
So how you would split them ?
How is that possible? Seems the would both respond the same but they dont.
Jul 12, 2019, 03:19 AM
Quote:
How is that possible? Seems the would both respond the same but they dont.
Hmmmmmmm , Well !

All channels have been pretty much explored ..
So if they were set up on a different channel ?

So just like any other set up , you can feed two servos into one channel VIA a split er / or in this case a double'r ...( Y harness )
One would need to pull the wing off ..
Either way , both servos function VIA the one channel , whether it is a Y harness or a function of the control board ..

Actually , I have a XK A800 control board ...
Last edited by old4570; Jul 12, 2019 at 03:31 AM.
Aug 04, 2019, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Had a bit of a crash earlier today with my A800. With my A700 out of commission some time ago with a FCB failure, my A800 was now my 'go to' plane for easy flying with a small video-cam onboard. First battery today went okay although I though power went down quite early in the flight. Second battery went just fine, that is till all of a sudden I didn't have any control anymore, except for throttle It was spiraling down and before I knew it, the A800 crashed. Checked again (after powering down) and indeed only throttle control left Looks like the FCB of my A800 kicked the bucket, just like it happened to my A700
Aug 04, 2019, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Had a bit of a crash earlier today with my A800. With my A700 out of commission some time ago with a FCB failure, my A800 was now my 'go to' plane for easy flying with a small video-cam onboard. First battery today went okay although I though power went down quite early in the flight. Second battery went just fine, that is till all of a sudden I didn't have any control anymore, except for throttle It was spiraling down and before I knew it, the A800 crashed. Checked again (after powering down) and indeed only throttle control left Looks like the FCB of my A800 kicked the bucket, just like it happened to my A700
Did you try it again with a fully charged battery? If so, you should before you throw it away. Usually if there is a low voltage cutout it will switch off the throttle rather than the servos, but best to be sure. I have a rule of thumb "if there is the slightest possibility a battery could be causing your problem, check that first"! And when I say "battery", I include the connector!
Aug 05, 2019, 05:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1auriec
Did you try it again with a fully charged battery? If so, you should before you throw it away. Usually if there is a low voltage cutout it will switch off the throttle rather than the servos, but best to be sure. I have a rule of thumb "if there is the slightest possibility a battery could be causing your problem, check that first"! And when I say "battery", I include the connector!
Just tested it with another, freshly charged battery and still only have throttle control, nothing else.
Aug 06, 2019, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Just tested it with another, freshly charged battery and still only have throttle control, nothing else.
There goes one theory. At least spares are available, here.

Replacement looks easy, need to remove the wing first though.
Aug 07, 2019, 03:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1auriec
There goes one theory. At least spares are available, here.

Replacement looks easy, need to remove the wing first though.
Already have a FCB on its way

Quick Reply