Jun 18, 2019, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDazNinja
Well I have had some success with the iRangeX iRX6 multi protocol module that I recently bought used. I have managed to bind the FS I6X and the iRX6 with the A800 using the rudder right, aileron left and elevator down setting and then I just needed to programme in the dual rates on switch A and the gyro or 6g/3d mode is using channel 8 so I have set that up on switch B then set up a throttle kill switch on switch D for extra safety. Seems to be working fine on the bench but I will update once I have got a chance to take her out.
Brilliant! Looking forward to the test.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 06:07 AM
FWIW - I found out yesterday that the oblong adaptor on the shaft of the N60 does come off - well it did during a recent 'unconventional landing' <cough>! Looking down the inside of the adaptor, the motor shaft appears to be fixed with a tiny compression fitting.
Jun 20, 2019, 09:27 AM
Ordered some XK A800 bits ...
Will most likely go into a Depron build ...
Jun 24, 2019, 03:27 AM
anybody know if the stock transmitter for it has a trainer port or usb connector so i can use it with a sim?
Jun 24, 2019, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingade
anybody know if the stock transmitter for it has a trainer port or usb connector so i can use it with a sim?
No there is nothing like that with the controller.
Jun 24, 2019, 05:37 AM
Quote:
No there is nothing like that with the controller.
thanks
Jun 28, 2019, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtolharrierbnice
is there any advantage in adjusting aileron links such that neutral gives a little flap?

Would this provide a lower more stable thermal speed (albeit at the xpense of hi-speed drag)
?
I have tried this, shortening the links about three revs each. The plane does indeed fly noticeably slower, and makes for a far better trainer with this amount of flap in. This actually does not noticeably shorten the motoring time either.

BTW, has anyone tried this plane with a 2s LiHV? It should be able to suck up a significantly larger percentage of the pack with the extra 0.15 volts.

Also, changing the stock FCB to just a bare rx and the motor to brushless would be beneficial (mainly because the autostabilization is driving me nuts). However two things are holding me back. First, the tail servos seem to be soldered/glued directly to the board, and second, I can't find neither a brushless motor with a mount that is compatible with the stock folding prop, nor a folding prop with a standard mount.
Jun 28, 2019, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanza
Is this plane's fuse big enough to hold a 2S made of 18650 LiIons and an Airbot F4 for long range?
18650s... Probably not, unless you really gut it out to accomodate them. 16340s, on the other hand, would fit perfectly.
The problem with li-ions on this ship, though, is that it has a very high cutoff voltage under which the motor power drops considerably, and liions deliver most of their capacity at even lower cell voltages than lipos. Also, brushed motor...

It would probably make more sense to pick a different airframe; this one seems more like a short range fun flyer/sloper.
Jun 28, 2019, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefixcactus
I have tried this, shortening the links about three revs each. The plane does indeed fly noticeably slower, and makes for a far better trainer with this amount of flap in. This actually does not noticeably shorten the motoring time either.

BTW, has anyone tried this plane with a 2s LiHV? It should be able to suck up a significantly larger percentage of the pack with the extra 0.15 volts.

Also, changing the stock FCB to just a bare rx and the motor to brushless would be beneficial (mainly because the autostabilization is driving me nuts). However two things are holding me back. First, the tail servos seem to be soldered/glued directly to the board, and second, I can't find neither a brushless motor with a mount that is compatible with the stock folding prop, nor a folding prop with a standard mount.
WLtoys F959 prop ... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...F959-propeller

Should press fit onto 1.8mm / 2mm shafts .. + You can reverse the prop ( Pusher / tractor )
Jul 07, 2019, 05:50 PM
Will the Jumper T16 bind with this plane?
Jul 07, 2019, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboi
will the jumper t16 bind with this plane?

yes !
Jul 09, 2019, 07:03 PM

Flying the A800 using Flysky i6x + iRangeX iRX6 Module

Quote:
Well I have had some success with the iRangeX iRX6 multi protocol module that I recently bought used. I have managed to bind the FS I6X and the iRX6 with the A800 using the rudder right, aileron left and elevator down setting and then I just needed to programme in the dual rates on switch A and the gyro or 6g/3d mode is using channel 8 so I have set that up on switch B then set up a throttle kill switch on switch D for extra safety. Seems to be working fine on the bench but I will update once I have got a chance to take her out.
A quick update for those wanting to know about it. After the initial setup of the TX and module, all the controls seemed to be working as they should but I was worried about range and reliability ect. I am very happy to say that the range of the combo is at least as good as the standard remote and I have no drop out issues using the A800 around my normal flying field which is around 400 feet radius.

The iRX6 module does not use a lot of power at all, the little 1S 250mah lipo I use to power it is still at 4.1 volts after 4 flights. The iRX6 Module is very lightweight and compact and I don't even notice its there when I'm flying. I leave the module plugged into the TX when flying my other models using Flysky receivers, but I do have to disconnect the lipo before binding with them or otherwise the TX thinks its still looking for the A800.

I still think that the standard transmitter is pretty good for a toy grade unit but the Flysky transmitter is so much more smoother and sensitive to use in general and of course you can customise the setup and positioning of the switches, adjust dual rates and expo, even add throttle hold, kill switches and failsafes ect. and its a big plus not having to take 2 transmitters out to the field when I go flying.
Jul 09, 2019, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropHeadSteve
Has anyone successfully bound their A800 to a Devo, Jumper, or other multi-protocol transmitter? I have the A600 and A430 that both fly beautifully with my Devo10, but I'm not going to bother with the A800 if I can't bind it to my Devo.
I bound mine to my Jumper T16 and assigned a channel for 3g and 6g flying..
Piece of cake and it flys better with the higher resolution pots.
Jul 09, 2019, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBoi
Will the Jumper T16 bind with this plane?
Yes select Mult Kn WLtoys for the Mode assign channel 8 for the 3g 5g stability rates.
At least that is what I used and it works fine and is smoother flying.
Thanks this is what I used.
Jul 09, 2019, 09:07 PM
Has anyone figured out a way to totally disable the auto level?

Quick Reply