May 25, 2019, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
U can buy new motors for like $7 .. If you kill the motor ..
Yes, but for $1 without the brass piece.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 04:58 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
There is probably an easier way ......................

https://www.banggood.com/custlink/3mD3VRTYhZ

The F959 is a folding prop but reversed, it is stuck in place with a little glue. Iam sure that you could push the retaining pins out, flip the props over and make a folding prop identical to the XK but which is held in place by glue/friction rather than requiring the brass hex adapter.

May 25, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
The F959 is a folding prop but reversed, it is stuck in place with a little glue. Iam sure that you could push the retaining pins out, flip the props over and make a folding prop identical to the XK but which is held in place by glue/friction rather than requiring the brass hex adapter.
Interesting idea. Inspired by your post, I took the spare prop that came with my A800 and compared it with the F959 one and found that the prop blades are identical, just as you say. Unfortunately the F959 doesn't come with a spare - but then,as it's a pusher, you're probably never going to break it.
Last edited by 1auriec; May 25, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
May 25, 2019, 08:03 PM
I found the prop on She-Bay and ordered two .
A few projects on the back burner that might benefit from such .

Thanks scousethief
May 27, 2019, 08:34 PM
I nosed my A800 into the ground and the motor/prop is making a frictiony noise.

The 959 was my second winged plane and now I think it’s a better airframe for a trainer. I rewatched a review I did of it a couple years ago and the flight time was exactly the same as the A800.

If I moved the electronics over I would just have to swap FCs and add the flap servos and arms.
May 27, 2019, 08:40 PM
I did the same to mine last week and have ordered 2 motors from China. I was also just thinking about the F959 and swapping the control board ect. What happened to the XK A700?
May 28, 2019, 04:14 AM
Thank you for your advice and replies to my earlier message - much appreciated. Incidentally, I tried ploughing our club's FF with my A800 and although I bent the prop shaft I managed to straighten it - removed the motor then pliers and a vice helped! I also dipped the nose into some hot water which has (more or less) straightened the nose but please remember to remove the plastic motor mount that is embedded in the nose before you use very hot water - it warps!
May 29, 2019, 04:22 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1auriec
Interesting idea. Inspired by your post, I took the spare prop that came with my A800 and compared it with the F959 one and found that the prop blades are identical, just as you say. Unfortunately the F959 doesn't come with a spare - but then,as it's a pusher, you're probably never going to break it.

Cool, it removes the issue of the brass hex adapter, it would be nice if we could find the prop blades cheaply now.

Maybe something like
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/folding-...-5x3-2pcs.html
Last edited by scousethief; May 29, 2019 at 04:30 PM.
Jun 07, 2019, 04:50 PM
Yay new motors have arrived from China. I have already fitted and tested it to make sure everything works as it should and she is back to normal again. Happy days
Jun 11, 2019, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDazNinja
Yay new motors have arrived from China. I have already fitted and tested it to make sure everything works as it should and she is back to normal again. Happy days
I'm also waiting to try-out some mods to my A800 - it's a pity the weather has been so wet n' windy over most of England recently...
Jun 11, 2019, 05:51 AM
Someone tried to put any micro camera on it, not for FPV, but for recording a flight and landscape ?
Jun 11, 2019, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellerus
Someone tried to put any micro camera on it, not for FPV, but for recording a flight and landscape ?
I use a sq12 on occasion.

XK A800 Airplane flight video (8 min 51 sec)
Jun 11, 2019, 10:09 AM
Nice video and also cheap camera, if you crash it, or if it fall down.
How did you mount it, with a welcro tape, screws etc...?
Jun 11, 2019, 10:13 AM
I currently have it on Velcro on the black wing securing plastic part joining the wings.
Jun 18, 2019, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDazNinja
What about with the iRangeX iRX6 multi protocol module plugged into it? I know it does a load of quads and a few helis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbioman
Doesn't look like it would, but I'm not sure if someone has tested it out. The module is <$10. Sounds like a fun experiment...maybe. http://img.banggood.com/file/product...ions%20(2).pdf
Well I have had some success with the iRangeX iRX6 multi protocol module that I recently bought used. I have managed to bind the FS I6X and the iRX6 with the A800 using the rudder right, aileron left and elevator down setting and then I just needed to programme in the dual rates on switch A and the gyro or 6g/3d mode is using channel 8 so I have set that up on switch B then set up a throttle kill switch on switch D for extra safety. Seems to be working fine on the bench but I will update once I have got a chance to take her out.

Quick Reply